Tropika, Vancouver

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Tropika: Malaysian Cuisine

by rmdw Written Feb 19, 2005

Tropika - Malaysian Cuisine

Tropika is a chain of four Malaysian restaurants in Greater Vancouver. They offer a huge menu of offerings.

If you've never had Malaysian food before, it's sort of like a combination between Chinese and Thai. They offer spicy and non-spicy dishes alike.

Favorite Dish: We started with Lamb & Beef Satays and Indonesian Spring Rolls. Both were excellent. For the main meal my dad and my friend each had different kinds of Prawn dishes, which they enjoyed very much. I opted for the "Bungaraya Vegetarian Delight" dinner combination. I didn't like it very much. There was a strange cold salad that really turned me off. Next time I'll try one of the other three dinner combos.

• SurfSeeker's Profile Photo

Tropika: Tropika

by SurfSeeker Written Aug 26, 2002

Excellent malaysian cuisine, the service and food is usually top notch (especially for an asian restaurant). The best part is that the menu has pictures of most of the dishes and so you won't be getting any surprises, even though pretty much everything here is really good. During mid-week they have good satay specials and if they just got the seafood order in get some crab ! Oh yeah, and the lamb curry is really good as well, vegetarians might want to try the gado-gado.

Favorite Dish: -Ayam Goreng
    - be sure to check out the chendol for dessert
    - ice coffee is also a must if your a coffee person

• Tropika: My Favorite Restaurant

by cpm440vee Written Aug 30, 2006

I'm sure locals will probably recommend a bunch of other Asian restaurants but for me, I really enjoyed eating at Tropika on Robson St. Decor was modern, service was good and the food...I ordered a fried rice with pineapple and I got an actual pineapple with fried rice in it. Never had it that way before so I was pleasantly surprised.

Instant Answers: Vancouver

Comments

Hotels Near Tropika
4.0 out of 5 stars