Places to eat in London

Most Viewed Restaurants in London

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Smoke's Poutinerie: Poutine

by Dabs Updated Aug 10, 2010

We decided to stop in London to grab a bite to eat instead of waiting until Niagara Falls, we didn't have any idea what we would find in London but I'm glad we drove the extra few miles past strip after strip of chain restaurants along Wellington Street from Highway 401 and found the downtown area which looked like it had a wide selection of unique non chain places to eat. While poutine is a Quebec specialty, we decided to try Smoke's when we saw it, after I got home I found that it is a multiple location poutine restaurant in Ontario but at least it wasn't something I could easily get back home. Service is very fast and there are a few tables and seats in the window.

Favorite Dish: Poutine is a heart attack in a box, french fries topped with gravy and squeaky cheese curds. If you want to ensure that you will have a heart attack, add on some meat, we decided to get the Montreal with smoked meat, a pickle and mustard on top of ours. We ordered the large size to split between the two of us ($8.99) and that was more than enough food, it was very tasty. Poutine is the only thing on the menu here, there are 20 or so choices or you can create your own heart attack in a box.

Smoked meat poutine Smoke's Poutinerie John Vezmar loves cheese curds

• Redlats's Profile Photo

The Tasting Room: Tasty food, Noisy atmosphere

by Redlats Updated Oct 11, 2008

The Tasting room's claim to fame is the fact that they have some menu selections which let the customer taste four different wines or four different appetizers.

They have a great central location on busy Richmond Street. The disadvantage of the restaurant is that the bar and restaurant share a relatively small space and we found dinner conversation difficult as we were yelling at each other to be heard. There are a few tables that would be quieter, but we were placed beside the bar.

Reservations are necessary - especially on Friday and Saturday evenings

Favorite Dish: Our party tried four different selections and were happy with the food and presentation. We tried a rack of lamb, a steak and two chicken dishes. The food was grilled as we ordered it and as you can see the presentation is fine.

Rack of lamb Ribeye steak

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

CRABBY JOE'S TAP & GRILL: GOOD FOOD -- GOOD FUN!

by LoriPori Updated Sep 28, 2008

May 21, 2006
    Hans and I drove up to London, as Valerie (Tropicgirl) and Ken were in town and we were meeting up with them for lunch. Also there was Jane (CDNJane) and Melissa (Sibella).
    We all met up at CRABBY JOE'S TAP & GRILL at 557 Wellington S.
    Hans had Joe's Ribs & Wings Combo ($17.99) - half rack of Joe's BBQ Ribs, chicken wings & served with french fries. I had the Classic Burger ( $7.99). Joe's Burgers are charbroiled and served open faced with lettuce, tomatoes, red onions and pickles with your choice of hearty soup, coleslaw or fries Both meals were delicious.
    Crabby Joe's offers casual, family friendly dining with big screen TV's.
    Also available are baby back ribs - $15.00 all day every day, salads, pasta, wraps, fajitas and steaks & Kids Menu.
    Other Crabby Joe's in London are:
    670 Oxford St. W. 657-6888
    1449 Dundas St. E. 453-4000
    276 Dundas St. 645-4880

Favorite Dish: Update
    September 21, 2008
    Hans and I drove up to London again, this time to meet up with Redlats (Fred & Sandy), CDNJane (Jane), MissAntarctica2002 (Stephanie) and Hayward68 (Laura). Again we met at Crabby Joe's. This time Hans had Chicken Fingers with mashed potatoes ($9.49) and I had a wonderful Turkey Club Sandwich on Ciabetta Bread ($6.99) and we shared an Xango dessert ($5.99).

Crabby Joe's Tap & Grill My Turkey Club Sandwich Hans' Chicken Fingers

• Redlats's Profile Photo

Mythic Grill: Greek food

by Redlats Updated Sep 13, 2008

Greek food. Small restaurant. Downtown London. Attentive Telly Savalas type of waiter. We don't eat out often, and are always surprised at the total price at the end.

Favorite Dish: Three of us were eating, we each had souvlaki - one Pork, one Chicken and one Beef. The meals were nicely done, perhaps the pork was best. We had calamari as an appetizer and that was great.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

MING'S BUFFET: GREAT SELECTIONS FOR LUNCH

by LoriPori Updated Jul 15, 2008

Thursday, July 12, 2007
    Hans and I took a nice drive to London, Ontario. It's about an hour and a half drive from our house. We checked out the Visitor's Information Center and then looked for a place to have lunch. I had a craving for Chinese buffet, so we drove down Dundas and parked the car. Lo and behold there was a Chinese Buffet restaurant right across the street. Couldn't believe it!! So we went into MING'S BUFFET, checked out what they had to offer, looked good and then sat down. It wasn't a huge buffet, but what they offered looked delicious and fresh. I had chicken wings, stir-fry beef, broccoli, sweet-and-sour chicken balls / pork, bean sprouts with green peppers and onions, spring roll, won ton soup, etc. They offered a small, but sufficient fruit and pastry bar.
    All in all it was very satisfying and economically priced at $6.99 for the lunch (Dinner is $9.95).
    Ming's also offers a la carte, combination plates for $5.95, Family dinners for two, three, four five and six and take-out orders.

Update: Tuesday, July 15, 2008
    Ate here again and the lunch buffet is now $7.95 and Dinner is still $9.95

Ming's Buffet Buffet My plate of food

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Crabby Joe's: Not a seafood restaurant, even with that name

by CdnJane Updated May 25, 2006

I picked out the restaurant because
    1) It was on Wellington Street which was easy for us all to access from the highway,
    2) The menu looked like it would suit all tastes,
    3) At the time I thought we were going to have a youngster with us and it seemed like a kid friendly place; and
    4) I just found the website interesting and fun.

The staff were friendly on the phone when I made the booking and subsequent changes to the booking. They were equally friendly when we were there, and seemed to have no problem with us being there for a long time. Of course, the restaurant wasn't busy, so we weren't making people wait for us to clear out.

Favorite Dish: The Grilled Garlic Bread with cheese was yummy... maybe a little too much pepper on it, but still good.
    The Bacon-Cheeseburger was delicious.
    Brought us a couple of jugs of water, and kept coffee and soft drink glasses full.
    Excellent strawberry cheesecake.

All in all ... good. Thanks to Hansi for the use of his pictures.

Crabby Joe's Front Door The VTers less Hansi as the meal wraps up...

London Hotels

Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Eastcourt London Motel
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: London

Comments

London Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and London locals.
Map of London