Whistler Sports & Outdoors

by Vea

Best Rated Sports & Outdoors in Whistler

• Whistler Golf Club

by peach93 Updated Jul 26, 2004

Let me first just take this opportunity to apologize to the fine people at the Whistler Golf Club for all of the huge divots I made in their lovely grass. Yes, you can already tell by that last sentence that I am not a golfer and so you may ask, what was she doing at this gorgeous, Arnold Palmer designed golf course, backing up tee times for hours on end? The answer: I had no choice. But the truth is that even though I am not such a good golfer I had a blast (the cart was way cool.) And the views from this place were second to none. And hey, if you ARE a golfer I bet you'll think it's even cooler than I did.

Equipment: Well, I didn't have any, so I was given some rentals. (I used the 8 iron for everything because I thought it was the coolest one in the bag. Shhhh.)

Proof that you should try everything once!
    • Business Travel
    • Golf

• Mountain Biking

by peach93 Written Jul 15, 2004

When I was in Whistler I signed up to go mountain biking with a couple of women from our group. Now mind you I had not been on a bike since I was 12 or something, but I am not the type of person to let a minor detail such as that stop me.

Well, as it turns out I thought I was going to DIE after 13 miles up and down various mountains and did end up having one major downhill wipeout, but what the hell. Now I can say that I did it.

There are TONS of bike rental shops in Whistler, but if you are not familair with the mountains I recommend paying extra for a guide. At the very least get a trail map. It's easy to get lost and a guide will show all the cool spots and wildlife. There is a list of rental shops on the website below.

Equipment: You need a helmet and and pads in addition to the bike. Water is a good idea, too.

I rode up this road!
    • Cycling

• Tiffycait's Profile Photo

snowboarding down hill...

by Tiffycait Written Nov 21, 2003

the hills are alive! beautiful senery.

when you are going down hill, make sure you know where you are going! on my way down, i got lost, and ended up walking 30 min back to my starting pt...

Equipment: bring your own equip ment, the rental isnot very bad, but you save money if you have your own.

• jujub's Profile Photo

Terrain for everyone

by jujub Updated Aug 17, 2004

Whistler/Blackcomb has lots of terrain for all different levels. We spent a week there, and were not able to cover even half of these colossal mountains and their trails.

People have different opinions about which mountain is better, but we just tried to follow the sun. Some areas have deep powder up to your knees and no one around... if you are not used to it, it makes you wonder: where is everyone? ;)

• carlosx's Profile Photo

Whistler Blackcomb

by carlosx Written Oct 16, 2004

Whistler Blackcomb is one of the worlds best mountain resorts. It offers up a huge variety of terrain and a tonne of snow. This mountain is a must if you are in the area and enjoy skiing or snowboarding.
    Halfpipe? Yes - A few including a fullsized super pipe
    Snowboard Park? Yes - Some say the best in the world.

• Skiing and Boarding

Instant Answers: Whistler

Comments

Whistler Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Whistler sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Whistler sightseeing.