Perilklis, Victoria

Periklis
    by Jetgirly
  • Periklis: Best Greek in Town, Great for Vegetarians

by PaperAirplanes Written Aug 10, 2008

My mother had the Lamb Chops, paired with house Merlot. I had the vegetarian plate and Mytho's beer to drink.

We both greatly enjoyed our time and money spent at this restaurant. It's open pretty late and service is friendly, and is very relaxing and not in a rush. Servers know a lot about local area and are pretty chatty. Feel free to ask for what they reccomend, they wont let you down.

No complaints about this restaurant, except that I was served and ate too much :D

Favorite Dish: Vegetarian Plate: Greek salad, Spanakopita (1), tiropita(1), potato(1), rice, dolmades(2), steamed veggies. Its 17.50 and a great deal, I kept eating even though I had no room!

everything on my plate was fantastic, and had a lemony burst of flavor, including potatos. Tiropita's are good- cheesy and flaky. The Mytho's beer went perfectly.

My mom said her lamb chops, cooked medium- were best she's had. Her plate was served with rice, veggies and potato.

• PERIKLIS: Periklis The Most Professional Service In The City

by opinion_man Updated Oct 16, 2007

I have been going to Periklis for years now and the one thing that keeps bringing me back more than any other reason is the excellent, highly professional service that I recieve every time I visit. I dine out quite regularily... and Periklis hands down provides the best service I have ever had at any Victoria Restuarant in my entire life. As soon as you walk in the door you are treated like royalty and the waiters are the most prefessional and most experienced waiters I have ever had serve me. They treat you with the highest respect and their service is legitimate! They don't just treat you well because they want a large gratuity from you, They actualy treat you well because they want to and they recognize the important impression that it leaves on every single customer that dines at Periklis. There is one waiter in particular that needs to be given the best service award in the city, Yet I have never gotten his name. I highly recommend Periklis to anyone who wants excellent food in an authentic Greek atmosphere, and the best most personal service you will ever experience.

Favorite Dish: My Favaroite Dish From Periklis Is The Roast Lamb.

• Business Travel

• Periklis: Locals' Favorite Greek Restaurant

by Jetgirly Updated May 19, 2006

We recently dined at Periklis restaurant because it got extremely high ratings in a recent "Local's Favorite" survey in the Times-Colonist newspaper. Unfortunately, the Times-Colonist was also hosting a loud volunteer appreciation dinner that night, so our meal was constantly interrupted by loud door-prize announcements! We would have appreciated being told that the large party would be using microphones and speakers, but it didn't distract us from our meal too much.

As a vegetarian, I went with the vegetarian plate. This had a lot of food. Lemony potatoes, steamed vegetables, rice and Greek salad were served as accompaniments to the spanakopita (pastry with spinach) and tyropita (similar pastry filled with feta cheese), plus dolomades (stuffed grape leaves) in a lemon-egg sauce. The food was very good, but there was just too much for me! One person ate a gyro (pronounced euro), which seemed to be meat, veggies and sauce wrapped in pita bread and served with Greek salad. Someone else chose a mixed plate with kalamari, dolomades, Greek salad and other meaty-type things. The last diner had a plate that was half hummous and half tzatziki, with pita bread for dipping, plus a bowl of white-bean soup.

Everyone was satisfied with their dinner. The restaurant owner frequently comes from table to table to ensure everyone is enjoying their meal. This restaurant would be great for groups and families, because everyone can find something on the menu and nothing is seasoned in a super-spicy or unusual way.

The complete menu can be found online at the link below, along with contact information and a map.

Periklis