Wharfside Eatery, Victoria

• Wharfside Eatery (the water is off to the left)
    Wharfside Eatery (the water is off to...
    by Carmanah
  • darryl.wilson's Profile Photo

Wharfside Eatery: Ask for the Local Menu!

by darryl.wilson Written Apr 27, 2008

Want to get the best seafood in town at the best price? Victoria's restaurants can be a tourist trap simply by virtue of their location downtown. Prices are typically geared to the tourist market. But if you have a local accent and think that you can pass as a local Victorian, ask for the local menu. What you'll get for asking the hostess for that special menu is a deeply discounted menu with the same dishes but prices geared to locals. But don't let the secret out! It's just for us here on VirtualTourist.com! ..and of course, don't let them know that you're visiting the city! Remember that you're supposed to be a local!

.....give me an example?? Well, how about Alaskan King Crab Legs for $20, or a Steak and Two Lobster tails! You can also get a 3 course meal for $16.95 - now that's value that you can't beat! Calamari appetizer for as little as $5!

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish is definitely the steak and lobster!

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Wharfside Eatery: Victoria's touristy seafood restaurant

by Carmanah Updated Mar 10, 2008

Wharfside Eatery (the water is off to the left)

The Wharfside Eatery is a touristy seafood restaurant located along the waterfront in downtown Victoria. It's one of the few restaurants with a real waterfront deck and it's perfect for a lazy afternoon when you feel like sharing a bottle of wine, enjoying the view, and snacking on a few appetizers. This is really how I've experienced this restaurant.

Favorite Dish: When I first visited Wharfside Eatery, I shared this massive cornucopia (literally) of deep fried calarmari. It was absolutely massive. I also ordered their smoked salmon lox on a bagel served with red onion and capers. It too was massive and I couldn't finish it.

In 2005 I really enjoyed their spring rolls. I think I also ordered the calamari, and it was a fraction of the size it used to be four years before. Strangely, I don't order calamari that often, but it's often a satisfying appetizer.

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Wharfside Eatery: Great views from the terrace

by aqazi Written Oct 3, 2004

We came here once again thanks to our all inclusive deal at the Dominion but owing to renovations at Hunters we had coupon for the Wharfside. We made a reservation but still had to wait 15mins for a table. It turned out that we were waiting for a table to be free on the terrace which has great views of the harbour. The inside of the restaurant was pretty empty, people preferring the view. Food was fine, we have salmon which came with mash and veggies. We weren't eating meat and we felt other than fish and salad there wasn't much else to tempt us.

Favorite Dish: Best thing about the restaurant is the location and the view. Food comes second and while there wasn't anything wrong with it it didn't leave me excited to come back.

Instant Answers: Victoria