Cobourg Restaurants

WOODLAWN INN
    by Fergie01
    Click on Map to get a better look
    by Alisha_Markle
  • Restaurants
    by three_baller53

Most Recent Restaurants in Cobourg

• kehale's Profile Photo

The Buttermilk Cafe: Stop for a Bite

by kehale Written Sep 17, 2013

We stopped in this little cafe in downtown Cobourg after paying a visit to our wedding venue in August of 2013. The look of the place both inside and out left a little to be desired, but the staff were great and we enjoyed our experience. I don't remember what everyone else ordered, but I was having a hard time deciding since their special had already sold out (we were a little late for lunch). The server recommended I try the California Chicken Wrap as it was a favourite of many visitors. I agreed to give it a try and was glad I did. It was fresh and not too filling - perfect on a hot summer day!

If you pay a visit to the area, I would say maybe try here for breakfast! Apparently it is what they are best known for!

• Cory_Spicer's Profile Photo

Oasis: Don't Miss The Great Varieties!

by Cory_Spicer Updated Apr 4, 2011

It is a very clean, nice restaurant. During the summer and fall they open up their patio which where you can be seated to eat. It is beautiful.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish is the Cajan Chicken dinner. It is a very spicey juicy chicken dinner with potatoes. It is very good. It's DELICIOUS!

• Luxury Travel

• Fergie01's Profile Photo

Woodlawn Terrace Inn: Fine Dining

by Fergie01 Updated Aug 24, 2006

WOODLAWN INN

Woodlawn Terrace Inn, is an old home, it is a beautiful historic place in Cobourg. It is nicely decorated for a fine dining experience. We had our wedding reception here! Great food and service. It is also a place to stay over night, very clean, includes a breakfast, I think ? It has been awhile since I stayed there. You may need to phone them and confirm that.

Favorite Dish: I usually go thru the week too enjoy their buffet, soup, salad, main course; Roast Beef or Turkey, which is all you can eat for $9.95, on weekends it is higher. They also have a Fine Dining Menu, after the lunch.

• Business Travel

The Buttermilk Cafý: The Buttermilk Cafý

by Pierre_Rouss Updated May 11, 2004

Family restaurant with great menu.
    It was funny how we found that place. We were driving off the 401 and not knowing where to eat. So passed the first series of fast food, we see this restaurant with only a sign outside announcing a Canadian roast. Well, that looked like an idea.
    The owner came to asked how we found the place, and when she found out that we stopped there on our way to Toronto, she thanked us LOL
    We thanked her for the quality and selection of the food.

Favorite Dish: Actually only one of our party of five had the roast, I had tenderloin with rosemary and ginger sauce, there were pasta dishes, seafood, all very good.
    Hummm, each menu item seems to try to be original and different and succeed.
    Definitely not an ordinary dinner or family reataurant.
    Nice Smithwicks on tap to clense the palate!

My number 1 discovery as a must stop, easy to miss!

Oasis Bar & Grill: Oasis Bar & Grill

by Pierre_Rouss Written May 11, 2004

Also includes Crabby Carol's Raw Oyster Bar, a little box with oyster on ice in a corner.

Fun bar area, outside terrace, great menu and friendly welcome and service.
    Therefore my number 1 recommendation for a fun place with diverse enough menu that permits you to return numerous time and have something great each time.

Right down MY alley!

Favorite Dish: Always something interesting and different on the today's special.
    Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, Guiness on tap (and others).

MacGregor's Restaurant & Pub: MacGregor's Restaurant & Pub

by Pierre_Rouss Written May 11, 2004

I guess I can give my impression although I just went in to have a look and decide if I wanted to eat there.
    The restaurant is like an old english pub, with warm ambiance and lots of room.

Licensed pub & restaurant with full menu. Opened 7 days a week 11:00am to 1:00am

Favorite Dish: The menu looks varied and quite typical of pub/tavern food.
    And the beer looks pretty good too ;-)

• Business Travel
    • Beer Tasting

• Hoo Lee Gardens: Chinese Food!

by Nichole_Lawrence Written Feb 9, 2004

Hoo Lee Gardens is located on the south end of downtown on King street. It's a sit down or take out resaurant with all kinds of chinese food but just incase you don't like chinese, they also have burgers and fries.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish to eat when I go to Hoo Lee is the chicken balls, fried rice, and the egg rolls. Lots of flavour and vegetables! VERY GOOD FOOD!

• Nick_Murchie's Profile Photo

The Buttermilk Cafe: The Best Breakfast Around

by Nick_Murchie Written Feb 9, 2004

The Buttermilk Cafe serves all meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Supper), but specializes in breakfast. The breakfast is served from 6:00a.m. - 2:00p.m. You really get your moneys worth here. They serve delicious food for a great price and the service is excellent.

Favorite Dish: The Cafe Burger and croquets.

• three_baller53's Profile Photo

Macgregors Restaurant: Great Food, Good Times

by three_baller53 Written Feb 8, 2004

The restuarant is like an old english pub, it makes it speacial because it is a very friendly atmosphere, and very good quality food

Favorite Dish: The best dish that is offered at macgregors would have to be the garlic bread, and their wings

• Dark_Reflections's Profile Photo

East Side Mario's: Ravioli? Holy Cannoli!

by Dark_Reflections Written Feb 8, 2004

(Gotta love that Chris Farely title..) Ah yes, East Side Mario's. This place makes me feel like I'm in Little Italy sometimes. I love going to East Side Mario's, and for good reasons. The food is "magnifico", and the overall atmosphere is very welcoming.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish is probably the Cheese Capoletti. Just thinking about it makes me want some. Its basically cheese filled noodles oven baked in a thick tomato sauce, and then topped with melted cheese. I love Italian food (mostly pasta), I guess thats why I like it so much.

• bc_4's Profile Photo

Macgregors restaraunt and pub: Macgregors

by bc_4 Written Feb 6, 2004

The food here is unbeliveably good. You would probably go back again as long as you are staying or visiting in Cobourg. This restaraunt is so special because they offer more than most restaurants do such as tv programs that you want to watch or shoot darts or even play pool.

Favorite Dish: My favourite meal in this restaurant is the Macgrgors club wrap with fries. I like this so much with the fresh veggies and chicken and the fresh cut fries.

• Soguel's Profile Photo

The Oasis Bar and Grill: Looking for your own Oasis?

by Soguel Written Feb 5, 2004

This restaurant has a nice warm feel to it. It is clean and has a sun room which extends onto a large patio where, in the summer you can enjoy your meal in the quiet of downtown. The Oasis is on King st. and very close to the beach. So when you're done sun bathing for the day you can have a great meal. The food is awesome! A great place for the whole family

• Trina_Craggs's Profile Photo

East Side Marios: mmm Italian

by Trina_Craggs Written Feb 3, 2004

East Side Mario's is an upbeat place with great food and good service. The people there are friendly and the menu has something for everyone. East Side Mario's is definitely a personal favourite.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish is the lasagne. The lasagne is fresh baked and smothered in cheese and a tasty tomato sauce.

• Beaches

• Pizza Hut: PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

by Alisha_Markle Written Sep 9, 2003

Pizza Hut is a great family restaurant. Its a sit down or take out place. Great food, lots of choices and desterts!

Favorite Dish: I like the meal deal. Personal pan Pepperoni Pizza with a small bread sticks with cheese.

• Dairy Queen **Grill and Chill**: Come get it before it melts!

by Alisha_Markle Written Sep 9, 2003
    Dairy Queen--For Hot Eats And Coooool Treats!

Dary Queen is New to our Town. It has all different kinds of ice cream and also has great food. It has a lot of business here in Cobourg.

Favorite Dish: I personaly love their Banana Split. I comes with extra chocolate sauce OR *any sauce of your choice* also any flavour(s) of ice cream and lots of bananas! MMM M MMM

Instant Answers: Cobourg

Comments

Cobourg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cobourg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cobourg sightseeing.