Milestone's, Victoria

3 out of 5 stars 3 Stars - 5 Reviews

812 Wharf Street 250 381 2244

You can't beat that view!
    by Jefie
    View of Milestones' Harbour-View Patio
    by Jetgirly
  • Milestone's: don't go to this restaurant

by lotsamotsa Updated Apr 4, 2011

I worked for a Milestones restaurant for a total of one day. After that day and spending 200 dollars on auniform I was fired because the manage told me they decided I didn't fit the Milestones 'brand'. I have seven years serving experience, and these are the managers that had the previous day told me how valuable all the new staff were to the milestones team. The manager then inferred to me that basicly they hire a lot of people on for the summer and fire about half of them after the first couple of days. I am an excellent server and I would tell everyone I know not to lend their face to a 'brand' restaurant that treats their employees worse than garbage. I have yet to meet one Milestones Server who has told me Milestones is a good place to work. Do not support this restaurant!

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Milestone's: Forget the food, just go for the view!

by Jefie Updated Apr 4, 2011

You can't beat that view!

With over 30 restaurants across Canada, Milestone's is not exactly a special choice for a restaurant in Victoria, but its sunny patio located right on Inner Harbour makes it rather hard to resist! We were lucky enough to get a table right by the boardwalk that goes around Inner Harbour so we had a really good time watching people go by while sipping a mojito :o) As far as food goes, I wasn't really impressed. It was a bit pricey, and my spicy thai chicken drummettes were waaaaay too spicy for their (and my) own good - no amount of mayo could have subdued that taste! So all in all I'd say go for the view, the atmosphere and the drinks, but go have dinner elsewhere.

Favorite Dish: I'm gonna have to go with the blackberry mojito!

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Milestone's: Good Food, Good View, Slightly Expensive

by Jetgirly Updated Apr 4, 2011

View of Milestones' Harbour-View Patio

Milestone's is located beneath the Tourist Information Center in the Inner Harbour. Consequently, the views are spectactular and I'm pretty sure rent is astronomical. This means you get a good meal, a great view, and a big fat bill at the end!

Milestone's is a high-class family restaurant serving up "West Coast fusion" cuisine to the masses. A uniquely Canadian company, they are well-known for their great bellinis and other mixed cocktails! The menu has a lot of variety, with everything from pub-style favorites (burgers and fries) to exotic Thai salads to fresh local seafood. They also have a "seasonal" menu (which doesn't change very often).

My favorite dish is the vegetarian Thai noodle salad, which contains artichokes, mushrooms, carrots, avocado & papaya salsas and feta cheese on a bed of mixed greens and soba noodles. I usually can't restrain myself from ordering the criss-crossed french fries with lemon-gorgonzola sauce as an appetizer (I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about it).

Milestone's has a very similar menu to Moxie's (see my other tip), but the prices are about 15-20% higher. You're paying more for the fantastic views and super-convenient location... which are definitely worth it for a special night out in Victoria.

• Beer Tasting

• schmoopy's Profile Photo

Milestone's: View of the Inner Harbour

by schmoopy Updated Jul 8, 2003

Perhaps the best thing about Milestone's is that it flanks the Inner Harbour and offers a great view of the Legislature Building. A perfect place for a pint on a warm Victoria afternoon.

Favorite Dish: Only ever had appetizers - but they are really good and generous portions.

• VanIsle's Profile Photo

MileStones: MileStones

by VanIsle Written Aug 24, 2002

The prices are fairly reasonable but the Veiw more than makes up for the cost.
    It is situated right on the Harbour below the tourist info Building.
    Ask for a window seat and if full say you'll wait.
    They will give you a beeper and you can go for walk and when your table is ready they wll alert you.
    The views the Inner Harbour and the Parliment Buildings from the window tables are AWESOME especially
    in the evening.

Favorite Dish: Each time I eat here I have something different and it has always been very good.
    We love the Roasted Garlic and also theSpinach and Artichoke Dip

Instant Answers: Victoria

Comments

Hotels Near Milestone's
4.0 out of 5 stars