Did you mean?Try your search again
Beautiful countryside, shopping, camping, tubing, kyaking and hiking
It is a summer destination, mosquitoes
In a nutshell
Make most of Elora by camping in the conservation park
I recently found myself visiting the village of elora. a really nice little town.. beautiful scenery, some really neat, unusual shops however the night life was pretty quiet... i have visited elora in the summer months...last time...some yrs ago live jazz music was being played on a boat on the river, though we were there early spring...i guess we were a bit early. anyways this time around my friend and i were looking for something to do in the evening... someone from the elora mill hotel suggested that we take in a movie at the local cinema. as luck had it, they were showing "slum dog millionaire". we had a lovely time...the movie was great, however it was really neat to view it in the cinema itself...a great change from the usual big box movie experience. a very unique cinema!! seems like they are interested in showing not only "box office" hits but also more random and interesting films...i've booked a camping weekend in elora in july with friends..already told them about the cinema...hopefully we will catch a movie...
Written May 10, 2009
How to get to Elora :
From the 401, follow Hwy.6 North through Guelph. Continue on Hwy.6 to County Road No.7. Follow No.7 for about 10 minutes - and Voila! You are in Elora :-)
Written Sep 10, 2002
There are so many fun shops in Elora, and this is one of them : The Bear Cupboard. Take a look at the next picture to see the inside.
Written Sep 10, 2002
Our two bits on few drawbacks:
1. While hiking and camping In summers, it can get very hot and humid. It is advisable that you carry lot of water and wet wipes.
2. Mosquitoes and fruite flies can make your life miserable. Do carry insect repellents.
3. While it can be hot and humid on the ridge, it can get nippy in the gorge near the river, especially when the sun begins to set. Carry light jackets.
4. Tubing can get you wet, especially if you get disbalanced and turn turtle in water. Take couple of extra pairs of clothings and shoeware each time you descend the gorge for water based activities.
5. It can get very crowded on weekends. You can hardly find a camping site to yourself. Don't worry. No one is peeping. Every one is enjoying their own lives. Be good neighbors to others. You can actually make many new friends.
Updated Nov 28, 2005