Whistler Things to Do

Best Rated Things to Do in Whistler

• JohnnyUtah69's Profile Photo

Snowmobile a Glacier by Helicopter

by JohnnyUtah69 Written Apr 2, 2007

If you like to snowmobile in the powder snow on a big mountain then look at this thing to do in Whistler. It's called Whistler Heli Sledder. This activity provider will transfer you to the top of the mountain by helicopter where your snowmobiles are waiting. Rip ont eh glacier like nothing else matters in the world. It's truly and incredible thing to do in Whistler.

Operation runs until July 31st! Snowmobiling during summer!! Yes we do that here in Whistler. Then we go get a tan.

Check out a video of what it's like at this link:

Enjoy!

• Luxury Travel
    • Adventure Travel
    • Motorcycle

Biking

by Chip_Master Written Oct 9, 2006

IN the summer biking is the thing. If you are a daredevil you can't beat the downhill course they put togather. If you are into leisure biking the valley bike routes are beautiful yet fun for the kids. Bring a picnic lunch and you can fill a couple days with biking.

Can't bring a bike, have no fear, they rent it all here, even the body amour to protect you on your mountain decents!

Tree Trekking

by Chip_Master Written Oct 9, 2006

I was skeptical this would be fun. The wife signed us up and it turned out to be a blast. Like all the other tours they provide everything including transportation to and from the village.

Since my kids were young we didn't do the full zip adventure sliding back and forth thru the trees. We treked 80-150ft above the valley in some great old growth trees between Whistler and Blackcomb. Watching the zippers looked like a blast. They got 4 rides across the valley going way to fast.. Too bad my boys weren't up for it.

Swimming/IceSkating

by Chip_Master Updated Oct 5, 2006

Meadow Park is a community rec facility about 15' outside of the upper village. There is a huge swimming pool with some additional kids play area with a fountains and other things to entertain the small ones. Makes for a great afternoon to do some ice skating followed by a couple hours of water fun. A great ski break day.

• Water Sports

Sleigh Ride

by Chip_Master Written Oct 5, 2006

This was a packaged evening sleigh ride / dinner package.

Shuttle picks you up for an evening sleigh ride that takes you to a hut for some hot chocolate and entertainment. Afterwards our package included a dinner at the Bavaria Resturant.

Sleigh ride and entertainment were umm how should I say okay. Not spectacular not oversold. Its a sleigh ride with no special scenary beyond the mountain. After having skied from the top how can a middle mountain view impress.

What was great was we got introduced to Bavaria. Now we make it a point to eat here every time we visit.

Snow mobiling

by Chip_Master Written Oct 5, 2006

Its another one of the heavily advertised activities. A good family break activity from skiing. I think the people doing this was Mountain Adventures.

Like all the advertised activities they pick you up from your hotel and take you for a 30' bus ride to the site. They provide gloves, boots, helmet and take you on the advertised length ride.

We paid extra for the opportunity for our boys to ride the mini snow mobile. This is an overpriced photo op. The kids get like two or three rounds on a fixed course. The snow mobile goes real slow ( or should I say too slow to be "fun") Not surprising giving the concern with law suites and things. I guess if you must have a picture of your child riding or he is clamoring to try they you gotta to it. But afterwards you'll be saying I paid what for that!

The overall guides were great as was the ride into the mountains. There was nothing special about the views nor the route. Just a snowmobile ride... but dollar for dollar okay except for the kids snowmobile thing.

• spadooks's Profile Photo

Ski haven

by spadooks Written Feb 14, 2006

For me, this is one of themost beautiful places in the whole world!!!
    I have been to this place twice already and Im looking forward to a 3rd, 4th, 100th time!!!
    Whistler is a christmas village - everything you see in a snow-filled christmas movie - remember ths gremlins?
    Lot's of stuff to do. Go up the Gondola, take the cable car to the topmost peak. You can ski or just simply stroll (if you can't ski). The cable car going down is breath-taking and the sight is just marvelous. There are lots of souveneir shops and restaurants in the village. A wide choice of hotels too. The natives are quite friendly.
    Highly recommended!

• mandeeuk's Profile Photo

Yoga

by mandeeuk Written Mar 20, 2006

If you are looking to pick up a yoga class while in Whistler, I'd definitely recommend the Solarice Wellness Centre right at the entrance to the main village. The instructor was very interactive and it was a good class size, not too busy. Plus, the studio is upstairs and has great views and lots of windows. You can pay on a per class basis or buy a group of classes at once.

• Spa and Resort

• jhorsfield30's Profile Photo

SUPPORT LOCAL TRANSPORT

by jhorsfield30 Written Oct 22, 2005

Whilst visiting whistler, I was surprised by local events arranged by newspapers and radio stations in co-operation with local community.

Events to support the use of public transport, a barbique event at the gonzala at the top of whistler village, the hotdogs were well recieved by all on a partiuculary nice day in early oct, and even though they had then been the last day of events. I put my name down and enjoyed the local cuisine over a portable camper.

• Singles
    • National/State Park
    • Eco-Tourism

• wiu_steve's Profile Photo

Whistler & Blackcomb Mountain

by wiu_steve Updated Dec 8, 2005

Even if you do not ski, you simply must take a ride in the gondolas up each of the mountains. For CAN$25 each, you can buy a sightseeing ticket to the Roundhouse Lodge on Whistler mountain which is just about at elevation 6,000ft. The ride is about 15-20 minutes up to the top. The views once you get there are amazing. Your ticket is valid for 1 day and can also be used to ride the gondola on Blackcomb mountain. During the summer months you can enjoy hiking on the mountains with the same breathtaking views.

Riding down the gondola at Whistler Mountain
    • Hiking and Walking

• Adrijana15's Profile Photo

Take the gondola up the mountain during the summer

by Adrijana15 Written Apr 12, 2005

During the summer months, starting from $25 you can take the gondola up the mountain to do some alpine hiking and/or biking. It is wonderful! very scenic and if you're lucky the locals will take you on a tour to see the bears! Don't forget to bring some warm clothes-it gets chilly up their!!

Marko on the gondola-don't be deceived he's scared

• Independent_Traveler's Profile Photo

skiing

by Independent_Traveler Written Apr 13, 2005

I was looking for a beginners slope. I am a novice, skiiing once every three years. So, every three years, I am a beginner.

I am used to the "bunny hills" in some ski resorts in Southern Caliofrnia. So when we went to Whistler and took a gondola for the beginner's slope, I was a bit concerned when after several minutes, we were still on the gondola without any sight of where to unload.

It was a long way down for a gently sloping beginner's slope. It made my knees really tired. But it was a great ride.

Just to review my turns again, I enrolled in a ski class. My ski instructor is a young lady from Australia, who goes from country to country to teach skiing.

What a lucky girl, to see the world by using what she likes doing most - skiing.

Check out the featured deals and packages.

• Pat&ZoAnn's Profile Photo

Bear tours

by Pat&ZoAnn Updated Nov 11, 2003

This is the reason we came to Whistler. Our guide was renowned bear expert Michael Allen.

We started at the base of Whistler Mountain just before daybreak, and the guide took us up both Whistler and Blackcomb to areas he knew bears would be feeding. Unfortunately, the bears had mostly finished feeding just before we were there, but we did get up close and personal with a couple of them.

As well as bears, the view was quite spectacular. Click here to view a short video of BC wildlife, including the bear we saw. May not work with dial-up connection.

Black bear viewed from the comfort of our vehicle
    • Photography
    • Adventure Travel

• scargo's Profile Photo

Ski Whistler-Blackcomb

by scargo Written Dec 26, 2004

Two trips now to Whistler-Blackcomb. Pre-Christmas trips, both times. 2003 was pretty good conditions. December 14-17, 2004 was not so good. The lower half was ice or mush and hard on skis. I found a few good runs up on top. I think I prefer Blackcomb, for pure, advanced, alpine skiing. But, I have yet to ski powder there in December. (:

Whistler Valley & mountains from Whistler Saddle
    • Work Abroad

• InFlames's Profile Photo

Snowboard!

by InFlames Written Apr 22, 2004

Got to go to Whistler/Blackcomb!
    Not to miss!
    A lot of ***!
    Banf! Lake Louise!

Ski, kayak, snowboard, fishing, hunting, canot, Vtt, seadoo, boat!!!! etc!! Hiking! dahh

There's so much to do there!!

You gotta go to see it!!

Huge mountains!

oh i forgot!!! Mountains bike!

• Water Sports
    • Camping

Instant Answers: Whistler

Comments

Whistler Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Whistler things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Whistler sightseeing.