Hamilton Restaurants

The view
    by Faiza-Ifrah
    The restaurant on the right
    by Faiza-Ifrah
    Mill falls in the background

Most Recent Restaurants in Hamilton

• Bistro Thai and Vietnamese Cuisine: Good FOOD

by westblue Updated Apr 4, 2011

The first time I've been to this place with my friends. She ate here before and recommended me here. The moment i step in the door i felt right at home the decor was very different compared to other Thai restaurants around. i felt welcomed and relaxed. The waitress was friendly and over all service was great. I tried their food, it was well garnished and looks tasty. i tried a bite of their chicken and it was as fresh as can be with mix of vegetables varieties. I don't know how they cook their food , but it was delicious. I now have cravings over their food. Recommend this restaurant to anyone who love Thai food.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Cashew and Hot and Sour Soup

• Dalina's: Fantastic Middle Eastern

by gotodd Updated Apr 4, 2011

We reserved a table at Dalina's for dinner before a Leonard Cohen show at Hamilton Place. We were traveling up from Washington D.C., via Buffalo, and I'd found some nice reviews on-line. Dalina's only has about eight tables so make sure you reserve in advance - particularly on show nights.

I've got a list of favorite restaurants from around the world and Dalina's fits easily in the top ten. We ordered (and split) the following:t he boriac and falafal (made with both chickpeas and fava beans) to open, followed by and eggplant tagine, and the poppyseed cake to finish with our coffee. We also worked our way through two half-carafes of red wine. All of the food is stunningly prepared and perfectly designed. Our waiter, great in his own right, brought us out the chef/owner's special carrot and chilli dip that won over the night even if everything else had gone pear shaped. The menu has just enough options to give choice but it doesn't overwhelm. Neither of us eat meat, I'd suggest just following our recommended order ;) , and there were plenty of options. The meat dishes looked and smelled fabulous.

Splitting worked out perfectlly for us and it only ran to $86. Great value for a great meal

Favorite Dish: carrot and chilli sauce.

• Theater Travel

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo

Ancaster Mill: Seafood over a view of the Falls

by Faiza-Ifrah Written Jul 20, 2010

The view

The restaurant seemed busy on Friday (It is closed on Mondays), food was delicious, but it was the ambience that we admired. What made it special was to actually walk around the restaurant and its neighbourhood admiring landscaping, flowers and the two falls.

Various parking lots offered ample space for parking and the boys started a fencing competition (picture 5)

Favorite Dish: For Lunch:

Cauliflower & Arugula Risotto (parmesan & fresh herbs) $12
    Hearty Linguini Pasta (peas, mushrooms, shallots & ManoRun arugula) $12
    Fresh Fish Special $15

For Dinner (it got expensive here):

Champ mashed maple marinated Alaskan Black Cod, local soya sauce, bok choy, mushrooms & sweet potato gnocchi $27

Pan Seared Red Spring Salmon, black rice, foraged mushrooms & braised farm greens $29

Pan Seared Lake Erie Pickerel green beans, radish, buttered potatoes & rhubarb puree $26

• National/State Park

• Little Saigon Vietnamese Resaturant: Amazing Vietnamese & Thai Food

by mintie2 Updated Jan 7, 2009

It is time to update the Vietnamese & Thai food in Hamilton. There are many Vietnamese & Thai restaurants in Hamilton, but Little Saigon Vietnamese Restaurant offers the best food I have ever eaten in Canada. We found this restauran by accidentially read the Toronto by Night Journal in Sheraton Hotel. After trying their food, we have to agree with the writer this is a hidden gem. We recommend this restaurant to everyone. Check out their website @ http://www.littlesaigon-hamilton.com

• Corktown Pub & Fare: Disappointing

by Shoshin Written Jan 9, 2008

January 9th 2008
    I shall begin with a positive, our server, Di is a treasure, I have had requests for her to be our server every time one of our groups is there.

As to whether we will continue with the Corktown, I am uncertain. We have another larger group (15 to 20) coming in January 23 at 7:30 PM. If there is a repetition of this evenings fiasco, neither group will return. Two people on duty, the menu limited to appetizers when the group had come in expecting a full menu is unacceptable.

Staff was unaware of our reservation, I understand another group came in without a reservation, however that doesn't explain the lack of the full menu we were expecting.

I talked up the quality of the food since you and I met, I had people drooling over my description of the steak & mushroom pie, which the pub was out of tonight. One choice for dessert? No decaf coffee? It is my reputation within my community that is at stake when I recommend a venue, as hostess I am trusted in my choice of venue. There are other such gatherings, why should people come to ours when the offering is so lacking?

I was embarrassed and infuriated, it was only the sweet disposition & attentiveness of Di that kept us from walking out and going to the closest Tim Horton's, not an appropriate venue, but one can at least count on the variety and quality of the food.

You and I had a talk in November, I thought we understood each other, apparently I was mistaken.

Possibly the Corktown is not interested in entertaining people who come to socialize over good food, if that is the case, let me know and I will move the groups.

Favorite Dish: On my first visit the Steak & mushroom pie was delightful.

• Beer Tasting

• Anita_Porec's Profile Photo

Sundried Tomatos: ....the jazz place on the corner

by Anita_Porec Updated Dec 2, 2007

Most days...(i'm really not sure which)...you can listen to live jazz music at the Sundried Tomatos. It's more of a romantic night out or even a girls night out, but nothing too loud.... The place is small, not expensive at all....but nice and classy:)

• Music

• deblaya's Profile Photo

B & T Restaurant: Best Vietnamese Restaurant

by deblaya Updated Jan 19, 2007

At first glance this Vietnamese restaurant is not much to look at. Its cafeteria style seating and the umm fishy odour makes one think twice about dining there. Not to mention that they don't have any problem seating two different dinner parties at the same table. Although this only happens when the place is extremely busy and it often is quite busy! Once you try the food you'll understand why. The best thing on the menu is by far the Pho, followed by the wide variety of other southeast Asian food. The prices are also quite good, so good that when I lived in Hamilton I'd dine there almost every week. When I had a craving for something yummy I'd skip all the fast food places and get my favourite dishes for take-out.

Favorite Dish: Pho (beef noodle soup)
    Spring rolls
    Pork ball rolls
    Pad thai
    Bubble tea

• La Cantina: la cantina...very good brick oven pizza

by claywork59 Written Jul 11, 2006

Awesome. The veghitariana pizza was so good, even my meat-loving family went wild. Unique, flavorful, and filling. Lots of free bread as well. The house salad was huge, included awesome dressing and cranberries.

Cant say enough good about this.

Favorite Dish: see above.

• Singles
    • Gay and Lesbian
    • Eco-Tourism

• mkotarac's Profile Photo

Fool and Flagon: Pubs in Hamilton

by mkotarac Written Nov 17, 2005

This is a local bar on the far east side of Hamilton. It's a good place to go if you want just a drink and bar food. The staff are friendly, and if you visit a couple of times, they'll know your name, drink and life story.
    Crowd here is mixed from the college/university to old folks. Lots of teams and clubs congregate here. Every day there is a deal, like bucket o' beer night, wing night, fish fridays, etc.
    The best part about this place is the NTN network. It's a game that usually involves random trivia from sports, pop culture, histroy, geography (the list could go forever). A good game to play with a pint and a plate of rings!

Favorite Dish: My favourite dishes are the Loaded Fries, honey-garlic wings and the onion rings! Actually, they have the best rings I've ever had. No where else can compare. Pair that with a pint of Strongbow (apple cider beer) and you are a happy camper.

• deblaya's Profile Photo

Main Desserts: Yummy Cake and Tea

by deblaya Written Aug 9, 2005

Great selection of cake, tea, coffee and alcoholic drinks. One slice is often too much for one person and perfect for two. Nice spot for a date or chatting it up with friends. Service is okay. Stylish decor with low lighting. Quite busy Fri and Sat nights expecially during non-summer months since it doesnt't have outdoor seating.

Favorite Dish: Cake, cake and more cake.

• SHOCKZ's Profile Photo

Your Place: Good Eats but struggling service

by SHOCKZ Written Sep 1, 2004
    Our waitress eating breakfast

The Bacon and Eggs were pretty good. But then again I guess you gotta be an idiot to screw up Bacon and Eggs. The homefries were amazing. The service was pretty brutal on our first visit. The stunna waitress didn't bring out our coffees until after we were served our food and she forgot my buddies orange juice. Needless to say she was about 90 years old and probably had Alzheimer's. Regardless we still came back the next day for the homefries.

Favorite Dish: The Homefries

• RB_Oakes's Profile Photo

Hamilton Market: Farmer's delights

by RB_Oakes Written Apr 24, 2004

The best place to eat in Hamilton bar none. The market is located south of Jackson Square, in the same complex. You'll find everything you expect in a market - cheese shops, salami, fish stalls, baked goods of all descriptions, ethnic foods (polish, caribbean, latin american, portuguese, lebanese) and a few small take-out places. Mennonite products are available on the lower level, tucked in behind and underneath the escalators. They specialize in sausages, but also have eggs and delicious kamiak cheese, which is a complex cream cheese made from goat's milk - miles ahead of Philly for cheesecake making.

A hunk of bread, a piece of farmhouse cheese and some salami, maybe a local apple or peach bought from the farmer - now that's lunch.

• Anita_Porec's Profile Photo

Infusions: sandwiches, coffe, chillin'

by Anita_Porec Written Jan 31, 2003

Closest, cooles place for chillin'.
    Lots of gay people, so if that's what you are looking for - here it is! The gayest little coffee chop in Hamilton! It is great.... the sandwiches are awesome and the list of specialty coffees is fab!

• CarolineD's Profile Photo

We love'Walt's Beanery with...

by CarolineD Written Aug 24, 2002

We love'Walt's Beanery with Taps' restaurant, Jackson Square Mall, Hamilton..

They have photo's all over the walls of people wearing their t-shirts in all sorts of places that they've been to on their vacations! I love the atmosphere the waiters & waitresses are great!

Favorite Dish: They have great specials but I most remember one meal that we had which was, chicken with spicy gravy over it & served with horseradish mashed potatoes & broccoli. We were hooked & ever since we got back home to England we always do our mash that way! They also do great Canadian, American & Mexican food!

Instant Answers: Hamilton

Comments

Hamilton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hamilton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hamilton sightseeing.