Cambridge What to Pack

Don't dress too warm!

by sim1 Updated Apr 14, 2003

inside the butterfly conservatory

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear:
    Be aware that it is very warm in the greenhouse. The Conservatory will range in temperature from 24°C(75°F) to 28°C(82°F) year round with a high humidity. So it's best to wear some light clothes when going to the butterfly conservatory. Hahaha, I tried to adjust to these summer like temperatures, but I still was dressed too warm. It was especially hot while standing in the sunshine inside the conservatory.... and that's actually where most of the butterflies are, hahaha, so I was here most of the time. it was a cold day outside, so I didn't want to dress too lightly and catch a cold. And I didn't want to walk around with a sweater over my arm all the time either.

The nature trail is seperate from the butterfly conservatory, so you can go back to your car to put on a sweater or coat if you like before you start your hike.

• sim1's Profile Photo

Photo equipment

by sim1 Updated Apr 24, 2003

Taking photos inside the conservatory

Photo Equipment:
    I had a great day with lots of light in the conservatory because of the sunshine outside. But even in these conditions it was great to have a high speed film. So I would suggest using a 800 iso film when you want to take photos here. When you don't use a strong zoom like I did a 400 iso film would be sufficient.
    I know not all of you have this, but it is best to have a good zoom lens with a macro function to make some wonderful photos of the butterflies. The butterflies do allow you to come quite close to them so taking photos with a normal camera woudn't be a problem either. Tripods are not allowed in the conservatory.
    Take plenty of film! Because you probably can't get enough of taking picture of all the different butterflies and flowers! Hahaha, at least I couldn't :-)

• Photography
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Zoo

Instant Answers: Cambridge

Comments

Cambridge What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Cambridge what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cambridge sightseeing.