Ric's Grill, Victoria

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Ric's Grill: Downtown Grill

by pieter_jan_v Written Oct 9, 2012
    Ric's Grill - Victoria BC

I haven't been to Ric's Grill yet, but I had a taste a its food. As a promotion small snacks were presented whilw I was walking up Government Street. It's promising.

So, when looking for a well prepared piece of meat, it's Ric's Grill.

Business hours:
    Mo-Th: 11:30AM - 9PM
    Fr: 11:30AM - 10PM
    Sa: 4:30PM - 10PM
    Su: 4:30PM - 9PM

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Ric's Grill: Nothing beats lobster & prawns!

by Carmanah Written Mar 10, 2008

My friend and I came here late on a Saturday night after attempting to get a table at the Bengal Lounge and at Milestones, and we were sick of the 45+ minute waits. We had initially looked at Ric's Grill menu online a few weeks before because we knew that we'd be in Victoria during their Dine Around Victoria event, and Ric's Grill had participating menus.

Ric's Grill is a modern, trendy, Canadian steak, seafood and chop chain restaurant with a diverse menu which can please anybody. It's a pretty large restaurant with a big lounge in the front and many booths in the back.

The restaurant was crazy busy when we visited. Every table was taken and the staff were running back and forth, bringing the wrong items to the wrong tables and basically making the most of their busy evening. What it meant for us was a longer than usual wait for the food and the occasional miscommunication. However, our waitress was delightful and despite being very busy, never made us felt pressured or rushed.

I'd definitely return back to Ric's Grill, but not on such a busy night.

Favorite Dish: I had their $35 "Dine Around Victoria" menu.

I had the calamari to start with, which was deep fried and seasoned with salt, pepper, and green onion. It was quite light and satisfied my craving.

I then had the lobster and prawns. It was served with melted garlic butter, steamed veggies (broccoli and peppers) and their famous stuffed potato (the insides mashed with cheese and baked).

For dessert I had their spiced gingerbread cake with toffee sauce and vanilla ice cream! It was spectacular!

Instant Answers: Victoria