Don Mee Restaurant, Victoria

by Jetgirly
  • Don Mee Restaurant: Best Chinese in Chinatown

by Jetgirly Updated Jun 22, 2006

Don Mee's Cool Sign

I have never been to China or eaten "real" Chinese food, but I have taste-tested many of Victoria's Chinatown restaurants, and Don Mee's is my FAVORITE! It is located in the heart of Chinatown, just past the Gates of Harmonious Interest.

The service is always fast and friendly, and they are very accomodating of large groups. All the food is delicious and portions are generous.

I always go with a few friends, and we share the following dishes:

- Lemon Chicken (YUMMMM)
    - Vegetarian Chop Suey with almonds
    - Chicken Chow Mein

Plus, we order individual bowls of wonton soup or spring rolls as appetizers.

• eric_ives's Profile Photo

Don Mee Restaurant: Family-friendly West Coast Chinese food

by eric_ives Written Jan 6, 2004
    Sign helps you find the restaurant

When our family travels we always try out local Chinese restaurants. Victoria, like other West Coast cities, has more of the upscale family Chinese restaurants such as Don Mee. The food is of better quality and slightly higher priced than what you would find in a typical Midwestern Chinese restaurant, and incomparably better than typical Chinese buffet restaurants. There are linen tablecloths, nice China plates, and comfortable chairs. The staff were quite friendly and helped accomodate our small children who were learning to use chopsticks.

Favorite Dish: I love the onion cakes. It's a sort of a cross between a salty pancake and Naan bread that you get in an Indian restaurant. It's really just a side dish, and not a main course, but it's still my favorite. Don Mee has good seafood main dishes.

Instant Answers: Victoria

Comments

Hotels Near Don Mee Restaurant
4.5 out of 5 stars