Twillingate Travel Guide

Twillingate Things to Do

• Cabana_Boy's Profile Photo
    The Iceberg Shop in Twillingate

by Cabana_Boy Written Dec 28, 2002

Head over to the Iceberg Shop for all things Icebergs. From here you can arrange a boat tour of the Icebergs floating near Twillingate. The icebergs usually appear in the area from May to July.

It is so impressive to get that close to these floating giants; and, if you are lucky, the bergs may break or roll over right in front of you. You can actually feel the air get colder and colder the closer the boat gets to the icebergs.

Twillingate Hotels

Twillingate Restaurants

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo
    Moose burger

by bocmaxima Written Apr 22, 2012

I try to give local food a shot whenever I encounter it. Basically, if I see something on the menu that I don't recognize, I tend to ask about it, then order it. When I saw "moose burger" on the menu here, I knew immediately what it was, but felt compelled to try it. I had been in Newfoundland several days, but this was the first place I had seen it. I know now why. It's a little nasty.
    The onions and mustard helped, but I would only recommend ordering this as a novelty and sharing it with others. I like elk. I like venison. But I do not like moose. Now I know.
    The restaurant as a whole was good but not the best food I had while in Newfoundland. Prices were reasonable and it was a nice atmosphere.

• Cabana_Boy's Profile Photo
    Grubbies Burgers in Twillingate

by Cabana_Boy Written Dec 28, 2002

Grubbies burgers is not your basic roach-coach. Grubbies is set up in an old fire truck and typically parks near one of the many docks in Twillingate.

Upon seeing food being served from the back of fire truck, I had to stop for lunch...great concept for a roadside diner.

Favorite Dish: Burger and fries...

• Twillingate Hotels

1 Hotels in Twillingate

26 Reviews and Opinions

Instant Answers: Twillingate

Comments

Twillingate Travel Guide
Map of Twillingate