Halifax Citadel, Halifax

Know about this? Rate It!

view from the Citadel
  • hevbell's Profile Photo

HALIFAX

by hevbell Updated Feb 22, 2004

Halifax

Favorite thing: picture: View from the Citadel of Halifax and Dartmouth on the other side of the Bedford Basin. Halifax is the provincial capital of Nova Scotia and is home to the second largest natural harbour in the world.

Fondest memory: Actually my fondest memory was of one of the Highland dancing related events - a concert featuring some rather amusing Polish dancers and audience members :)

• davidjoha's Profile Photo

walking and taking time to see the sights

by davidjoha Updated Apr 20, 2003

view from the Citadel

Favorite thing: The Halifax Citadel is where I would take a visitor first. Not only for the Citadel itself, but for the view of the city and the harbor from its high vantage point.

Fondest memory: My best memory of Halifax was taking the walking tour so I could take my time to see what I wanted to see. I got the information at the Visitors Center on the waterfront. I especially enjoyed visiting and learning about the churches of the area.

• Religious Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

• jedd43's Profile Photo

Visit the Halifax Citadel

by jedd43 Updated Sep 7, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit the Halifax Citadel, a National Historic site. It wasn't open when I was there but I got a lot of pictures.

Be sure to view the Halifax Travelogue for more photos.

Fondest memory: I miss the seafood. I ate Lobster every day in some form. It was delicious!!

• orke's Profile Photo

visit the citadel historic...

by orke Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: visit the citadel historic site - very interesting and fun

visit the maritimes museum (dont remember the name atlantic something i think) about ships and stuff

visit the public gardens