Ingersoll Travel Guide

Ingersoll Things to Do

• CdnJane's Profile Photo
    Main buidling of the Museum 2 more images

by CdnJane Updated May 29, 2006

On our way back from London, MissAntarctica and I decided to see if the Cheese Museum was open. Well, first, when you come off the road, you must remember that signs are on buildings on the RIGHT as well as the left! Otherwise you take a very lovely drive through a nice park.
    Being that it was approaching 5pm and a cold, rainy day, it wasn't the best day for museums, and most of it was closed. The lovely young ladies that were about to close up explained that they were refurbishing the place, but if we didn't mind the mess we were welcome to come in.
    We were amazed at a wonderful wood carving - completely in wood, about 4 different types, I believe, done by an elderly gentleman over 13 years. It was over 21 feet long, and showed the Pennsylvania Dutch taking their Oxen carts on their travels to reach the Ingersoll area. The trees and leaves, and grass, were all made of wood, as well as all the harnesses on the oxen.... EVERYTHING carved. It was amazing... only wish we had been able to take a picture of it. Worth the drive. There were other interesting displays. I think that I'd like to return on a day when things were all fixed up and the other buildings were open.

Ingersoll Hotels

Instant Answers: Ingersoll

Comments

Ingersoll Travel Guide
Map of Ingersoll