Stores, Malls or Markets in Vancouver

Most Viewed Shopping in Vancouver

• briantravelman's Profile Photo

The Rock Shop: A Hot Topic On Steroids

by briantravelman Written Jul 16, 2014

I was dragged to this place by my cousin, but it was worth it. The store is basically a Hot Topic on steroids. They have the largest, and best collection of rock n roll apparel, and decor, I've ever seen. Everyone from Queen to Nirvana. It would take the entire day, to go through it all. They have rare shirts, that I haven't seen any place else. Most of them weren't what I was looking for, but at least I had a lot to choose from. The girl working the counter was really friendly, and helpful, and let us look through all the Pink Floyd and AC/DC shirts. And it didn't hurt that she was kind of cute.
    I bought a sweet AC/DC shirt for $35, and my cousin bought a hat for $25 They have a great selection, but I felt the items were really overpriced. That shirt shouldn't have cost more than $20, and that plain black hat, no more than 7, but I still don‘t regret buying it.
    At least they take American money.
    I would recommend this place for any true rock n' roll fan. It's worth braving the shady streets of Yaletown, to shop here.

In the end, I'm glad I was dragged here. I have a sweet shirt, and I got off the crazy streets for a while.
    This was the only part of my visit to Yaletown, that I enjoyed.

What to buy: Rock n Roll shirts, jewelry, and decor. The Queen quilt was really sweet. If only I could afford it.

What to pay: More than you should. $20 and up.

Sweet Shirt

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Woofles & Meowz: Everything for the dog or cat lover under one woof

by Bunsch Written Jun 6, 2009

Start with a big red caboose. Fill it with a vast assortment of animal paraphrenalia, from the totally ludicrous (fur coats) to the useful (flotation devices for sea-going pets) to the simply fun (mechanical dragonflies to tease cats). I came away with a raincoat for my dog -- something I swore I'd never purchase, but which has already seen a lot of service -- and some adorable cat treats, but I could easily have spent several hundred dollars because the selection is really astonishing, much of it breed-specific. Even my non-pet-mad friends seemed to enjoy the visit and I'm sure kids would go crazy for the caboose itself.

What to buy: Can't find dog jewelry elsewhere? It's here. Darren Monette, the owner, is happy to held with special orders if you need something really extraordinary.

What to pay: Prices were a bit higher than your standard big-box store, but a lot of the goods were unusual.

Toot!  Toot!

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Wendy McKim Murphy Paper Mache Sculpture: Truly unique -- first I've ever seen

by Bunsch Written May 14, 2009

Wendy has a stall at the Granville Public Market.

It's a toss-up whether you'd call what Wendy Murphy does "art" or "craft" but however denominated, her things are quite extraordinary. Although she has a wide selection of animals -- mostly dogs and cats, but I also saw mice, rabbits, chickens, horses, sheep -- she is quite willing to work from a photograph (one presumes also from a live model, but who carts their animals up to Vancouver?) to provide you with a totally unique sculpture or wall hanging. I'm giving her card to my kids and suggesting that this would make an ideal Christmas present!

What to pay: The wall hanging "portraits" run about $250.00.

The artist with some of her work
    • Travel with Pets

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Golden Bonbon Nougat Candy: Golden Bonbon Nougat Candy

by UKDaisy Written Apr 11, 2006

What to buy: My mother-in-law specifically asked for Golden Bonbon nougat sweets when she heard that I was going to Canada. I had never heard of them before, but on checking them out online, I found out that they are manufactured in British Columbia, and as I was going to Vancouver, BC, I agreed to buy them for her.

When I got to Vancouver, I found the nougat sweets everywhere. There were plenty on sale in the souvenir shops along Robson Street and in the airport. However, you'll get ripped off if you buy them at these places. These shops were charging about $2 for a tiny little pack. Luckily, I found some in a supermarket, on special offer, a 500g pack for $9.99 (RRP $14.99). Bargain!

• Business Travel

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Airport duty-free: Don't bank on last-minute shopping at airport

by UKDaisy Written Mar 16, 2006

After entering the Departures Lounge at YVR airport, I found that most of the shops were already closed (this was only 6pm!). There were more shops over in the US Departures lounge, but I was in the International Departures section and was not allowed to cross over.

• Business Travel

• spitball's Profile Photo

On-Line or by mail: Fantastic Documentaries to see

by spitball Updated Mar 5, 2006

What to buy: The film is called: Born into Brothels, and it is one of the most touching documentaries anyone has ever filmed. Zana Briski and Ross Kauffman are the makers of this incredible work, It concerns a small group of children in Calcutta, who's mothers are prostitutes, it deservedly won an oscar award. Briski, a photographer, gives each child a camera and teaches them how to take pictures, causing them to look at their world with new eyes. Humorous and heartfelt, the film reveals the power of art and how beauty can be found in the most unlikely of places. Winner of ten major film festival prizes, including the 2004 Sundance Audience Award for Best Documentary. The people in New York, handling my order had a few problems, with their orders and had a few minor complaints from disatisfied customers, but I was completely satisfied with my order. Because of complaints by some people, I was offered the DVD for the same price as the CD, so now I own the DVD.
    Born into Brothels:
    Quantity: 1
    Description: Pre-Order: CD Soundtrack from Born into Brothels. To be shipped after Sept. 1st
    Price (each): $18.00
    Item Total: $18.00
    Subtotal: $18.00
    Shipping Charge: +$2.00
    Grand Total: $20.00

What to pay: $20.00

The Children involved Some of the Children on the street in Calcutta Out for a field trip

• el_ruso's Profile Photo

all: reimbursement of sales tax

by el_ruso Written Jul 6, 2005

British Columbia adds a 17% sales tax to purchases; however, you can claim reimbursement if you are a foreign citizen. To do that, the sum of purchases must be more than CAN$200, and each check over CAN$50. You MUST have the receipts stamped by Canadian customs at the airport when you are leaving, and since there will be a long line, budget at least 45 min for that. Afterwards, fill out the form available in almost every hotel, and mail it along with those receipts to Canada.

• maryellen50's Profile Photo

Vancouver Liquor Stores: Excellent British Columbia Wines

by maryellen50 Written May 29, 2005

Diversity within BC's Okanagan/Similkameen wine regions vary broadly throughout the valleys, as do the nationalities of their winemakers. Look for wine styles reminiscent of those found in California, Germany, Austria, France, Italy, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

British Columbia Sunset

• rmdw's Profile Photo

Superstore: Best Food Prices in Vancouver!

by rmdw Written May 8, 2005

Whenever I visit (or live in) a place for an extended amount of time I always like to know the favourite places to shop. When it comes to grocery shopping in Vancouver, THE place to go to for the best selection & prices is one of the many Superstores.

These are huge warehouse-type stores that are just wonderful to shop in. I always end up spending more than I had set out to!

Around Vancouver there are many Superstore locations so just check out their website to find the one closest to you.

What to buy: I like everything at Superstore except for the fruits & vegetables. The quality of this produce seems to be poor at times. So for these items I prefer going to Granville Island.

What to pay: Please be aware that they only take cash, debit cards, and Mastercard.

Superstore
    • Study Abroad

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

N/A: Stanley Park Street Vendors

by jamiesno Written Jun 24, 2004

In certain areas of the Stanley Park Seawall Promenade you will find local artist seeling carvings, paintings and other local crafts.

I watched some guy carve for a while and I never bought anything but if I did it would have been here. You could tell the things were local and more authentic as apposed to the tacky touristy gift you will see in most gift shops.

Vendors in Stanley Park

• ct-bound's Profile Photo

Cycling shops

by ct-bound Written Mar 13, 2004

La Bicycletta - high end road cycles and gear, located in the 200-block West Broadway (by Cambie). Road & Tri stuff only.

Mighty Riders - 'Ed's shop'. Specializes in cyclocross stuff. Whatever you've broken, Ed can get it working again. Also on Broadway, about 000 or West 100 block. A little road, a little mountain, a lot of courier specials.

Dizzy Cycles - good location in Kitsilano on West 4th, about 2 blocks West of Burrard. Road & Mountain.

Campione Cycles - Specialty is their own brand 'Cramerotti' cycles. Lots of Campy stuff. On W. 8th, just East of Burrard. Only road and tri.

Bicycle Sports Pacific - on Burrard just on the downtown (North) side of the Burrard St bridge. The only place in town to get cannondales. Road, tri and mountain (and lots of clothing).

Mountain Equipment Co-op. Carries a limited selection of both road and mountain components, but if they have it, it's the best price in town.

• dragontml's Profile Photo

A day out shopping

by dragontml Written Dec 21, 2003

Vancouver has Robson Street, Granville Street, Gastown, Yaletown and Commercial Drive.
    Vancouverites can shop with the best of them. Whether you're searching for designer labels or kitschy retro furniture; ceramic mugs or Cartier jewelry; hand-blown glass sculptures, salt-water taffy, Italian shoes or organic green tea-Vancouver has it all.

• eden03's Profile Photo

Outdoor shops: More Outdoor Gear

by eden03 Written Dec 12, 2003

There are many shops between Cambie and Main Street, along West Broadway (Vancouver), which sell outdoor gear.

What to buy: You can buy all kinds of outdoor gear such as clothing, camping equipment, cycling equipment, backpacking, skiing and snowboarding gear, bikes, etc.

What to pay: Varies from store to store

• Adventure Travel
    • Mountain Climbing
    • Skiing and Boarding

• globetrotter_2006's Profile Photo

Cuban Cigars

by globetrotter_2006 Written Feb 24, 2006

Through out the city you will find Cugan Cigar shops. If you live in the United States, it is always nice to smoke one legally. I bought a small box of Cohibas in Gastown.

Vancouver Hotels

• Opus Hotel

A contemporary hotel located in the very cosmopolitan Yaletown. Top-notch service from a very...

• St. Regis Hotel

The St Regis is a wonderful gem in the core of Vancouver where one can easily enjoy the sidewalk...

• L'Hermitage Hotel

A great hotel from start to finish. Excellent rooms are very comfortable. Service is 5 star and all...

Latest Vancouver Hotel Reviews

The Hotel at Terminal City Club
Westin Bayshore Vancouver
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews

Instant Answers: Vancouver

Comments

Vancouver Shopping

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Vancouver locals.
Map of Vancouver