Killbear Point Provincial Park Local Customs

by sim1

Most Recent Local Customs in Killbear Point Provincial Park

Funny mailboxes

Funny mailbox

Hahaha, it's hard to recognize... but it is a mailbox! Yep, lots of crazy and creative mailboxes around. And I looooveee this one! I enjoy spotting these crazy mailboxes, and I actually have a whole collection of them here on VT. You can find them on the travelogue of my North America page.

• Photography

Inuksuk

by sim1 Updated Jun 5, 2003

On this picture you can see an Inuksuk. An inuksuk is a pile of stones arranged in the likeness of a human being. The Inuit People of the Artic used them for marking trails, indicating caches of food, nearby people, or helping in hunting large herds of caribou.
    I just love to see those Inuksuk! And I have a feeling that there are more and more of them in Ontario. You can see them along the roads (especially around Parry Sound) and also quite often on the trails in the provincial parks. Each and every one of them is unique! Some are small, some are big, but they are all slightly different. I know they traditionally don't belong in this part of Canada, but they are wonderful to see.
    For me the Inuksuk symbolizes travel, and that's one thing I love so much. Maybe that's why I love this symbol of the Inuksuk so much :-)

• National/State Park
    • Photography

Moose mailbox?

Moose Mailbox?

I am always in doubt what it exactly is when I see this mailbox, hahaha, is it a moose.... or what is it?

Instant Answers: Killbear Point Provincial Park

Comments

Killbear Point Provincial Park Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Killbear Point Provincial Park local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Killbear Point Provincial Park sightseeing.

View all Killbear Point Provincial Park hotels