Know about this?
Extra careful at night
Well,don't be alone at night especially in downtown area. It was a surprise to me coming from a third world country. There are lots of drunken men on the street and some even beg for cigars. Some will ask for money so that they can ride the bus. It's not a good sight for me and I am uneasy about it. One guy even shouted at me asking for a cigarette and Itold him that I don't smoke. I think being flashy at night is not good as well.
But you can call for a Safe Walk if you see someone intoxicated, aggressively panhandling or someone in need of assistance. It is 24/7 service.
Downtown or the North End of...
Downtown or the North End of the city is not a place for people walking alone or without protection. At night I lock my doors in my truck when driving through that sector. No smoking is allowed in our malls though.
We have can have a serious problem in this area with mosquitoes and ticks from May till Sept. If you walk in the woods or grassy areas, please check you and your pet for any ticks after your walk. They can make you or your pet very sick. Remember that the best repellent for mosquitoes is tried and tested sprays or creams that contain Deet. For an up to date bug forecast go here: http://www.muskol.com/content.htm
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Winnipeg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Nottingham Warnings and Dangers
- Panama Warnings and Dangers
- Jaipur Warnings and Dangers
- Downtown Seattle
- Red Light Districts
- Cincinnati Warnings and Dangers
- Azerbaijan Warnings and Dangers
- Hammamet Warnings and Dangers
- Colombo Warnings and Dangers
- Cairo Warnings and Dangers
- Davao City Warnings and Dangers