Tapas Bar, Victoria

by Roadquill
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

The Tapas Bar Restaurant: Great wine and tasty food

by Roadquill Written Feb 6, 2010

Great food, mostly Spanish style, served as tapas in small portions, but reasonable prices for each portion. Good selection of wines by the glass and bottle to wash it down. Very busy, but we enjoyed sitting in the bar waiting.

• Hiking and Walking

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Tapa Bar: Come Share Some Tapas!

by Jetgirly Updated Jul 26, 2008

Bottomless Soup at The Tapa Bar

The Tapa Bar is located in Trounce Alley, a funky little alleyway that connects Government Street to Broad Street, between View and Yates. There is lots of intimate indoor seating, a few seats at the bar, and when the weather is warm it's always nice to sit on their patio.

The Tapa Bar serves a variety of internationally and locally inspired dishes, including both vegetarian and meat-based tapas and main dishes, pastas and pizzas. Between Monday and Saturday they also have bottomless bowls of soup for $6 at lunch. Wednesdays, all wines are priced at $5 above cost, and martinis are only $5 on Thursdays.

We like to order tapas and share them. Grilled carrots are a favorite, I like the roasted eggplant, chili potatos are great too. Some of the pasta dishes are good to share as well (but too rich for just one person). Meat-eaters will like anything with the spicy chorizo sausage.

For drinks, we'll drink any of their martinis (especially on Thursdays!), or share a pitcher of (red) sangria between two.

• Women's Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• Lady_Mystique's Profile Photo

The Tapa Bar: A COOL and TRENDY Place with Great Food !!!

by Lady_Mystique Updated Jun 25, 2006

The Tapa Bar (Business Card)

The kids took me here for Mother's Day Dinner.
    I loved it!!!

I always wanted to try Tapas....and I got treated to some great food here!!!

Everything was fresh and although it was busy, the service was relatively fast.
    Since this place is VERY popular, be prepared for a busy atmosphere...and always make a reservation!
    The music was really good and I noticed that the acoustics were so GOOD that it felt like we were listening to a live performance instead of taped music. :o)

There is a bar at one end of the restaurant... if you just want to pop in for a drink or two.

One warning to the ladies:
    If you're wearing high heels be careful while walking to the washrooms as the wooden floors are quite slick and you may slip and fall!!! :o(

Other than that, I would give this reastaurant 4 1/2 stars out of 5!!! :o)

Favorite Dish: I can't remember the names of the dishes I ate...but I do know they were deeeelicious!!!

• Singles