Know about this?
Beware of dangerese coastline
When enjoying the breathtaking view of Nova Scotoa's Coastline beware of the dangers of huge rogue waves. Although some of the coastline melts into wide beaches most has a very rugged cliff stewn edge. Many people have lost there lives walking too far out on the rocks and being swept out to the ocean . This is especially true around the tourist area of Peggy's Cove.
- Whale Watching
- Road Trip
Peggy's Cove is a very popular...
Peggy's Cove is a very popular tourist destination. It is a 'typical' fishing village (as typical as tourist traps get anyways) - that is exposed to the sea. Nova Scotia's history and culture is tied intricately to the sea, so you should see this. The best time to see Peggy's Cove is after a storm and you can see the waves crash onto the rocks. It is awe inspiring seeing the waves crash. BUT it is dangerous. Deadly so. Even when it is calm out, a rogue wave could snatch you, so be careful and don't approach the water. The signs are not kidding when it states that people have been killed. Aside from that, storms - winter storms - are the best times to come and feel small next to the power of the ocean.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Halifax Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Coimbatore Hotels
- Diamond Beach Hotels
- Ballinteer Hotels
- Belawan Hotels
- Milwaukee Warnings and Dangers
- Boston Warnings and Dangers
- Seoul Warnings and Dangers
- Guatemala City Warnings and Dangers
- Bali Warnings and Dangers
- Sousse Warnings and Dangers
- Kodaikanal Warnings and Dangers
- Miami Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Kochi Warnings and Dangers
- Bad Neighbourhoods
- Rangoon Warnings and Dangers
- Sorrento Warnings and Dangers