Winnipeg's Casinos, Winnipeg

Club Regent Casino
    by Redlats
  • Club Regent Casino

by cpm440vee Written Aug 31, 2006

There are 2 casinos in Winnipeg - McPhillips Street Station Casino and Club Regent Casino. I only had time to go to Club Regent and it turned out to be a good pick. It has a jungle-like theme with palm trees inside and a giant aquarium. The aquarium is quite interesting. It is actually a tunnel that you can walk through but the water surrounds you on the sides and above you. You even see fish swimming above you which is cool. I must have spent 15 minutes in this aquarium tunnel before proceeding to the slots. There is also the Royal Palms Restaurant. I had a buffet dinner there which was good. Drop by if you get the chance.

• Redlats's Profile Photo

Gamble!

by Redlats Updated Oct 8, 2005

Club Regent Casino

Would you believe, gambling is available in Winnipeg. There are two large establishments that are like Los Vegas casinos, but smaller. And I quote 'At Club Regent, explore the salt water aquarium, cascading waterfalls, a lost civilization in the Caribbean jungle!!’. The other casino is called McPhillips Street Station, plus there is legalized race gambling at Assiniboine Downs.

I don't gamble myself, and I visited Club Regent for the first time recently. I felt sorry for the people gambling there. It seems like such a solitary pastime - everyone had their own machine, and was throwing coins in, pressing buttons, winning occasionally. I prefer my entertainment to be more interactive.

One good thing about the slot machines at the two casinos -- they have quite a few nickel machines. You can feed your slot frenzy without breaking your bank!

• Casino and Gambling