Cape Breton, Halifax

Know about this? Rate It!

• Cape Breton
    by Vanislander
    Pleasant Bay
    by Bwana_Brown
  • Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Cabot Trail & Whale Watching!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: A trip around the Cabot Trail encompassing the tip of Cape Breton Island is well worth it. We had been on the coast of Ireland only two months earlier and were amazed at the similarities in the vistas! This is one of Canada's National Parks, resulting in a very well maintained environment and road system. The highway winds along the coast with spectacular views out over the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Atlantic Ocean. At one point, we were able to see pilot whales cavorting along the shore on the Gulf side (the location of the whale watching boats was a bit of a tip off!). Photo of Pleasant Bay taken from the top of MacKenzie Mountain as we traversed the Trail from the Gulf side around to the Atlantic.

Pleasant Bay

• Vanislander's Profile Photo

There is alot to see in Nova...

by Vanislander Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: There is alot to see in Nova Scotia, unfortunately I only spend 2 days here and my film was mostly lost :( The number one place I enjoyed was the Cabot Trail in Northern NovaScotia, cliffs and water it was beautiful. Hopefully one day I can return to get more pics to make up for the ones I lost.

Instant Answers: Halifax