Places to eat in Victoria

Most Viewed Restaurants in Victoria

• shavy's Profile Photo

Victoria Ice Cream & Fudge Factory: Good ice cream

by shavy Updated Jun 30, 2014

Walking downtown of Victoria you'll pass not only the shopping malls, boutiques or any other stores. In one of shopping streets, plenty of small shops selling souvenirs, coffee, snacks and of course ice cream shops, very tempting seeing the display outside gives you a watering mouth by looking to the ice cream. We went inside and have a look, I can't believe what they all have, unbelievable sweets, sweets I'm not very fun of sweets so, ice cream is one of my target

They have many different flavors, some of the flavors I never seen, but they are not really cheap and it is at least worth it to try, there were people waiting in a row so, probably one of the good store
    In this shop ice cream, fudge and other stuffs are available but my purpose is only to the ice cream

• kehale's Profile Photo

The Clay Pigeon: Great Breakfast Spot!

by kehale Written Jan 31, 2014

We found The Clay Pigeon by chance after we caught an early ferry to Victoria and were anxious to find breakfast! We were so glad we did. Since we were early we were seated pretty quickly, but I could tell this place must fill up quickly for breakfast. The service was excellent and we were thrilled by the choices on the menu. The atmosphere was quaint and cozy, that feel of a little coffee house kind of place. We felt relaxed and never rushed with our yummy breakfasts. I know that the next time we make a trip back to Victoria, I'll want to visit for breakfast again!

Favorite Dish: I ordered the Pigeon Pancakes - lemon ricotta pancakes with raspberry butter and maple syrup. I was glad the butter and syrup came on the side. The pancakes were light and the perfect amount of lemon, and the raspberry butter was not overwhelming either. For me, the pancakes were perfect with just a little butter on them and if I felt like it, I would just dip them into the maple syrup! A perfect breakfast to give me some energy before our day of wandering Victoria!

• Tinkerbell6593's Profile Photo

Skinny Tato: Tasty and quiet dining

by Tinkerbell6593 Written Jul 8, 2013

This is a very intimate sized restaurant. We did arrive at the dinner hour (6:30 p.m.) without dinner reservations and seeing as they were full they asked for us to come back in half an hour. Since they are located in downtown Victoria we just visited a few area shops and came back exactly in half an hour and they had a window table ready and waiting for us.
    The menu is not extensive but offers tasty eastern European delights. My husband and I both began with a complimentary cup of borsht and it was very tasty. The pierogies came in either sauerkraut or potato versions. Both were delicate and tasty. My husband ordered a plain smaller potato pancake which was done perfectly. The giant potato pancakes are stuffed with a few different choices. I choose mine with mushrooms and sauerkraut. Both kinds were done nicely without any taste of grease. Our meals came with four different salads on hand. Both the white and purple kraut salads were tasty without being overpowering. However the skinny potato salad with peas along with the Polish salad with beets were by far our favorites. The coffee was very good. For a mixed drink I ordered the Szarlota which was a delicious vodka drink with cucumbers floating in it. However, I found their dessert of an apple cake a little too dry for my taste. Everything else was delicious. The owner was present and seemed genuinely concerned that everything that we had was perfect. I would recommend this place for a nice quiet dinner.

Favorite Dish: The borsht was delicate and delicious.

• Tinkerbell6593's Profile Photo

Skinny Tato: Tasty and quiet dining

by Tinkerbell6593 Written Jul 8, 2013

Favorite Dish: The borsht was delicate and delicious.

• Venus Sophia Tea Room & Vegetarian Eatery: High Tea for two...

by very_ordinary Written Apr 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our high tea at Venus Sophia. It is unpretentious and the decor is stunning. The waiters are happy and friendly. We ordered a tea for two which arrived on a three tier tray.There were scones, jams, cream, tea sandwiches, mini cheese quiche, tarts, cakes, shortbread ...so much going on, in a good way.
    The food was great and we ended up taking our whatever we could not finish for home for later.
    Must do this!

Joe's Seafood Bar: With a nice lookoff onto the Inner Harbour

by pieter_jan_v Written Oct 7, 2012

Joe's Seafood Bar claims to have the most affordable fish and chips in town.

Well, try it out and enjoy the lookoff view from one of the patio's.
    Be on time, because Joe closes at 6PM.

Daily: 11AM - 6PM

Favorite Dish: Seafood

Joe's Seafood Bar - Victoria BC

Fiamo: Great Italian Food

by pieter_jan_v Written Oct 7, 2012

Fiamo is nice Italian restaurant with a good kitchen. It's a bit upscale and the interior has some surprising layouts. It looks like it's a converted former warehouse and parts of the original building coincide with the new design.

It's a popular place, so in the season a reservations might be necessary.

The meals are of good quality.

There is a seperate bar, also nice to sit.

Mo-Th: 4PM - Midnight
    Sa: 4PM - 1AM
    Su: 4PM - Midnight

Fiamo Italian Restaurant - Victoria BC Fiamo Italian Restaurant - Victoria BC Fiamo Italian Restaurant - Victoria BC Fiamo Italian Restaurant - Victoria BC Fiamo business card

Shanghai City: Chinese Sea food and more

by pieter_jan_v Written Oct 1, 2012

The Shanghai City restaurant is housed at the first floor of a spacious building. Seating at the window was no problem at all and service was quick. I enjoyed several typical Chinese courses. Nothing special.

Business hours:
    Daily for lunch and dinner.

Shanghai City restaurant - Victoria BC Shanghai City restaurant - Menu

• Karlie85's Profile Photo

Waffles To Go: Belgian waffles at the Inner Harbour

by Karlie85 Updated Apr 4, 2011

My husband and I were taking a leisurely stroll to Fisherman’s Wharf from our hotel one Saturday afternoon, and passed by a little waffle stand at the Inner Harbour. After we passed it, the smell hit us, and it was fantastic. Since we were heading off for lunch, we decided to go back the next day to check it out. We were greeted by a very friendly, cute Belgian man and ordered one waffle ($3.50) to share – we had just had lunch. He had a few ready already, and he put it back on the waffle maker (I don’t know what they’re actually called!) and warmed it up for us. It was sweet and tasty, the perfect treat. The proprietor was so genuinely nice and talkative, chatting with us and the people who came after us. I discovered something I loved about this place even after I got home from my trip. I went online to see if Waffles To Go had a website, and he has a blog, started at the end of 2008, documenting his journey of starting up and running Waffles To Go. My favorite entry is titled “Trip to Belgium to study waffles”. Check it out!

Blog: http://wafflestogo.blogspot.com/

• Earl's: Skip the pizza

by PaperAirplanes Updated Apr 4, 2011

Earls seems like a sports bar for Walstreet folks or something that would be in Las Vegas. At first we were impressed, it seemed fancy and funky. Menu's served like fancy photo albums.

My mom and I stopped in for a small bite and decided to try one of their pizzas. We decided to try the Margarita because I am a vegetarian. I think it was supposed to be a thin crust brick oven pizza, and turned out to (taste as if) it were a frozen brick oven pizza reheated. We didnt like it at all, not worth the 10.50 (3 slices per person).

Waitresses seemed to be catty with each other and in a hurry.

We would never go back.

• Minka007's Profile Photo

Caffe d'Amore: Great for family or couple visit!

by Minka007 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I enjoyed everything!!!
    The owners of the restaurant are my friends' friends and I can assure you that it's worth going to have family dinner in non-smoking place with cosy atmosphere and wonderful service.

Favorite Dish: West Coast Seafood Medley $ 16.99

• Luciano's: Somewhat Average Italian

by Jetgirly Updated Apr 4, 2011

I visited Luciano's in May, 2006. It is located in what used to be Suze Lounge, and minimal renovations have been performed. The lower seating area now accomodates more diners but the dark wood, cool chandeliers and long bar still remain. When the sun goes down and the candles are lit, Luciano's atmosphere begins to surpass that of other restaurants in the area.

The menu is based around Italian favorites, adapated for fresh West Coast ingredients. Our meal began with a fantastic bread basket that had some of the best bread I've ever tasted in it. I shared two pasta dishes with my dining companion. We had a ravioli dish that was filled with either squash or pumpkin (I forget), served in a burnt butter sauce with roasted garlic cloves tossed on top. The dish was slightly disappointing in that it contained only three ravioli. The noodles were huge triangles (about four inches along each side) but had only slightly more filling than regular ravioli. I definitely would have liked to have had more squash/pumpkin. We also went with the four-cheese manicotti, a long tubular pasta stuffed with soft cheeses and covered in tomato sauce. Good, rich and not particularly memorable. The menu also features lots of appetizers and meat-based main courses.

The food was good, but nothing to write home about. Check it out for yourselves and see if Luciano's has grown into their menu by now!

• The Baja Grill: Best Mexican Food Ever

by victoriagirl Updated Apr 4, 2011

This cozy restaurant is hidden away, but is located in the cutest building. With a palm tree out front, a large heated patio, and kitchy decor, this restaurant is a great choice anytime of year. They have decent prices, good service, and LARGE portions (don't be afraid to wrap it up to go!!). Best Pizza in Victoria, but their burritos are always a good choice.

Favorite Dish: La Gumba - a huge plate full of shrimp jambalaya, very tasty!

The Bar, and the waitress

• Camosun College Interurban Cafeteria: Chef's Training = Cheap and Delicious!

by Jetgirly Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Camosun College Interurban Campus runs a Cooks Training Center, where students enroll in a program that lasts up to two years and teaches them how to make all sorts of amazing dishes. They operate on a break-even basis so meals are extremely cheap. Service is cafeteria-style, cash only and they are open for lunch daily from 11:30 to 1:30. Occasionally they offer dinner seatings, which are four-course meals for around $25.

Lunches range in price from $6.25 for vegetarian dishes to $7.95 for seafood and beef dishes, with chicken and pork usually somewhere in between. Each meal includes either three vegetable side dishes, or two veggies plus one starch. All meals come with free focaccia or whole-wheat or white rolls. There is also a large salad bar- if you would only like veggies (hot or cold) they will weigh your plate and charge you $1.20 per 100 grams. Desserts are great too, and I have heard rumours of creme brulée for sixty cents! Cold beverages are slightly overpriced, but can be purchased for about half the cafeteria price at the bookstore in Campus Center (and you are free to bring them into the cafeteria).

Camosun Interurban is a bit off the beaten path, especially for tourists, but I wanted to post this tip especially for people living in Victoria. The cafeteria is in the Helmut Huber Cooks Training Center. Parking on campus is $1.50 for four hours in the long-term parking lots, I'm not sure about short-term.

Favorite Dish: Well let's see...

Today I had curried vegetables, which included broccoli, carrots, celery, tomatoes and mushrooms in a light curry sauce. For my side dishes I had seasoned carrots, deep-fried cauliflower and potatoes pavée. I also had foccacia.

Other great dishes include the eggplant parmesan, and plates and plates of heaping veggies! In the veggie section, watch for all the cauliflower dishes, the roasted potatos, and also the tofu-veggie stir fry!

• Study Abroad

• glabah's Profile Photo

Royal BC Museum Café: Not the Tourist Trap You Might Expect

by glabah Written Feb 7, 2011

Most major tourist attractions come with an attached snack bar or restaurant that is very happy to take your money and provide less than full value in return.

This is NOT the case at the Royal British Columbia Museum Café, and in fact it seems to be quite popular with the local population as well as the tourist crowd.

The museum café has two computers set up on a back table for those who need an internet café, and based on the several people with laptops out I am also guessing that this place also has WiFi available.

Favorite Dish: Soup and Sandwich for $9.50 is not too bad a deal for downtown Victoria, especially in the tourist core, though I added quite a bit to that by tossing in a hot apple cider ($3.90 or so - but really it is January!) and reasonably good sized chocolate brownie ($3.25 or so).

I don't remember what the soup of the day was, but the sandwich I chose was their vegetarian.

Outside Entrance to Royal BC Museum Caf�� Interior of Royal BC Museum Caf�� Soup, Veggie Sandwich, Brownie and Cider Looking Towards Road from Museum Caf�� Entrance to Museum Caf�� from outside hidden alcove

Victoria Hotels

Latest: May 11, 2009
Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort And Spa

Instant Answers: Victoria

• Feb 12, 2013 at 1:44 AM

There is anther best African restaurant (Blue Nile )it should be on the list .

• Feb 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM

their is anther best African Restaurant ( Blue Nile ) it should be on the list.

Victoria Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Victoria locals.
Map of Victoria