Feenies, Vancouver

2563 West Broadway, Vancouver (604) 739-7115

the dining room
    by kandl1
  • aqazi's Profile Photo

Feenies: I hate to say it but honestly it is a tad overated

by aqazi Written Jun 9, 2007

I've wanted to come for a while and I chose this place for my wife's birthday. She was quite excited as she'd always wanted to come. The restaurant is pretty small but we arrived early and there was no problem getting a seat. Ufortunatley they messed my order up but the burger was pretty good. My wife was a little dissapointed with her meal. Service was fine but we weren't overwhelmed by the food. The prices are OK, not as much as you'd think and we did see Feenie a couple of times. We probably wouldn't go back but it was good enough for me to sae those pennies for a special trip to Lumiere. In a nutshell probably worth a trip but just don't et your hope us as this isn't fine cuisine. For that you need to go next door.

• kandl1's Profile Photo

Feenies: Feenie beats Morimoto

by kandl1 Written May 18, 2005

the dining room

Rob Feenie of Lumiere fame is back with another room, right next to his original place. Feenie’s is a "Canadian Bistro" and much more accessible than his high-priced French place next door. The room is modern, with bright reds and oranges, with loud (but not too loud) music pumping through the sound system, and tv’s scattered in the bar. We could hear all of our conversation easily. The dining room is quite small and cozy, and the lounge has a long row of tables for dining.
    Apparently owner/chef Rob Feenie had just beaten Morimoto in a contest on the new version of the Iron Chef TV show. For a restaurant with a lot of buzz already, the newfound fame and notoriety made it difficult to get a table for dinner. Fortunately, the concierge at the Pan Pacific pulled some strings and got us in with only a minimal wait.
    (or at least that’s what the concierge told us)

Favorite Dish: The dinner was great. We had some duck confit that was the best I’ve ever had, very good tuna tartar and a wonderful spinach and prosciutto salad.
    The entrees were equally fantastic. Beef short ribs for the wife and I had a brined pork chop that was to die for.

• Business Travel