Whistler Nightlife

by Roadquill
  • Nightlife
    by Roadquill
  • Enjoy a casual fine dining experience at Kypriakis
    Enjoy a casual fine dining experience at...
    by whistler-bc

Most Recent Nightlife in Whistler

The Crab Shack: Rockin' good time

by Jyrki Updated Apr 4, 2011

The actually advertise themselves as a steakhouse and oyster bar but I never ate there so it gets put in the nightlife section. However they do advertise themselves as "High energu seafood experience"...whatever that means. The main feature is a live band "Whole Damn Country" that plays on Sundays, which is there big night (cheap wings and beer). There's also live music on wednesday's. There's a dance floor so you can get your jig on in front of the band. They play an assortment of unheard of (at least by my ears) cover tunes mixed in with their own stuff, which isn't very good to be honest. This place is best if nowhere else is open and you wanna grab a few wobbly pops and listen to some tunes...but I think they close pretty early (11ish).

Dress Code: Nada.

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Dubh Linn's: Apres

by Jmill42 Updated Apr 4, 2011

From their Webite

First things first! What I consider to be nightlife after every other activity is different from nightlife after a full day of snowboarding/skiing. I want... no, I'm lying, I NEED to sit down for the better part of the night. I want a place where the food is good and the beer and drinks flow easily. Dubh Linn's fit the bill every time. Also, I want a place with a lively feel to it, because otherwise I'd fall asleep. Dubh Linn's fit the bill every time. They had live Celtic music playing 2 out of the 3 nights we were there. This place just "felt" good to be in; real upbeat and energetic, but relaxed at the same time. And yes, you should get an Irish Car Bomb. A great apres drink in my opinon!

Dress Code: Just get those boots off and put on the shoes of your choice and come right on in. Like I said everyone smells as bad asa you do, so don't sweat it. (no pun intended)

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Cinnamon Bear Bar: Ap;res Ski

by Roadquill Written Jan 23, 2011

The Cinnamon Bear Bar in the Hilton attracts a young crowd and a collection of snowboards was a regular feature outside the bar. Pitchers of beer were on most tables. There two pool tables and a number of TV's with sports (usually hockey) on most of the time. The only downside is that the waitress had no clue what a B&B was (maybe I am too old for these places). They ultimately found some, but it appeared I got the remnant in the bottle and it was not poured in a snifter, just a whisky glass...ooops.

• Spa and Resort

• whistler-bc's Profile Photo

Whistler Village: Whistler Travel Guide

by whistler-bc Updated Mar 3, 2008
    Dance the night away at Buffalo Bills

Check out this great online travel guide for Whistler BC Canada resort.

Whistler Canada resort has something for everyone during any season. You can use the travel guide category links below to view companies located in Whistler BC Canada village and surrounding areas. There are over 500 listings in this travel guide which covers all of Whistler Blackcomb resort.

Dress Code: Wear anything that you want. Some people dress up a bit for the fancier annual events.

• Spa and Resort

• mandeeuk's Profile Photo

Dubh Linn Gate: Easy, Fun Night Out and Great Apres Ski Drinks

by mandeeuk Written Mar 20, 2006

Right at the base of Whistler is a great Irish pub. I went a few times while in Whistler and always found it very comfortable as well as fun. They had a couple of different live acts on while I was there, one of which was very good. The food was excellent as well. I went in on a couple of occasions by myself and found it really easy to chat to other people, although it's like that in most of Whistler. You rarely spend five minutes on your own as everyone is so friendly.

Dress Code: casual, lots of people go there straight off the slopes

Dubhlinn Gate: Irish Pub

by RickinDutch Written Oct 21, 2005

This was the first stop on our mini-pub crawl. Was about 11 PM on a week night in October. Very quiet when we got there, with about 7 other people there. A great chance to have some decent conversation with some real Canadians. Sorry, didn't run into any Irish.

Guiness on tap wasn't bad for this far west.

Bartender said the place really gets packed during ski season.

Dress Code: None

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Tommy Africas: Most Popular Night Spot?

by RickinDutch Written Oct 20, 2005

I realize it was the off season, but on our brief pub crawl (only 3), it was here we found the most people and all seemed to be having a grand time.
    Dance floor was packed and the manager was telling us the line to get in during ski season is over a 100 every night.

Dress Code: None that I saw.

Merlins: Only Pub for Locals in Upper Village

by RickinDutch Written Oct 20, 2005

Merlins

I asked several locals where they go for fun and frolic. They all included Merlins on their short list. We went there one night and discovered it closed until a few days after we were leaving. Peaked in the windows. Looked like a good sized spot and with high ceilings and windows. Already had a list posted of musical acts coming.

• DrexelDragon's Profile Photo

Bars/clubs in the village area: 2am Kung Fu

by DrexelDragon Written Nov 19, 2004

Brad thinks my hangover is funny.

Since we were there early season, it wasn't quite as "JUMP OFF" as I'm sure it gets. So, I can't be too scathing in my remarks.

We went to several places and just enjoyed being out. Anywhere you go, you're bound to have a good scene and have it be fairly lively.

I will make certain comments about some places though. The Dubb Linn Gate Irish Pub serves dinner, but it's a good place to spend your nite. So that means, if you're not going to eat there, you need to get there earlier than you normally would to get a place to sit down. Second, if you go to the Savage Beagle (cool place), and you see a guy who appears to be playing 52 card pickup with his credit cards...just make sure he leaves with his cards. The Longhorn is the place to be for apres-ski. Sit outside and people watch; it's a good time. Tommy Africa's is a much heralded club of Whistler, but I have to say that I was not the least bit impressed. Maybe combined with the early season and it being an off night or something, but it was like the place every teenager was going. We didn't bother going in. One other thing, if you're walking home from the bar post 2am, watch out for the Kung Fu masters around the little creek bridge.

Dress Code: Dress up, dress down...you're there to ski and everyone realizes it.

• Singles

Tommy Africa's: Go-Go Girls in cages

by Jyrki Written Sep 1, 2003

A Bra-bitin' good time at Tommy's

If that tip title doesn't grab you what will? Tommy's is a little smaller than Garf's and definately more geared towards dancing. They have a makeshift stage (painted wooden boxes) and two cages that, on busy nights, will have two synchronized, scantilly clad go-go dancers within. When not in use by the go-gos they are free for you to make a fool of yourself. Tommy's has a "two-level" dance floor, with one level varying from the other by maybe a couple of feet. Guest DJs spin often (DJ czech on sundays...apprently he's big) and the music is mostly house but with funk, soul, hip hop, and 80's thrown in on fridays and saturdays. Definately a fun place if your legs aren't tired enough to dance after a day on the slopes!

Dress Code: No dress code here either.

Garfinkel's: Beer and Muff

by Jyrki Written Sep 1, 2003

My favourite band...name

Garf's is one of the more popular night spots in Whistler. Live Music or a DJ spinning out favourites (hip hop and dance on fridays, top 40/80's on saturday) It's Whistler's "biggest nightclub" but still small by big city terms. It is sometimes closed on Sunday (well once for sure...I know). Cover is somewhat expensive $7-10 and the drinks are moderately priced ($4.50 for a beer). The highlight for me was definately seeing my favourite band (sense the sarcasm) Big Muff play last time I visited. On a sunday we were told we had to pay $8 cover because of a band playing...when we saw they were called "Big Muff" we couldn't refuse, plus they gave each of us a free CD with all their fan favourites including "Dancewhore" and "Shut up and Dance"...needless to say it hasn't left my CD player.

Dress Code: Take off your boots and snowboard pants...hell they'd probaby let you in if you leave them on.

• realde14's Profile Photo

Garfinkel's: Check out the Hairfarmers - Best live band in BC!!

by realde14 Written Aug 31, 2003
    The hairfarmers

This is probably the funnest live band that I have seen in a very long time! They kept on playing for hours and hours, only stopping for the occasional beer break, and had everybody up on their feet..

They played at Garfinkel's, one of Whistler's happy hour and apres-ski spots as well as other venues such as the Merlins in Blackcomb.

• Music

• s_odyssey's Profile Photo

La Citta: La Citta

by s_odyssey Updated Nov 13, 2002

La Citta, Whistler Village

This place was my favorite during my stay in Whistler.
    I did not usually feel like going out for large ones especially when I was looking forward to the early runs on the slopes.
    There are two floors where the top one has the most attractions; a pool table and two very comfortable leather couches. You have to be smart and quick about it, they are the first places to go!
    Try their warm spicy wine concoction (Cinnamon Cider), it is so tasty! They also have a terrasse outside under the famous propane heaters making it a delight to watch the snowfall. Whistler village is just gorgeous, its completely lit up, so take every chance you have to sit back and watch it alive.

• s_odyssey's Profile Photo

Moe Joe's: Moe Joe's

by s_odyssey Updated Nov 13, 2002

Moe Joe's, Whistler Village

It's a great place to unwind if you still have any energy left after a day of skiing. I was only able to make my way there the first night and the people were very animated! It is known for its live bands. They have a fool's ball table and comfortable booths to sit on along the walls.
    Do remember that smoking is not allowed, so you may want to keep a warm sweater with you if you are planing to head out for a fag during the course of the evening. However, they do have propane heaters set up just about everywhere and the temperatures are pretty mild.

Dress Code: Thermal underwear if you really want to make an entrance, really, wear what you feel comfortable in.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Amsterdam Pub: Inside /Outside

by Roadquill Updated Jan 23, 2011

The Amsterdam Pub always seemed to be filled with a young crowd enjoying the evening festivities, both on the inside and outside.

Instant Answers: Whistler

Comments

Whistler Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Whistler nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Whistler sightseeing.