Know about this?
This is a picture of 86 people waiting in line for hours on a stormy powder day for fresh tracks down spanky's ladder, blackcomb!!!
Tourist Traps? I didn't find one place that I didn't enjoy!
This place is so beautiful! Just thought I'd include some mountain stats here for those that are interested:
• 12 bowls and 3 glaciers
• 9 restaurants on each mountain
• The largest ski area in North America
• 9 metres / 30 metres average snowfall every year
• Skiing and snowboarding until August
• One of the best terrain parks in North America
• Greatest vertical rise ski mountains in North America
• 30 ft snow a year average
There's 7000 acres of skiing. Whistler opened in 1966, and Blackcomb opened in 1980. The base elevation is 652 m / 2140 ft at Whistler Mtn. and 675 m / 2214 ft at Blackcomb Mtn. The peak elevation at Whistler Mtn. was 2182 m / 7160 ft and at Blackcomb Mtn. is 2284 m / 7494 ft.
- Skiing and Boarding
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Adventure Travel
WHISTLER: no traps here, just...
WHISTLER: no traps here, just another shot of the 'downtown'.
Isn't or not sooo similar to northern italy, austria or some southern region of germany?
This would make this place not exciting for me but it was as well. It is so nice.
But, yes, Cortina D'Ampezzo is exactly similar and also 15000 kilometers closer, that's a point!
Most of the hotels hav...
Most of the hotels hav microwaves etc to make or warm yor own meals and u can always get great food at the IGA store(like a Safeway or grocer store with a Pizza Hut for take-away inside as well) instead of supporting the astronomic restaurant prices.
Ok, this ain't no trap. but a trap in a way that you should not miss this place. It is absolutely beautiful with a great shopping village and loads of restaurants.
Beginning of Winter and they had 2 feet of snow in a weekend - pure light powder, great for snowboarding.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Vancouver Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Stamford Bridge Hotels
- Manatee Springs State Park Hotels
- Amritsar Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro Hotels