Pho Hoa, Victoria

by cinthya_in_victoria
  • cinthya_in_victoria's Profile Photo

Pho Hoa: Wanna Pho?

by cinthya_in_victoria Written Jul 9, 2008

The Vietnamese restaurant where I used to go every single Sunday. As I was trying to find different flavors in Victoria, a friend recommended me Pho Hoa. At the beginning I was wondering what to order but fortunately the menu has different choises for each taste. If you haven't had Pho before, ask for the dish number 2 which is the Phở Tái, Chín Nạcm it is a noodle soup with eye round steak and brisket: the raw steak is served in your plate and by adding the boiling soup, the steak is perfectly cooked by the time you have it in your table. It's not expensive and very tasty.

Favorite Dish: Dish number 2: Phở Tái, Chín Nạcm. I'm dying to eat that again..!

• suziezed's Profile Photo

Pho Hoa: Noodle soup - economical, tasty and fast

by suziezed Written Aug 27, 2004

This is the only outlet of the Pho Hoa franchise here in Victoria. The restaurant decor is certainly nothing to write home about but the food is hot, fast, filling and inexpensive.

Favorite Dish: The pho (pronounced feu, sort of the national dish of Vietnam) without meat is huge and inexpensive - a small bowl is $4.25 and the large - which is almost big enough to swim in - is $5.25. However vegetarians beware since I am pretty sure that the stock is NOT vegetarian (and hopefully the Indian gods will forgive me for not mentioning this to my Indian friend who was half way through his bowl when I arrived).

I had pho with chicken and it too was large, filling and tasty however both dishes lacked a bit in variety of vegetables. There were just some kind of greens in with the rice vermicelli and some chopped green onions. A bit of sliced carrot or some diced red peppers would have gone a long way to enhancing the appearance and interest of these dishes.

My pho was $7.25 for a small bowl and filled me up quite well. You also get tea on the house (like in Chinese restaurants).

Instant Answers: Victoria

Comments

Hotels Near Pho Hoa
4.0 out of 5 stars