Saint John Restaurants

With my sister Pascale at Taco Pica!
  • Our delicious meal at the Lemongrass in Saint John
    Our delicious meal at the Lemongrass in...
  • Vito's Italian restaurant in Saint John, NB
    Vito's Italian restaurant in Saint John,...

Best Rated Restaurants in Saint John

• Reggie's: Breakfast Anyone?

by muzikman69 Written Mar 22, 2005

Reggie's is a small cafe which is located beside the city market at 26 Germain Street. This is a must stop for anyone coming to the city. The restaurant is very cultured and friendly, they even yell your name when your food is ready.

• Vito's: Classic Saint John

by muzikman69 Written Mar 22, 2005

Vito's is a must stop for anyone coming to Saint John. The ceasar chicken, pizza, and pasta is excellant. Prices are very reasonable, and you will always leave satisified. Remember to try and save room for some of the cheese cake you will see when you first enter the building.

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

The Riviera Restaurant,: It Might Not Be There Now!,

by Geoff_Wright Updated Apr 22, 2004

The Riviera Restaurant, Saint John. This was in 1965, yes 1965!!

Favorite Dish: According to the bill stub, two of us had a meal with bier and coffee, and icecream for C$5.20! What would that be now, I wonder? The meals were Roast Beef and Roast Chicken, together with potatoes and veg, I think.

• AnitaE's Profile Photo

Steamers Lobster Company: Quaint and Inexpensive

by AnitaE Written Feb 11, 2014

I finally tried a lobster roll and all I can say is YUM! It came with fries and cost around $18, which seems a bit pricey for the size of the sandwich. If they had been cheaper, I would have gotten two, they were that good.

Decor is what you might expect in a seaport bar & grill...buoys, nets, fake lobsters, etc.

Big beer here is Moosehead - they will give you a free sample if you're not sure which variety you want to drink.

Too bad we weren't there on a Friday night when they have all you can eat lobster.

It appears that they also have a dinner theater in part of their building.

Favorite Dish: Lobster Roll

• Bourbon Quarter: Best atmosphere and food in New Brunswick!!!

by passinthru54 Written Oct 12, 2011

For our 30th anniversary, my husband and I decided to travel across Canada, having only been to Canada a few times. We were recommend to visit Bourbon Quarter by the hotel we were staying with. We were greeted promptly at the door and seated at a lovely booth. We opened the menu, and we surprised to see such variety! I tried the duck breast, which I was told was from right there in New Brunswick and my husband tried the rack of lamb. The only thing better than the food, which was amazing, was how friendly the staff was. Maybe it is a Canadian thing, I don't know, but they were so accommodating. We headed out just before their live entertainment began, a bit to late for us as we were heading out in the morning. On our travels, if we happen to venture back to New Brunswick, Canada, we will make Bourbon Quarter a must.

Favorite Dish: Sugar and Spice lacquered Duck Breast
    Pecan encrusted rack of lamb

• The Bourban Cafe: Not My Cup Of Tea...or Bourbon

by Numnums Written Oct 29, 2011

My husband and I had lunch at the Bourbon Cafe and we will not be returning. The food was modest in quantity, which is okay... it was lunch. But five... yes five... french fries is a bit skimpy by any standard. When we ordered, the waitress asked my husband if he would like an extra piece of chicken. He said yes and it was a wing... a scrawny overcooked wing for which he was charged an extra five dollars.
    The ambience was okay although the entertainer for the evening was thumping around setting up equipment. But that was okay. It was fun.
    The service was just so-so. She was pleasant but did not return to ask how our meal was. I caught her eye to ask for more water, which was brought to me after I had finished my meal and was drinking my coffee.
    The coffee was delicious but not enough of a draw to make up for the deficiencies.

Favorite Dish: The coffee

• Cruise
    • Singles

• Jeremiah's Deli - City Market: Great Food Bad Service

by taches Written Nov 1, 2006

A very nice deli in the beautiful City Market - The food was amazing and lots of it. Only problem was the service, the lady that served me was not very nice and made the experience unpleasant.

Favorite Dish: I had a smoked meat sandwich, excellent!!!!!!

• BILLY'S SEAFOOD MARKET: DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

by bricks Written Jul 31, 2004

Easily the worst seafood experience I had in the Maritime Provinces, perhaps the worst ever. Unfortunately, Billy's Seafood Company was mentioned in most of the travel guides I read. My meal was overpriced and overcooked. We had tried to get a table before a comedy act the night before, but they were very busy, so we stopped after a trip up the coast...I truly wish we hadn't. The hyper waiter couldn't answer a simple question... what do you have for beer??..so we ended up with run of the mill pisswater beer. I'm not sure they served anything better. I ordered the Deep Sea platter and was looking forward to a fine meal, instead I got mostly french fries that were so overcooked as to be inedible, clams that were anything but "juicy" as advertised, and haddock fried inches away from incineration. The only redeeming feature of the meal was the Digby scallops which must have been cooked separately...they were quite nice. It was evident to me that the fryolator oil was past its sell by date, it's too bad the cook didn't notice.

My companion's meal, while digestible, was a disappointment. She found that the garlic in her seafood dish so overpowered the lobster, it might as well have been pollock.

I am from the New England seacoast and my meal would have been a hanging offense at home. Really, fried clams shouldn't snap like potato chips! I know now that I should have complained, instead of gamely trying to find something good about the meal...it doesn't always pay to be as polite as Canadians.

The irony is that the evening before we had a perfectly nice meal, complete with scallops and microbrewed beer at Tapps, a brewpub a block away. We spent a 3rd of the price of Billy's Seafood and actually enjoyed our meal. And our feet touched the floor. What's with the chairs anyway, Billy?

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Women's Travel
    • Whale Watching

• Ming's Restaurant: Do not recommend!

by BobStephen Written Jun 11, 2003

Heard great things but sorely disappointed! Do NOT recommend - one diner's sauce tasted horrible and waitress said it was from a can. The owner refused to refund the cost of the meal even though customer could not eat it. If you want bland, canned Chinese food that claims to be homemade and a rude owener who does not care what his customer's think - he told us not to come back when we complained - this is the place!

Ming's Restaurant Saint John

• Suwanna Restaurant: Authentic Thai Cuisine with Great Desserts!

by BobStephen Written Jun 11, 2003

Lovely old home converted to restaurant has nice ambience with many corners for a romantic dinner. Tables have linen tablecloths and napkins. Staff courteous and friendly. Food superb with many excellent dishes. Desserts are wonderful and worth the splurge!

Favorite Dish: Suwanna chicken, sweet & sour shrimp, all stir fry dishes, chicken satay, Thai salad, lemon chicken, all curry dishes, ... basically everything!

• Cabana_Boy's Profile Photo

Taco Pica: Looking for something a little spicy...

by Cabana_Boy Updated Apr 24, 2003

Looking for something a little spicy, head up Germain Street to Taco Pica for some Guatemalan or Mexican food.

Taco Pica on Germain St., Saint John, NB

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Riviera Restaurant: Now to pay the bill!!

by Geoff_Wright Updated Apr 22, 2004

Now to pay the bill!! Thats $4.80 change please! (But what about a tip?)

A number of Canadians have told me that my $C 10 bills are collector's items now, haha.

Instant Answers: Saint John

Comments

Saint John Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint John restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint John sightseeing.