Liquor Dome, The, Halifax

Know about this? Rate It!

The Dome - Halifax NS
    by pieter_jan_v
    Oops, 3 blocks up!
    by pieter_jan_v
    The dance floor in the Liquor Dome
    by duanestorey
  • Liquor Dome, The: Get yo ass bounced...at the Dome

by Haligonian Written Nov 10, 2003

Just look at Josh (the bouncer) the wrong way and the piece of sh*t will punch (no slap) you in the face and call at least 5 of his roid-head goons to escourt your as* out the Dome's front door. These guys are brutal and on a power trip. Management should take a serious look at the meatheads they employ before someone gets hurt and sues!

Dress Code: Slutty.

• Liquor Dome, The: Halifax - where NOT to go

by Halifax_resident Written Nov 10, 2003

If you're underage and female, it's a good spot to get free drinks from middle-aged men. If you're over 25 with a professional career and you're not too drunk, the bouncers get cocky/paranoid and try to beat you up/make your night hell/kick you out. Don't go here if you want to wind down and have a drink. Halifax has far too many cool bars to waste your time at the Dome.

Dress Code: none if you're a girl (the less the better). If you're a guy, it depends on the bouncer's mood.

• Farm Stay
    • Safari

• tvor's Profile Photo

The Dome: Bar Hopping

by tvor Updated Jun 14, 2012

The Dome is actually several bars under one roof. Originally, and officially it was five individual bars, all interconnected but because it was such a draw, everyone called it the "liquor dome"... The management succumbed and now call it the "Entertainment Dome" or "The dome" as it's still known by the locals. The two bars on the lower level on Argyll Street, formerly named Lawrence's, My Apartment, are now The Dome and they share the dance floor . Cheers is it's own bar upstairs off Grafton Street but you can go through to The Dome as well. There's now an upscale "nightclub" called Taboo as well which is above this. Cheers has food and a popular Friday Happy Hour (4:30 to 7:30) and tends to have live music and can be more bluesy/rocky. The downstairs is dj dance music. Lots of bars to get your drinks and of course the waiters move among the crowds which can be considerable on a weekend night.

There was a restaurant in the complex for years and it changed to a tapas bar but it is now closed and they're renovating for a new one. You can also get food at Cheers. Friday during happy hour, appetizers are half price.

The downstairs dance floor is an atrium with a glass roof to the sky. I'm sure there's a cover charge after about 7 or 8 on weekends at least.

Also in the same complex is the upscale seafood restaurant, the 5 Fishermen with a mussel bar free with most entrees and never forget the Grafton Street Dinner Theatre for fun and food!

Dress Code: Anything goes

• Music

• duanestorey's Profile Photo

The Liquor Dome: Go big or go home

by duanestorey Written Apr 8, 2003

The dance floor in the Liquor Dome

If you want to go out dancing in Halifax, head to the Liquor Dome.. Here you'll find four interconnected bars -- you pay cover once, and can mingle between all the bars all night.. One is alternative, one is techno, one has live music, and the other -- hmm, not sure if I made it there..

• Liquor Dome, The: Broken jaws all around

by Haligonian Updated Nov 10, 2003

Depends on what you are looking for...

If you are looking for a long line up at the door, a long line up at the bar, and a long line up of people asking, "What happened to your face?" (a to-be-anticipated result of going there if you fit the male category) then it is the place for you. If you are civilized, like to receive what you ordered, and do not like jaw aches, then hit the palace. It has a wet t-shirt contest to boot.

Dress Code: hahaha

• Zoo
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Farm Stay

• wreckloose's Profile Photo

Liquor Dome, The: Good Times

by wreckloose Written Dec 24, 2005

Huge club on Argyle St. All popular musical genres are covered over the course of the night, and if your main goal is to meet guys/girls and get drinks for cheap, this is the spot to do it.

Dress Code: Not sure of the dress code as it was Halloween weekend and everything was allowed.

• Study Abroad

• Cashee's Profile Photo

Liquor Dome, The: More than one bar under one roof

by Cashee Updated Jan 24, 2005

The main dance floor/bar is great but if you venture into some of the other bars that are connected, you will have creepy old men staring at you.

The Attic gets a lot of great sounding live music (a good friend of mine does sound there :-)

It is fairly easy to get bounced out of this place so you have to behave somewhat.

Dress Code: It's a club not a pub so look good.

• BillyInHfx's Profile Photo

CLUBS: The Liquor Dome,...

by BillyInHfx Written Aug 25, 2002

CLUBS: The Liquor Dome, Merrills, Pacifico, The New Palace (last chance for romance..), Boomers (definitely an older crowd here!), The Argyle, The Mercury, Reflections (gay and lesbian), The Party House (where there's never a party happening), The Marquee, The velvet Olive,
    The Dome actually has 4 smaller clubs playing different music, and the central dance floor. The Pacifico is awesome. The Argyle is best on Thursday nights.

• Liquor Dome, The: Dome Sucks

by Stro05 Updated Mar 25, 2007

I will never go try to get into the Dome again. Last night, I tried to get in with my real I.D (I'm 19) and they gave me a really hard time. They asked me to spell my name about 5 times, tell them my date of birth, and my address. They kept asking me when the photo was taken, and after after 15 minutes of questioning, decided my REAL I.D looked nothing like me. So I went back to my dorm and got some more I.D to show them. Once I got back, and explained that I had went to get more I.D they didn't even want to listen to me, they told me to go away. So we went to another door, where the same thing happened, I couldn't get in. So we went to a third door where I finally managed to get in, but not even 5 seconds after being let in, the bouncer comes in with his walkie talkie in hand and tells me to go outside and asks to see my I.D again. He told me I had to leave because that picture was not me, and I told him I had more I.D and he said "I don't care". Not one single bouncer wanted to see the other I.D I had on me. I had about 6 other cards all with my name on it in my purse. I understand that they need to be strict, but come on, I knew all the information on that card like the back of my hand and they didn't care to see the other I.D I had. They need to get their heads out of their asses because they will be losing a lot of business and you never know who might decide to sue next time.

• The DOME: The experience

by juli456 Written Nov 1, 2003

The dome is one of two of the best places in halifax to go. if you're passing by, definitely take a stop in, the other is the new palace nightclub located just 2 streets up from the dome. There's alot to do for everyone and every style you can want in a nightclub, cheers-more of a bar, my apartment-sit down, have soem pizza, the dome itself-dance club be prepared for techno though, the attic-live bands and then affiliated is alfredo wine stine and Ho-for some good food at late hours. There is also right accross the road a 24 h restaurant that will fullfill any late nitgh craving you might have, that would be the apple barrel, great place to go. After the bars if you're just looking for soem pizza, "pizza corner" (nicnamed because 3/4 of the st's corners have pizza places on them) is where to go, ask anyone and they can point you in the right direction.

Dress Code: YES there is a dress code, im not sure of the specifics but such like no baseball hats or other hats allowed, no wife beaters, no munbers, anythign that cna be affilitaed w/ a gang will be turned away, this is mainly for the guys i haven't hear anything really for the girls other than you can't wear a track suit into the rest of the bar (hoodie and sweat pants for ex.) just in the attic, so beware of that.

• Music
    • School Holidays

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Liquor Dome, The: Up or Down

by pieter_jan_v Updated Oct 17, 2012

The Dome - Halifax NS

If you are going to visit places like The Liquor Dome remember where you have to go afterwards. Going down hill after a Pub visit is easier than up-hill!

Business hours: