Whistler Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Whistler

• Jyrki's Profile Photo

The Keg: Nice enough...not too pricy

by Jyrki Written Sep 2, 2003

The Keg is a steakhouse chain in B.C. (maybe Canada I don't actually know). The one at Whistler is especially nice and is priced the same as the restaurants in Van. It is quite a large restaurant but Whistler is a busy place so try to make reservations or go for a late dinner. They do tend to run of out things if you go too late though!

Favorite Dish: I had the large prime rib when I was there and loved it. The price wasn't even that bad at $22.95 for good hunk of meat that was oh so juicy.

• Jyrki's Profile Photo

Old Spaghetti Factory: Best value!

by Jyrki Written Sep 2, 2003

So full that our gum is popping out

Definately the best deal for how much food you get! Soup or Salad, bread, entree and spumoni (Italian ice cream) are all included in the menu price for each entree.

This place is great for a morning after a hard night on the town (I should know). You can stop in and refuel all the much needed nutrients you pissed away the night before.

They have an old-fashioned scale at the front of the restaurant weigh yourself before and after...see who can put on the most weight. From our crew the winner put on a whopping 4 pounds...in one sitting remember.

Favorite Dish: All the pasta dishes are great. I had baked seafood fetucini or something and i liked it. Just be sure not to fill up on bread too much and don't forget to save room for ice cream!

• ejvigil's Profile Photo

Black's Dining Room: Fuel for the day

by ejvigil Written Jan 5, 2006

menu

Sitting just on the bottom of Blackcomb and Whistler mountains before you ride up the gondolas. Food is reasonably priced and pretty good. Fast service and everyone was nice!

Great place to go if you are looking for somewhere close to the lifts!!!

Favorite Dish: basic egg breakfast was yummy!!! great toast!!!!!!!!!

• Albernfrau's Profile Photo

Southside Diner

by Albernfrau Written Jul 3, 2006

Want the best burger, mac & cheese and milkshake of your life?!!! Well go here. This place is fabulous. I first went at least 5 years ago for breakfast. When we went back this time we went for a milkshake first which was delicious and served in the metal container. We then came for lunch. I had the mac & cheese and it was the best ever and talk about a large serving. My Hubby had the burger and fries and swears it was the best burger ever. We overheard others saying the same things about their meals. Great service too. Dogs allowed on outside patio.

• Albernfrau's Profile Photo

Mogul's Coffee

by Albernfrau Updated Jul 3, 2006

The best thing about this place is their fruit smoothies! Real fruit smoothies $5 each. Then sit at a table and watch the action in Whistler Square. They also have coffee, muffins, cinnamon buns, sandwiches, etc.

• Wild Wood Bistro & Bar: Casual Locals Dining

by highermountain Written Jan 13, 2006

This place is the locals spot for breakfast, lunch or dinner. 6 kinds of eggs benny and banana bread french toast. Voted best breakfast by locals 3 years in a row. As for dinner it has everything...great steaks, ribs, chicken, pastas, salmon, halibut, u name it. Biggest kids menu in Whistler. Voted best value for dinner by locals poll. Check out winners as voted by locals at www.piquenewsmagazine.com

this place is lined up daily for breakfast and lunch so be patient...these servers work their butts off!

Favorite Dish: Sampler Benny...choose 3 different bennies...I like crab, smoked salmon and the natural (avocado & tomato)...

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Apres: Now the food is as good as the skiing

by aqazi Written Mar 15, 2009

We weren't sure where to eat out during the first week of the skiing season. Thing were slow in the village and most restaurants had special menus to drum up trade. On the way to the supermarket to buy some milk (I have to have my tea int he morning!) I stumbled upon this restaurant I'd never noticed before. The menu looked very apertising and the price was very good...so once we'd dropped off the milk in the hotel we went back to get some food. Thing must have been really slow because we were the seoncond group of diners and it was already 7am. By the time we left and around 8.45pm another group had arrived. I think it was just a very quiet time of the year since not all the slopes were open but the food was fantastic....very very nice. Given how quiet it was thankfully the waiting staff weren't all over us but I did want to stop them describing each course in so much detail as it seems so uneccessary. The wine list is good but really the food shone and we would hesitate paying a second visit next time we're up.....(and they have a specially priced set menu!)

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Roundhouse Lodge: Eat at the top of Whistler Mountain

by Carmanah Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you take the Whistler Gondola to the top of the mountain, you end up at the Roundhouse Lodge. This is a large building with a gift shop, public washrooms, a coffee shop/bar, a sit-down restaurant, and a cafeteria. In the summer, they offer an outdoor BBQ dinner.

Although the cafeteria is not fine dining, there's a decent selection of foods to choose from: made-to-order burgers, pulled pork sandwiches, deli sandwiches, salads, vegetarian meals, pizza, hot dogs, and such. The eating area is communal with large tables. When it's nice outside, they have picnic tables set up overlooking the most beautiful view you'll ever see.

Favorite Dish: I had their pulled-pork sandwich with fries and coleslaw - perfect hearty food on a cold summer day.

• Elements Urban Tapas Parlour: Best in Town

by highermountain Written Jan 13, 2006

Great locally inspired tapas, infused martinis, boutique wines. Upscale atmosphere with open concept show kitchen. Kitchen open till 12;30AM. Voted best new restaurant by whistler locals readers poll in pique newsmagazine...

• Singles
    • Wine Tasting

• jhorsfield30's Profile Photo

THE KEG: Great seafood and grill combo

by jhorsfield30 Written Oct 22, 2005

How can you go wrong with the Keg? Famous for its steaks, The Keg serves up supreme dishes that are bound to satisfy the hunger after a long day on the mountain skiing, snowboarding or mountain biking.

Quite nice garlic bread and easy access from the street. I found it quite pleasant decor and quiet during my visit.

Above average prices and the food is well presented and good indoor theming throughout.
    Reasonable portions and staff was friendly.
    Easily located in the Village, the Keg is also a great place to take the kids.

Favorite Dish: Seafood

• Luxury Travel
    • Singles

• unigirl's Profile Photo

Nester's Market: On a shoestring...sort of....

by unigirl Written Jun 23, 2005

The restaurants are really very expensive in Whistler. The only reason I dined out when I went last year was because my friend works for the Fairmount chain of hotels and we got a discount! I suppose one night out is ok, but any more than that and you'll be breaking the bank. So, when I went to Whistler this spring, I visited Nester's Market and got food there!

Favorite Dish: Nester's has a wide variety of pre-made and other fresh food. The prices are reasonable and the quality is much better than the supermarket in the village. I like their deli items, fresh breads and produce selection. If you're really lazy you can get them to deliver your stuff for $25 - probably still cheaper than eating out!

• Saagar's Profile Photo

Caramba!: Good Italian food with your feet up

by Saagar Written Jul 17, 2005

This was a good Italian restaurnat in town. Perfect for an unpretentious meal when the stomach rumbles.

Favorite Dish: I tried Fettuccine Natasha - fresh salmon in fettucini with a pepper- vodka-tomato-cream sauce. Looked tiny on my plate but proved to be a mighty heap.
    If something else, I would have gone for the day's special lunch - any fish they way they made it here on an open sandwich with a salad tossed in and with today's soup. Seemed great over my neighbour's shoulder.

Voted "best pasta" by Ski Canada magazine. That should say someting.

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Val d'Isere: tres bien

by aqazi Updated Apr 4, 2011

pic of their patio from their website

There are many good restaurants in Whistler and we went to the Val d'isere. The food is french mainly coming from the alsace region around Strasbourg. The quality was very high and the wine list was excellent especially if you like Reisling. Prices were about average but not cheap though they had a summer offer which let you have three courses for $36 which was excellent value. The desert menu was very good. This is a great place if you love french food, as we've been to the alcase region of france we were happy to see our regional favourites on the menu like salmon tartar yummm

• The Duhb Linn Gate: The greatest Apres Ski

by traveler326157 Written Apr 23, 2004

What do you look forward to more? The first run of the day on fresh powder OR the last run of the day, heading down the hill towards a nice cold beer? The Dubh Linn Gate is THE place to go for Apres Ski. Right at the bottom of the Whistler Gondola and at the entrance to the VIllage. You might have to wait a bit for your beer cause it's so busy but just relax and enjoy the atmosphere...

Favorite Dish: Strongbow Cider!!!

• School Holidays

• realde14's Profile Photo

Mongolie Grill: Mongolian feast

by realde14 Written Aug 31, 2003

In this place, you choose your own ingredients of meats, seafood, vegetables, and sauces and hand it over to cook, who will prepare your food right in front of you.

Everything is very frech and extremely tasty.

You pay by the weight.

Instant Answers: Whistler

Comments

Whistler Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Whistler restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Whistler sightseeing.