Magaguadavic Lake Transportation

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

A Tranquil Weekend

by Bwana_Brown Updated Nov 27, 2003

A Quiet Cruise Back

We really did have great luck with the weather that weekend - sunny and mid-20s C! It was great not having any particular itinerary - we just paddled or coasted along depending on the wind and enjoyed the scenery as it passed! One of the duties of the bow-man is to keep his eyes peeled for hidden granite boulders when in shallow waters. This is a granite-strewn area and the water is almost black due to the effects of the surrounding vegetation! Not withstanding this, on occasion, I would reach into the beer cooler at my feet and pass a cold one up to Len by setting it on the blade of my paddle! Life does not get much better!

• Sailing and Boating

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Smooth and Quiet

by Bwana_Brown Updated Nov 27, 2003

We Set Off After a Night on the Beach

I personally enjoy canoeing above all other forms of water transport. My canoe is so light that a single person can easily handle it and it only takes a few inches of water for it to make its way through swamps, reeds and various other impediments! It is also quite amazing how much freight one of these things will carry! Here we have our tent, sleeping mats and bags, ground sheet, food and (just in front of my feet) our full-sized ice cooler full of perishables as well as a plentiful supply of beer cans! We set out on our trip late on a Friday night and paddled by moonlight to a sandy beach on a spit of land where we set up camp. Here, we have had breakfast, packed up and are setting off for our day's adventure!

• Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Magaguadavic Lake

Comments

Magaguadavic Lake Transportation

Reviews and photos of Magaguadavic Lake transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Magaguadavic Lake sightseeing.

View all Magaguadavic Lake hotels