Taj Mahal Restaurant, Halifax

5175 South Street

Taj Mahal Restaurant
    by Tricky_Dicky69
  • Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

Taj Mahal Restaurant: SERVICE WITH A SMILE - AND A SONG.

by Tricky_Dicky69 Updated May 4, 2008

Taj Mahal Restaurant

I love a curry and after touring NS for a couple of weeks without a curry house in site I was looking forward to our visit to The Taj Mahal. I wasn't sure what to expect as the place doesn't look much from the outside and the internal decor was fairly basic but you can't always judge a book by it's cover.

Our Waiter, who was a young white Canadian chap was welcoming and friendly and was happy to stand and chat with us about the time that he had spent in England while touring with a youth orchestra. No matter where we went in NS people were keen to talk with us when they discovered that we were English as they seem to like our accent for some reason.

Favorite Dish: The menu was varied with some dishes that we are used to at home as well as some that were unfamiliar. Everything that we tried was really good and a joy to my taste buds that had been missing their usual regular spicy fayre. Prices were very reasonable for the food as well as the wine. Chris went for her usual red wine while I had my regular bottle of dry white which turned out to be a litre bottle - what a shame. ( hic )

Our waiter happened to mention that he was a budding opera singer and was happy to oblige when we requested an impromptu rendition. So there we were having an Indian in restaurant in Nova Scotia while being treated to a quick blast of Gilbert & Sullivan. Now that doesn't happen everyday does it.

We left having enjoyed a lovely evening, delicious food, copious amounts of wine and the services of a lovely waiter.

Highly recommended.

Tricky Dicky's rating 8.5 / 10

Details on their web-site.

• Hiking and Walking