Whistler Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Roadquill

Most Recent Restaurants in Whistler

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Crab Shack: Nice, but not the best thing since sliced bad

by aqazi Written May 7, 2006

We'd heard about the crab shack from freinds in Vancouver so we expecting great things. The menu had lots of things to get excited about and we went for the oyesters for starters and then we all had our own entres. There are 11 oyesters on the menu but at the time we were there only 2 were available! They were good however. The entres were all fine but we could quite understand what our friends were ravign about. Perhaps we just didn't order the right things. Anyway there's nothing wrong with the crabshack, it serve fresh sea food and does that prtty well. It doesn't however raise the bar and didn't leave me feeling like I had to go back with any urgency.

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Araxi: Probably the best restaunt in Whistler

by aqazi Written Apr 29, 2006

We decided to treat ourselves and we chose exactly the right place. This restaurant is excellent and has a pricetag to match. The menu is made up of local ingredients and the qualty is truly outstanding which makes this not only the best restaurant in town but perhaps one of the best outside of Vancouver. Service is great and the place is well located.

Favorite Dish: We went for the seafood tower which we shared between 4 of us. Deserts were great so make room!

• mandeeuk's Profile Photo

Citta: Perfect Chilled Out Atmosphere

by mandeeuk Written Mar 20, 2006

This restaurant/bar was the first place we went to in Whistler and it really started the trip off perfectly. It has an upstairs eating area and a downstairs bar and outdoor patio. The food is excellent; good mix of pub food and really good pitchers of beer. It was snowing outside but the patio was still very busy with lots of heaters and a great atmosphere. The bar staff were super friendly and make a point of introducing themselves. Very good jukebox as well.

• Wild Wood Bistro & Bar: Casual Locals Dining

by highermountain Written Jan 13, 2006

This place is the locals spot for breakfast, lunch or dinner. 6 kinds of eggs benny and banana bread french toast. Voted best breakfast by locals 3 years in a row. As for dinner it has everything...great steaks, ribs, chicken, pastas, salmon, halibut, u name it. Biggest kids menu in Whistler. Voted best value for dinner by locals poll. Check out winners as voted by locals at www.piquenewsmagazine.com

this place is lined up daily for breakfast and lunch so be patient...these servers work their butts off!

Favorite Dish: Sampler Benny...choose 3 different bennies...I like crab, smoked salmon and the natural (avocado & tomato)...

• Elements Urban Tapas Parlour: Best in Town

by highermountain Written Jan 13, 2006

Great locally inspired tapas, infused martinis, boutique wines. Upscale atmosphere with open concept show kitchen. Kitchen open till 12;30AM. Voted best new restaurant by whistler locals readers poll in pique newsmagazine...

• Singles
    • Wine Tasting

• ejvigil's Profile Photo

Black's Dining Room: Fuel for the day

by ejvigil Written Jan 5, 2006

menu

Sitting just on the bottom of Blackcomb and Whistler mountains before you ride up the gondolas. Food is reasonably priced and pretty good. Fast service and everyone was nice!

Great place to go if you are looking for somewhere close to the lifts!!!

Favorite Dish: basic egg breakfast was yummy!!! great toast!!!!!!!!!

• jhorsfield30's Profile Photo

THE KEG: Great seafood and grill combo

by jhorsfield30 Written Oct 22, 2005

How can you go wrong with the Keg? Famous for its steaks, The Keg serves up supreme dishes that are bound to satisfy the hunger after a long day on the mountain skiing, snowboarding or mountain biking.

Quite nice garlic bread and easy access from the street. I found it quite pleasant decor and quiet during my visit.

Above average prices and the food is well presented and good indoor theming throughout.
    Reasonable portions and staff was friendly.
    Easily located in the Village, the Keg is also a great place to take the kids.

Favorite Dish: Seafood

• Luxury Travel
    • Singles

• Saagar's Profile Photo

Caramba!: Good Italian food with your feet up

by Saagar Written Jul 17, 2005

This was a good Italian restaurnat in town. Perfect for an unpretentious meal when the stomach rumbles.

Favorite Dish: I tried Fettuccine Natasha - fresh salmon in fettucini with a pepper- vodka-tomato-cream sauce. Looked tiny on my plate but proved to be a mighty heap.
    If something else, I would have gone for the day's special lunch - any fish they way they made it here on an open sandwich with a salad tossed in and with today's soup. Seemed great over my neighbour's shoulder.

Voted "best pasta" by Ski Canada magazine. That should say someting.

• unigirl's Profile Photo

Nester's Market: On a shoestring...sort of....

by unigirl Written Jun 23, 2005

The restaurants are really very expensive in Whistler. The only reason I dined out when I went last year was because my friend works for the Fairmount chain of hotels and we got a discount! I suppose one night out is ok, but any more than that and you'll be breaking the bank. So, when I went to Whistler this spring, I visited Nester's Market and got food there!

Favorite Dish: Nester's has a wide variety of pre-made and other fresh food. The prices are reasonable and the quality is much better than the supermarket in the village. I like their deli items, fresh breads and produce selection. If you're really lazy you can get them to deliver your stuff for $25 - probably still cheaper than eating out!

• DrexelDragon's Profile Photo

Visited several that I can't remember: Can't go wrong...

by DrexelDragon Written Nov 19, 2004
    No matter how hungry...THINK SNOW!

The hotel room we had allowed us to cook a couple times while we were there. So, we only ended up going out to eat dinner 2-3 times. We didn't go wrong except for once. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but it's a steak house that is located on the second floor. It must have taken over an hour for our food to arrive, and it wasn't as if the restaurant was overflowing with customers. Then another nite, we ate at a French like pub. It was good food. Good atmosphere, but I remember that it was pretty cramped. So, I'd say for the most part that anywhere you go to eat is going to be an enjoyable meal.

• Spa and Resort
    • Adventure Travel

• RickL's Profile Photo

Spaghetti Factory: lotsa pasta

by RickL Written Oct 21, 2004
    Somewhere in the Village

This is one of the cheapest restaurants in Whistler. There are some take-out options but this is the best deal for a sit-in and be served venue. Being a family now we have to watch our pennies and everyone found something on the menu they liked. All entrees include soup or salad, bread, coffee or tea and ice cream.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the chicken parmesan but ther est of the family likes the lasagna.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

ARAXI RESTAURANT & BAR: The finest restaurant in Whistler

by travelgourmet Updated Aug 5, 2004

Ready to open

Full of people who have been here before, as well as newcomers, all in eager anticipation of a delicious gourmet delite. The ambience is charged energy, and rightly so, as everyone has been skiing, hiking, or just ready to relax and party.

Favorite Dish: While in the British Columbia area, and at the Araxi, it is hard to beat the wild salmon for dinner. The flavor of the fish is so fresh and tasty, and cooked to perfection.

• The Duhb Linn Gate: The greatest Apres Ski

by traveler326157 Written Apr 23, 2004

What do you look forward to more? The first run of the day on fresh powder OR the last run of the day, heading down the hill towards a nice cold beer? The Dubh Linn Gate is THE place to go for Apres Ski. Right at the bottom of the Whistler Gondola and at the entrance to the VIllage. You might have to wait a bit for your beer cause it's so busy but just relax and enjoy the atmosphere...

Favorite Dish: Strongbow Cider!!!

• School Holidays

• hartmany's Profile Photo

Longhorn Saloon: You can't miss it

by hartmany Written Dec 16, 2003

Perfectly located smack in the middle of the Blackcomb and Whistler gondolas. Convenient and fast for the mid-day lunch break. Indoor and outseating (to watch all the skiers come off the mountain). Everything you'd want in a pub - TVs, pool tables, video games, dart boards, friendly staff. The food is only average, but the ambience is laid back and comfortable.

• hartmany's Profile Photo

Sushi Village: Go for sushi

by hartmany Written Dec 16, 2003

It's my own fault. This place is said to have great sushi, so why did I get the teriyaki? None in my party got sushi, and that was a mistake. The cooked entrees are only average. This second floor Japanese restaurant has no view, so the draw has to be the sushi.

Instant Answers: Whistler

Comments

Whistler Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Whistler restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Whistler sightseeing.