Moncton Restaurants

Asian Garden Restaurant
  • Boomerang's Restaurant, Moncton, New Brunswick
    Boomerang's Restaurant, Moncton, New...
    Lily Chinese Cuisine

Most Recent Restaurants in Moncton

Boomerang's Steakhouse and Bar: Steakhouse

by Canuck5 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Nice place, located in downtown Moncton, just off of Main St.

Nice decor, attentive and friendly staff. While it bills itself as a steakhouse, it also has a number of other entrées, such as shrimp, chicken, ribs, salads, etc.

This place had been recommended by a friend, so I thought I'd check it out while I was in town on business. Great place, but I did find the prices a bit on the high side. Most of the main dinner entrées were priced in the CAD$18.00 to $26.00 range. This might be the average when compared to other restaurants in the downtown, but I haven't tried enough of the others to say for sure.

Free parking around the side of the building. Look for the Boomerang's sign, don't look for a civic number on the entrance (there isn't one).

Favorite Dish: I had the Shrimp Linguini, at about CAD$ 18.00 Within a minute of it being served, another waitress arrived with more Parmesan cheese and a pepper mill. Prior to it arriving, they brought a small loaf of fresh bread, which was also delicious. I was told that if you order a steak, they also arrive with a complimentary salad.

I'm a fairly big eater, and between the bread, the entrée and my draught beer, I was content. I didn't have room for dessert. The total bill came to $26.00 for one.

Boomerang's Restaurant, Moncton, New Brunswick
    • Luxury Travel

Asian Garden: East Indian cuisine

by Canuck5 Written Jul 28, 2009

A nice place to go if you're in the mood for East Indian food. They specialize in Mughlai and Tandoori dishes, and have their own tandoori oven to make naan bread.

Favorite Dish: I had the Butter Chicken with naan bread, and it was very good.

Asian Garden Restaurant

Saigon Thai Restaurant: Vietnamese and Thai cuisine

by Canuck5 Written Jun 25, 2009

Nice decor, friendly service, and great tasting food.

This place was formerly known as the Vina Thai Restaurant, but it came under new management in early 2007, and changed its name to the Saigon Thai.

Will take a photo of the place next time I'm in Moncton.

Favorite Dish: As an appetizer, I had one of their Imperial spring rolls, which is made with pork and served with some sliced carrots and lettuce, and some fish sauce for dipping. For the main dish, I had a stir-fried mixture of chicken, pork, shrimp, and vegetables, all served on a bed of crispy noodles.

Everything tasted great.

My meal came to CAD$20., after tax.

Graffiti: Mediterranean cuisine

by Canuck5 Updated Sep 24, 2008

I ate here recently for my first time, for lunch. I ordered the creamy pesto penne with scallops, along with the corn chowder. It was tasty and reasonably priced ($9.00), but if I'm going to be critical about anything, it would be that the centers of the scallops were cold. The chowder, penne noodles, and sauce were hot enough, but the scallops just weren't heated through fully. Good thing I don't mind sushi.

Everything else... the service, decor, and atmosphere were very nice. I'd eat here again, but I'll probably try one of their souvlaki or gyro dishes next time.

I parked for free in the bus terminal parking lot about a block away, on Archibald St., but there's also the shopping mall parking lot a little further west.

• Spartina's Profile Photo

Vegetarian eating in Moncton

by Spartina Written May 13, 2007

For a vegetarian (and vegan) meal, try the Kalactus (St George and Church Streets) which has a very good and affordable menu (although a bit limited) that includes burritos, indian flavoured dishes, some really tasty sandwiches, great coffee and a cosy, stylish interior with friendly waiters. They also have a small patio which is opened in the summer.

The Zen garden (Mountain rd., between Robinson and Lutz streets) serves taiwanese/asian vegetarian foods. A lot of the menu includes small entrees that can be combined for a varied and tasty meal. For those who may be craving it, they serve bubble tea (although "tea" flavoured only)...

Lily Chinese Cuisine: Chinese buffet

by Canuck5 Updated Sep 1, 2006

I've found a new favourite place to go to for a Chinese food buffet....Lily's.

The atmosphere and decor in this restaurant is very nice, the service was fine, and the food was varied, warm, and delicious. There were even a few dishes I've never seen before at a Chinese buffet.

It's a little cheaper than Chan's House in nearby Dieppe that I've also written about, which was a nice surprise as well.

I definitely recommend this place !

Favorite Dish: I like to try everything.

Lily Chinese Cuisine

• Eileenheath's Profile Photo

Le Chateau A Pape: Finest Dining in Olde Timey Surroundings

by Eileenheath Updated Feb 9, 2005

I was surprised this place does not have a website, but it is tucked away from the main road and still it was booked solid Friday Feb 11 to Monday Feb 14.
    The ambience is pleasant and even romantic. The house must be over a hundred years old. It sits just off the waterfront of the Petitcodiac River (affectionately called The Chocolate River by the locals for its rich brown color).
    I stamped thru the snow one night, feeling adventurous and my lodgings were very close by (see Executive Suites - 54 Assomption Blvd).
    I came in and in the foyer is an winding staircase ascending to the 2nd floor. Everything inside was primarily white yet not overpowering bright. There were touches of red, yet not garish. I was shown to a small room that had a large bay window and followed its pattern around.
    There are larger rooms squirreled away in the building. It is a delight if you wish to meet with friends, hold a large party, or have a romantic dinner for 2.
    The layout allows for all the above.
    The bathrooms are located upstairs and I finished off my camera trying to take pictures of the chandelier, the foyer, and the staircase. These will be uploaded here, soon. They allowed me to take a menu and I will upload some sample pages, as well.
    I fully intend to come back here with my fiance.
    There is a large book in the foyer for you to sign on your way out.

The wait staff was not over zealous in their attentions, nor were they negligent.

Favorite Dish: I had the Steak Brochette. That's filet cooked on a skewer then slid off onto a bed of rice with a side of mixed vegetables. The side order of mushrooms were highly recommended by the waitress and I can see why. These were the best I've tasted by far. The steak was slightly velvety and very tender.

The Flaming Coffee really is set on fire, word of warning. Tasty and nearly $10.

• Wine Tasting

• wreckloose's Profile Photo

Pumphouse Brewery: Tastiest Beer In The Universe

by wreckloose Written Dec 23, 2004

What do you get when you have great beer and great steaks? One fantastic dining experience. Being away from home for Thanksgiving was a downer at first but going to the Pumphouse for Thanksgiving dinner quickly made everything better.

Favorite Dish: The New York. Probably one of the best steaks I've ever had (and I worked as a cook at one of the best steakhouses in Toronto). Don't forget to try their blueberry beer. If you're feeling adventurous, grab a boot of blueberry beer, complete with fresh blueberries inside.

Boot of Blueberry Beer
    • Beer Tasting

• marcoparco's Profile Photo

Hynes: Hynes

by marcoparco Updated Mar 20, 2004

A great little restaurant that is very well known around Moncton. Has been in buisness for several years now. Great food and amazing service. Look for the owner who is always around greeting his customers. I keep going back again and again. Great restaurant!

Favorite Dish: Breakfast

Hynes

• sbrookes's Profile Photo

Le Chateau A Pape: 1st Class Meals

by sbrookes Written Oct 30, 2002

This first class restaurant is a three-generation establishment. The reason for its long life is quality with great attention to details.

Favorite Dish: Out meals did not include deserts was under $60.00 Canadian with 20% tip. That is under $40.00.

See white building

• LeighAnne's Profile Photo

Boomerangs!!! Its an...

by LeighAnne Updated Aug 26, 2002

Boomerangs!!! Its an Australian restuarant/bar and has amazing food. If you go on Friday's you get 2 for 1 drinks and they are huge.
    Its very dark inside and completely done in backwoods atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and if its your birthday be prepared for one huge song and dance!

Meals are very cheap for large portions - expect to pay around 10 to 15 dollars (drink included - 2 if you go on friday~!)

Favorite Dish: My favourites are: Grilled Chicken, bloomin onion, white russian

Instant Answers: Moncton

Comments

Moncton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Moncton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moncton sightseeing.