Places to eat in Vancouver

• Chinese deep fried
    Chinese deep fried "donut/Vetkoek"...
    Cambie c/o w 15th
    fresh

Most Viewed Restaurants in Vancouver

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Seasons in the Park: A Special Dining Experience for a Wonderful Night

by CdnJane Written Apr 5, 2014

Seasons in the Park is located at the top of the hill in Queen Elizabeth Park, with a spectacular view across to the mountains and downtown Vancouver... if it is clear, for us it was a wet evening, and the view obscured, but it did improve as the evening progressed. I was visiting Vancouver for the first time since both of my parents had passed away, and I wanted to have a gathering of cousins. This was a location that they had enjoyed entertaining at, so this is where was chosen. I was very pleased with the venue, for 19 of us. Due to the number of us, I dealt with Shannon, the Event Coordinator to set up a menu of a couple of options. She was wonderful to work with, providing me all the information I needed by email, and phone. The options were great for salads, soups, entrees and desserts, plus the wine list. We went with a Mixed Green Salad, Stuffed Mushrooms (absolutely amazing, and almost a meal in themselves, with seafood and cream cheese), and then a choice of Mushroom Ravioli or Grilled Steelhead Salmon for entree, and a wonderfully refreshing lemon tart for dessert. We were not rushed in sitting down initially, nor at any time with excellent service. The wait staff were wonderful, polite with a sense of humour. Everyone enjoyed the experience, and the guests with food allergies were well looked after. There is valet parking for $5, or meter parking down the road or up further by the fountain. The dining room was peaceful, and the other guests were kept away for their enjoyment and ours. Definitely an evening to remember.

Favorite Dish: The highlights of the meal were the "Sunburnt Lemon Pie two fruit coulis" dessert and the "Seasons Mushrooms crab, shrimp & cream cheese". However, I loved everything else I ate as well. The stuffed mushrooms was an ample serving - one of my cousins said she would've been happy with that having been her entree. The Sunburnt Lemon Pie was so refreshing and light to finish up the meal.

• Ann75's Profile Photo

Net Loft Cafe on Granville Island: A variety of foods at decent prices

by Ann75 Written Mar 23, 2014

It's not a restaurant in the normal style of a restaurant. It's more of an eatery right into a small type of mall/building right across from the Public Market on Granville Island. There are several tables to sit and enjoy your food/drinks. You order at the counter and you have to pick it up when it is ready, so it's not a restaurant where you get served. They are pretty quick with their meals and it's kind of nice when you want a decent variety without having to wait to be served.

You can get anything from coffee, tea, cookies, pastries, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is served all day at this place, so if you feel like a breakfast dish at dinner you can go right ahead and enjoy one. The prices are fairly good compared to the rest of the places in and around Granville Island. The staff is very friendly and the service is pretty fast. A great alternative for a decent meal without having to sit down an waiting to be served. And the biggest plus is that it's not as busy here compared to the Public Market.

Favorite Dish: The last time we were there I ordered the "bacon cheese burger" which comes with fries, it comes with a slice of tomato, lettuce, cheese and 2 big slices of bacon. It was pretty good taste wise, just add a little bit of ketchup in the hamburger and you're good to go. It only comes with a little butter and mayo. I always order mayonnaise on the side as I love to dip my fries into the mayo and I didn't have to pay extra for that. The burger was quite big and the fries were tasty.

My friend ordered the eggs Benedict which she really enjoyed. It comes with hashbrowns as well. I think she had the "traditional" eggs Benedict, but there is choice of "traditional", "smoked salmon & cream cheese" or "vegetarian" (grilled tomato & avocado). They are also know for their giant cookies which are the "giant oatmeal chocolate chip cookies".

• Arial_27's Profile Photo

Vancouver's largest coffee chain: Blenz Coffee

by Arial_27 Written Mar 16, 2014

Despite the nation-wide prevalence of Tim Hortons, Blenz coffee seems to be more popular here in Vancouver. It is a Canadian franchise that opened its first shop in Vancouver in 1992. It now has 60 + locations in British Columbia, and a few others internationally in Asia and the Middle East.

You won't find this chain in other Canadian provinces, so may as well give it a try while you're here!

• Arial_27's Profile Photo

Vancouver's number 1 ice cream place: La Casa Gelato International

by Arial_27 Written Mar 16, 2014

I recently googled 'top 10 ice cream places in Vancouver' and this popped up as number 1.

There are over 200 flavours to choose from, including very obscure ones like wasabi and curry!

Favorite Dish: I didn't actually try the ice cream, as I was on a diet at the time. I did visit here though with two friends and they seemed very pleased with what they ordered. :)

• kehale's Profile Photo

The Red Wagon Cafe: Best Breakfast Spot

by kehale Written Feb 3, 2014

We'd heard so many great things about The Red Wagon after seeing them on TV. So, on our way back home after a night in the city we decided to stop here for a breakfast bite. We arrived early enough that the line was short and the wait not too long. It was a pretty mild December day, so waiting outside wasn't too bad, and when they brought out some fresh mini donuts it made the wait even more worth it!

The atmosphere is a kind of hipster, but even if it's not totally your scene it's worth it for the friendly service and great food. Since we didn't have our daughter with us we sat at the bar and enjoyed delicious coffee and fantastic food! It was hard to just pick one item off the menu but we were both able to narrow it down and pick something that hit the spot! We'll be back again... and maybe next time with our daughter since this place is definitely family friendly!

Favorite Dish: Though they are famous for their pulled pork pancakes with Jack Daniels spiked maple-syrup, neither of us were really in the mood for pancakes after a night of drinking. Instead, I opted for the Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict. It was so delicious and the perfect breakfast to kill whatever hangover I had left.

• School Holidays

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Mad Greek: Great take-out option in Richmond

by Jefie Written Jan 22, 2014

This restaurant was located right next to our hotel so we thought we'd go there to celebrate our last evening in Richmond; however, we had no idea when the karate competition would end and when we showed up at 7:00 pm on a Saturday night with no reservation, the place was already packed. Instead of waiting for a table, we decided to order some take-out. We did have time to assess the atmosphere of the place, which looked really nice, lively and cosy. The feast we brought back to our hotel was delicious! The chicken souvlakis came with a delicious Greek salad, rice, boiled potatoes, tatziki dip and pita bread, all for only $16. I wouldn't say it was the best Greek meal I've ever had, but it was really good. It would have been nice to eat at the restaurant, but in the end my sister and I were able to enjoy a great, relaxing meal back at the hotel. It definitely beats ordering pizza!

Shiro: Japanese for lunch

by kenHuocj Written Jul 28, 2013

Looked small and established, a look through the window convinced us it was the right choice.
    Japanese welcome, different generation of obviously a family took us straight to the stools in front of the food providers.
    Freshly made in front of us, pity it was only a lunch snack, on our next visit to BC, will liner longer to try different sections of menu and what others are ordering
    Good Value for $-s

Favorite Dish: what we had as shown by photos

Tai Tung Chinese Seafood Restaurant ~ Granville: King Crab and Rock Cod Dinner

by kenHuocj Written Jul 6, 2013

my three offspring had never had King Crab trio on their previous visits, i was fortunate enough to have enjoyed it on my previous two visits, and this was the automatic choice, being closer for us than the orignal Kingsway eatery. Despite the peak season was over, we still managed to catch the tail end, though locals say to small, too expensive and flesh not as deliocate nor as tasty as it should be.

Service was excellent, King Crab Trio and Steamed Rock Cod 4.5 / 5
    Rock Cod 5/5, wish we had one less dish as we were a bit full.
    Salt baked chicken 5/5, last dish to arrive on the table, so it was lunch the following day.

only complaint, it was pricier than i expected, alas a full satiated tummy is a contented soul, and the young ones tryuly relished the experience

Favorite Dish: King Crab trio allows you to savour the ocean, the delicate flavour and texture and the versality of crab under very different preparation techniques and cooking methods.
    Steamed legs with gralic and ginger, the left over sauce is later used to toss into a Shanghai noodles,
    the joint and bodies are cut into managable pieces then deep fired with a salty spicy dry crispy batter;

• fdylan's Profile Photo

Kobe: Delicious Food and Entertaining Chefs!

by fdylan Written Jun 7, 2013

The restaurant has the best japanese food i have ever tried! Great restaurant layout that is very comfortable and group friendly. The food is cooked right in front of your eyes and is made into a cool show. If you are ever on Alberni street, try this place out!

Favorite Dish: Teriyaki Combination is by far my favourite dish. It is cooked perfectly and has delicious sauces. The portion is just right and very filling.

• kehale's Profile Photo

La Pentola: Delicious Options!

by kehale Written Mar 12, 2013

The restaurant is very upscale, but doesn't feel pretentious. The staff was so friendly and welcoming, and did a great job making recommendations on everything from drinks to food. I don't think one person was disappointed in anything that we ordered.

If you are looking for night life following dinner, there are plenty of bars in the area, as the restaurant is located in Yaletown, just know that they are pretty expensive.

Favorite Dish: They have a ton of delicious options and it was hard to choose what to eat. I asked the waiter about a few options and he helped me make my decision. I opted for the roasted bone marrow to start, and followed it up with the beef cheek ravioli. Both were fantastic. The portions were not huge, and after eating both, I found I was satisfied - not even interested in dessert (which is not common for me).

• Wine Tasting

• codobai's Profile Photo

Cafe Crepe: Perfect bite to eat

by codobai Written Oct 10, 2012

The Cafe Crepe on Granville is a great find where one can get a scrumptious bite to eat. An alternative to fast food, the food is warm and hearty but done with a flair, be it a panini, a bowl of soup or of course, a crepe. The atmosphere is a melding of a jazz club, a deli, and a coffeehouse. Strangely enough, it works!

Favorite Dish: Butter chicken soup!

• toontown's Profile Photo

Japadog: Favourite dog - west coast style

by toontown Written Jul 2, 2012

Until recently there have been very few street vendors permitted in Vancouver but Japadog has been around since 2005 and made a name for its delicious and different hotdogs served with a variety of toppings. I can't walk or drive by with the window open without my mouth watering. There is always a line up but they work fast. They didn't used to have fries or more than two or three varieties but now they have a lot of varieties and you can make it a meal with a variety of fries - butter & shoyu, wasabi, curry, teriyaki etc.

Favorite Dish: The Kurobuto Terimayo is the quintessential favourite at Japadog. The pork sausage is amazing and it is topped off with the teriyaki and mayo (terimayo) sauce, fried onions and shredded seaweed. Sooo good!

• Beaches

Makoto: Cantonese

by kenHuocj Updated Mar 20, 2012

Sun Sui Wah Seafood Restaurant
    Awards winning Restaurant, well supported by Hong Kong origin Canadians

Favorite Dish: Dim Sum for Lunch,
    or specialities for a more foral setting King Roast Squab, Alsakan King Crab, Soup of the day. *** all are of various Cuisine styles ===
    Pices on high end, but worth spending ;-p

• 1 more image

Tanpopo: Perfect Sushi

by latyshala Written Feb 7, 2012

The restaurant is right in the heart of Vancouver you can sit and enjoy delicious sushi and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the pacific coast. I have eaten at dozens of sushi restaurants across the world and this is by far my favorite. the staff is absolutely brilliant, making you feel extremely welcome. I always go for the all you can eat menu saving myself from the difficult task of picking only a few dishes. Everything they make is made that same day nice and fresh even sauces so you never have to worry about poor quality food. On sunny days you can enjoy the balcony and get an even better view of the ocean. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone.

Favorite Dish: the tempura is delicious, the coating is never too much and the sauce is that perfect balance of sweet and salty. Don't bother asking for the recipe, I have tried and failed many times.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Fronde on the Beach: Brunch on the beach

by joiwatani Updated Sep 28, 2011

The waiters in this restaurant are the owner and her son, who is about 10 years old. They are Canadian-Indians. The restaurant is overlooking the ocean and it has a beautiful spot, basically across the museum and fronting the beach with a beautiful view.

We wanted to have coffee but ended up having our brunch there.

The coffee was freshly-brewed and being a Seattlelite, I can taste it right away. However the food that we ordered was just reheated in the microwave. We ordered different classes of food that was on the menu and we barely touched them.

The potatoes were soggy and they looked like they were L.O.(that's what I call left over!). The bacon was not good unlike those lean nice looking fried Oscar Myers' brand bacon I have on Sunday breakfast in my house!

The scrambled eggs were not cooked right. Golly, my daughter can cook better! Anyways, it was a waste of my brother-in-law's money. (Good thing, I didn't pay for my brunch!). The toasts were not done right.

I highly recommend this restaurant for their coffee but nothing else.

Favorite Dish: I just like their coffee. The boy came and refilled my cup three times! I just loved their coffee...I don't recommend this restaurant for anything else.

• Photography

Latest: Nov 14, 2013
The Hotel at Terminal City Club
The Listel Hotel

Instant Answers: Vancouver

Comments

Vancouver Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Vancouver locals.
Map of Vancouver