Know about this? Rate It!
Take a tour of Lunenburg
My bus tour stopped at Lunenburg and we had a guide take us on a walking tour of the town. It was all downhill and very interesting. I would recommend the tour for an overall historical view of the area. Our guide told us about many of the churches (esp. St. John's Anglican Church which is being rebuilt after a fire nearly destroyed in on Nov. 1, 2001) and many houses which featured the Lunenburg "bump" (pictured). There was a Harbor Festival going on but our time was limited. I had lunch ( scallops for the first time ever ) at a restuarant on the waterfront - it was very good.
- Historical Travel
- Religious Travel
Lunenburg is a town outside of...
Lunenburg is a town outside of Halifax. It is a UN protected site and all buildings are historic properties. It is definetly worth seeing on the same trip as Peggy's Cove. Plus there is a great store called Quilts by the Sea.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Halifax Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- Chebba Hotels
- Dipolog City
- Seremban Hotels
- Saint Albans Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path