Know about this?
If you are driving around...
If you are driving around Winnipeg, BE CAREFUL AND ALERT. Winnipeg drivers are among the worst in the world. Drivers will:
-Hardly ever use turn signals
-Run red lights
-Not stop at 4-way stop signs
-Cut you off
If you are driving in Winnipeg...
If you are driving in Winnipeg beware! The roads can be treacherous, in spring potholes bloom before the snow is completely gone. Winter roads are can be simply horrid, especially if you haven't driven in icy conditions before.
In addition to the road conditions the local drivers have interesting habits. It is almost forbidden to use your turn signals other than to trick the other drivers. If, by accident you do bump the turn signals on, you must leave them on for at least 10 minutes. Also, feel no need to rush lane selection, it is quite fine to straddle 2 until one appears the better choice. And finally, no, that guy is Not waving at you! ;o)
winnipeg. drivers that actually KNOW how to drive!
There have been comments regarding the lack of ability of winnipeg drivers. Definitley NOT the worst drivers! you can actually boogie along quite well if you pay attention (which is what you're supposed to do when driving!) Winnipeg is a huge city of 700,000+ people, so if you're a chronic "sunday driver", getting around can be tricky, yes, but mostly people are very considerate of others on the road. So don't let all the negative reviews scare you! Just bear in mind, you are in a big city that has to move fast to get to where they're going. If you go into any major city I'm confident that you will find the drivers are very similar. It's when you get small town people that aren't used to any amount of traffic that you run into problems!! but once they figure it out, they boogie along with the rest with no problems.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Winnipeg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Jericoacoara Hotels
- Middle East
- Broadbeach Hotels
- Dunhuang Hotels
- Keansburg Hotels
- El Abrigo
- East Hampton Warnings and Dangers
- American Samoa Warnings and Dangers
- Barrow Warnings and Dangers
- Utica Warnings and Dangers
- Clearwater Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Cook Islands Warnings and Dangers
- Duisburg Warnings and Dangers
- Driving on Crete
- Port Moresby Warnings and Dangers
- Democratic Republic of Congo Warnings and Dangers
- Dont Drink Water
- Yakima Warnings and Dangers