Know about this? Rate It!
Go underground in a coal mine
If you go to industrial Cape Breton .....to Glace Bay you can visit an actual Coal Mine . In fact it is the mine where my Dad worked many years ago .
It is here in this mine that you'll get a real feel for what the people in the area is really about. Not that they were all coal miners but it is from these roots that the area arose.
- Family Travel
- Museum Visits
- Road Trip
Usige Ban Falls
The morning that we set off from Baddeck to start around the Cabot Trail, we detoured into Usige Ban Provincial Park, located only a few miles from Baddeck. This involved a short drive into the mountainous highlands and an easy walk through pleasant woodland trails to a waterfall. Photo of me ascending the 'face'.
- Family Travel
You have to go
You have to take a trip to Cape Breton Island at the northern tip of Nova Scotia. It is the most beautiful place (no wonder that Cape Bretoners act like it is the only place in the world). See Travel log Cape Breton Island.
- Whale Watching
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Halifax Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Santa Maria di Castellabate Hotels
- Tullamarine Hotels
- June Lake Junction Hotels
- Murdo Hotels
- Port Douglas
- Manali Off The Beaten Path
- Greece Off The Beaten Path
- Turquoise Trail
- Brussels Off The Beaten Path
- Chandigarh Off The Beaten Path
- El Salvador Off The Beaten Path
- Florida Keys Off The Beaten Path
- Idaho Off The Beaten Path
- Nantucket Off The Beaten Path
- St Francis Xavier.
- Mykonos Off The Beaten Path
- Atlantic City Off The Beaten Path