Vancouver Island Restaurants

On the deck, Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge
    by toonsarah
  • White Spot (Saanichton, British Columbish Canada)
    White Spot (Saanichton, British...
    by Redang
  • Restaurants
    by a5floor

Most Recent Restaurants in Vancouver Island

• a5floor's Profile Photo

White Spot: White Spot restaurant in Courtenay

by a5floor Updated Apr 4, 2011

There are more then 60 locations in British Columbia and Alberta of this restaurant. The headquarter of White Spot is in Vancouver, BC.

In White Spot you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can choose between several items (soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps, spot classics, pastas, rice bowls, stir-fries, steaks, chicken....).

Phone: 001-250-338-8474
    Fax: 001-250-338-8304
    Email: unit618@whitespot.ca

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish is the Chargrilled Spot Veggie Burger. The description of Whitespot for this dish is: chargrilled for extra flavour, served with lettuce, tomato relish & ranch dressing. The price for this dish is CAD 8.79.

• Redang's Profile Photo

White Spot: White Spot

by Redang Updated Aug 17, 2007

In Saanich, right next door Western 66 Motel, there is this a restaurant called White Spot, either for breakfast or just a meal.
    Very close to Swartz Bay ferry terminal and at about 20 kms. from Victoria, on Vancouver Island.

White Spot (Saanichton, British Columbish Canada)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Killer Whale Café, Telegraph Cove: Where is everybody?

by toonsarah Updated May 12, 2007

We had dinner here on both of the evenings of our stay in Telegraph Cove (it’s either that or cook in your cabin, and I always prefer to eat out on holiday), and also had lunch on one of the days. The meals were all excellent – plenty of seafood of course, given the location, but other choices too for non-fish eaters. We also came here for hot chocolate on a rainy afternoon, which was just what we needed!

The building itself is interesting – a renovated saltery built over the water at the far end of the boardwalk. The wood is a warm yellow cedar, and the warm glow is increased by the copper tables (reminiscent of those found in many English pubs!) and some lovely stained glass windows and doors. Next door, and part of the same building, is the Old Saltery Pub. We headed here for a post-dinner drink on our first evening. Again, the décor is interesting (old photos of Telegraph Cove and a 3-ton engine that once generated power for the village) but the pub was totally lacking in atmosphere as we were the only customers – at about 8.30 in the evening. We did have one drink, in the hope that others would arrive, but instead the barmaid demonstrated how keen she was for us to leave by counting the takings and sighing loudly until we did so. On our second evening it was worse – the pub was closed! The website invites you to “Come in to share tales of the fish you caught and the even bigger ones that got away or tell everyone about the Orcas, dolphins, and eagles you've seen.” So presumably there is some life to the place sometimes!

On our second morning we discovered another downside to this place – we wanted breakfast but found that it didn’t open until 10.00 AM so had to make do with muffins bought from the general store and eaten in our cabin.

Favorite Dish: According to my diary I particularly enjoyed the salmon with teriyaki prawns I had on the first evening – but I don’t know if that’s still on the menu!

Hot chocolate in the Killer Whale Cafe
    • Whale Watching

Rainforest Cafe, Tofino: Cool venue, great food

by toonsarah Written May 12, 2007

I’d read good reviews of this place, reputed to be one of the best in town, so we tried to go on our first evening in town, only to find them fully booked. We were lucky to be able to book for the next evening instead, and were very glad we did. The cuisine I guess would be described as fusion or Pacific Rim, and everything we ate was absolutely delicious. The ambiance is fairly laid-back and casual, and it lacks the great views of some of the other restaurants in Tofino (like the Schooner) but don’t let that put you off – this is really good food!

Favorite Dish: I ate prawns served with a Thai dipping sauce, linguine with red snapper and mussels, and a passion fruit mousse – all delicious.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

The Schooner on Second: Stylish and scrumptious!

by toonsarah Written May 12, 2007

We ate here on our first evening in Tofino. It’s a large, older building on Campbell Street, the main road through town, and is up a slight incline, giving it wonderful views of the water beyond the town.

I’ve put a full review on my Tofino page, but should mention here that the food was fantastic, though it doesn’t come cheap! Our bill, with wine, came to $110 (Canadian) – judging by a website I think you’d pay more like $130 now, but it would be worth it!

Favorite Dish: Hard to choose between my tandoori halibut and Chris’s dessert of a trio of chocolate truffles served on a platter specially created for the restaurant by a local artist - although the latter definitely took the prize for presentation!

Lighthouse on the Water, Nanaimo: Great harbourside setting

by toonsarah Written May 12, 2007

This restaurant’s biggest selling point is the lovely setting, although the food was pretty good too. It’s on the waterfront in Nanaimo, the town where we landed in our ferry from mainland BC and spent our first night on the island. The building juts out into the harbour so there are views all round, and is arranged over two floors, one the restaurant and one a welcoming pub (with snacks available as a lighter alternative to a full meal in the restaurant). There’s also a deck overlooking the water, although we found the evening a little chilly for outside dining. We were pleased though to get a table by a window and to watch the boats come and go as we ate a lovely meal. I had some excellent Cajun oysters, which judging by the website are unfortunately no longer offered. We followed our meal with a drink in the pub – great tequila sunrises.

Mains currently run from $13 - $25 (Canadian) which I think are reasonable prices for this quality of food and great location.

Lighthouse Bistro's leaflet

Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge: Great views and great seafood

by toonsarah Written May 12, 2007

As well as being one of the nicest places to stay, Tsa-Kwa-Luten also gave us one of our tastiest meals. The restaurant at the lodge has lovely picture windows overlooking the water, with views of Vancouver Island beyond, and the food is of a quality to match the views! As you’d expect in this setting, there’s a lot of fish and seafood, but there are also meat and vegetarian options if you prefer them. We shared a plate of crisply fried calamari to start with, and I followed this with great fishcakes served with a Thai dipping sauce. Prices weren’t low but were OK for the quality of the food and the style of the restaurant.

In warm weather, or at lunch time, you could chose to eat outside on the deck, but although it was July when we visited it was too cool for us to want to do that. Next door to the restaurant, in the stunning main lobby of the lodge, is a bar with a full range of drinks and cocktails – a great place to end your day.

Main lobby, Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge (bar on the left) On the deck, Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge

• canuckmike's Profile Photo

Coombs Country Candy: For a Junk Food Fix

by canuckmike Written Sep 3, 2006

Well aparantly there are 3 locations for this place but the one I went to was just prior to entering Port Alberni. As you can tell from the name, this place specializes in candy and it is made inside the building. You can choose from lots of flavours of ice cream to cotton candy to fudge to pink popcorn to giant lollipops and so on. They do have some non junk food items but really, what's the point? There are tables both inside and out to enjoy your onset of diabetes. A big plus is that you are able to watch them make the candy right when you are shopping. The 3 locations are Coombs, Nanaimo and Port Alberni.

Coombs Country Candy

• canuckmike's Profile Photo

Lighthouse Neighborhood Pub: In Port Renfrew Try the

by canuckmike Written Sep 1, 2006

The Lighthouse Neighborhood Pub is in a building that looks like a lighthouse located at the far end in Port Renfrew. There is a restaurant, pub and a patio on where you can eat your meals. The interior is a cozy/semi classy wooden themed with some nautical decorations. I was first worried when I saw the menu because the prices were fairly high but you do get a lot of food so you won't spend $20 and still be hungry. The staff was quite friendly and when I was there it wasn't overly busy. The muscles were quite nice and so were the fries. I didn't enjoy the chicken wings that much but I had no problem eating them. It has a good selection of food from burgers to good seafood.

Lighthouse Neighborhood Pub

• cherylll's Profile Photo

Black Finn Pub: west coast style at its best

by cherylll Written Apr 24, 2006

The food is great, the ocean and Comox harbour view is the best as well as the famous Comox Valley Glacier...spectacular view. Wonderful selection of wines, excellent menu and great location in downtown comox if you are wanting to have access to downtown, harbour and nearby beach walks, etc.

• Wine Tasting

• Lady_Mystique's Profile Photo

GEORGE'S TAVERNA RESTAURANT: Best Greek Restaurant on Vancouver Island !!!

by Lady_Mystique Updated May 10, 2005

I love Greek food!
    I love going to Greek restaurants to eat Greek food...and sometimes I am fortunate enough to catch a belly-dance (Middle-East) performance too!

Of all the Greek restaurants I've tried in my time...and there have been many...I have found this one to be the most consistently good!

The décor is very Greek, but since I've never been to Greece, this is only an educated guess. Anyway, I find it relaxing, the service excellent, and the food delicious!

Favorite Dish: I've tried almost all the traditional Greek dishes (even though the restaurant also serves pizzas and Western style food) and have enjoyed every one!

My favourite Greek restaurant on the Island

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

GOLDEN DRAGON RESTAURANT: CHINESE BUFFET IN PORT ALBERNI

by LoriPori Written Oct 29, 2004

Within walking distance from our motel (Somass Motel), the GOLDEN DRAGON RESTAURANT , was a great choice as we were both in the mood for Chinese food. The all-you-can-eat buffet was well presented with lots of fresh stir-fried meat dishes, the usual egg rolls, fried rice, etc. as well as a soup & salad bar, all for $10.95 per person. Open 7 Days a Week.

Info from my Scrapbook

• K.Knight's Profile Photo

Empress Hotel: High tea at the Empress Hotel

by K.Knight Written Jul 2, 2004

It may be a little excessive and a little expensive (They do say that BC stands for "Bring Cash!) but when visiting Victoria you should indulge in one of Victoria's grandest traditions - Afternoon Tea at Empress.
    For over 95 years, the majestic lobby of this landmark hotel has played host to England's most beloved ritual - the taking of Afternoon Tea.
    Award-winning Pastry Chef enusurean authentic and memorable experience - from Tea through to freshly baked raison scones served with Devon-style double Jersey cream and strawberry preserves. Served in the relaxing atmosphere of their elegant Tea Lobby, overlooking Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbor in the stately Harbourside Room or under the hand-painted ceiling of the Library, Afternoon Tea is an absolute 'must do' for all who visit Victoria.

Favorite Dish: TEA!!!!!!!!

The Empress

• IrishFem's Profile Photo

The Marina: Fresh Seafood

by IrishFem Updated Jun 5, 2003

I can't recommond this enough if you like seafood. You have a wide choice with lunch or dinner a cafe and sushi bar. The food was delicious. I had dinner here sitting by the window overlooking the marina. The view was spectular. You can also enquire about Nature cruises, fishing charters, boat rentals and sailing charters.

Favorite Dish: Fish of the day.... the staff were very friendly.

Instant Answers: Vancouver Island

Comments

Vancouver Island Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Vancouver Island restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vancouver Island sightseeing.

View all Vancouver Island hotels