Ingonish Travel Guide

by Over60

Ingonish Things to Do

• Over60's Profile Photo

by Over60 Updated Apr 4, 2011

My wife and I made the whale watching tour operated by the Sea Visions service in Ingonish. We only saw a couple of small whales, but the trip itself was well worth the price. The scenery is beautiful, the staff were helpful, and the afternoon was very interesting. Doing this by sail is a very pleasant contrast to the loud and obnoxious Zodiaks that are usually used in the whale watching industry. We enjoyed the quieter and gentler approach, and I can imagine that the whales did too.

• Over60's Profile Photo

by Over60 Written Apr 7, 2008

I recommend the Franey trail, which is inside the national park near Ingonish. The trailhead is about a half mile up a gravel road from the Cape Breton Trail. The trail goes to a high rock outcropping with some nice views. There are two parallel routes to the top. My aging knees don't like steep downhill walks very much, so I chose the very steep and somewhat challenging route for the ascent and the gentler one, which follows an abandoned road, for the return. The trail is not heavily used, so there are lots of opportunities to enjoy the mountain solitude. We did see moose in the general area, but I saw none on this trail.

• National/State Park

36743 Cabot Trail, P.O. Box 39, Ingonish, B0C1K0, Canada

Satisfaction: Poor

Good for: Families

Instant Answers: Ingonish

Comments

Ingonish Travel Guide
Map of Ingonish