Know about this? Rate It!
Go underground in a coal mine
If you go to industrial Cape Breton .....to Glace Bay you can visit an actual Coal Mine . In fact it is the mine where my Dad worked many years ago .
It is here in this mine that you'll get a real feel for what the people in the area is really about. Not that they were all coal miners but it is from these roots that the area arose.
- Family Travel
- Museum Visits
- Road Trip
Usige Ban Falls
The morning that we set off from Baddeck to start around the Cabot Trail, we detoured into Usige Ban Provincial Park, located only a few miles from Baddeck. This involved a short drive into the mountainous highlands and an easy walk through pleasant woodland trails to a waterfall. Photo of me ascending the 'face'.
- Family Travel
You have to go
You have to take a trip to Cape Breton Island at the northern tip of Nova Scotia. It is the most beautiful place (no wonder that Cape Bretoners act like it is the only place in the world). See Travel log Cape Breton Island.
- Whale Watching
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Halifax Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dolalghat Hotels
- Beverly Beach State Park Hotels
- Tecumseh Hotels
- Langham Hotels
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Memphis Off The Beaten Path
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path
- Israel Off The Beaten Path