Green Cuisine, Victoria

560 Johnson

Green Cuisine
    by Jetgirly
  • Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Green Cuisine: Not Quite Vegan Paradise!

by Jetgirly Updated Apr 4, 2011

Green Cuisine

After a few years of grumbling, I managed to convice my meat-and-potatoes father to take me to Green Cuisine, an all-vegan buffet. Rather than being all-you-can-eat, Green Cuisine lets you take what you want and then charges you by weight. There is a great salad bar that's quite a steal, but when you get into the heavier hot entrees the value-meter starts dropping. All of the vegan dishes were good, and the cheese-less lasagna really stood out (who would have thought vegan lasagna would be edible?). I had a good chocolate-espresso cake for dessert, but I must say the orange cheesecake looked a little suspicious! How do you make cheesecake without the cheese?

Overall, the food was good but overly pricey. You'd get much more bang for your vegetarian buck at Rebar.

• Eco-Tourism

• Green Cuisine: Vegetarian digs

by biophilia Written Jul 24, 2005

Buffet style. Priced per grams so can be expensive if you don't "weigh" your options (careful rice is heavy). Good soup cheap too. I never like their Tempeh (though I think that is what is supposed to taste like - maybe I just don't like tempeh.

Favorite Dish: Great fries - you can buy them in a bowl (this makes them cheaper). Lots of stuff for salad, which is why I usually go there.

• The Green Cuisine: The Green Cuisine

by Victoriab Written Aug 24, 2002

The fact that I know exactly what the ingrediants are, owing to the fact that I have food allergies.

Favorite Dish: It is cafeteria like, and vegetarian, but all ingrediants are listed, and you serve yourself. This place is found in the lovely old Market Square.

Instant Answers: Victoria

Comments

Hotels Near Green Cuisine
4.5 out of 5 stars