Know about this? Rate It!
Paying a (Dare)devil's ransom?
According to some older guides and Internet reviews, access to the Daredevil Gallery is free, but it seems that since the renovation work was done in 2009-2010, there is now an admission fee of nearly $10/adult (after taxes).
While seeing and touching the barrels used by the daredevils (and reading their history) was interesting, I cannot see how anyone could spend more than 20 to 30 minutes in this relatively small exhibit. I won't go so far as to say that this place was a tourist trap, but I do consider it overpriced.
I would recommend buying a combined ticket called the SkyMax Combo that includes, along with entry to the Daredevil Gallery, a viewing of an IMAX movie about the history of the Niagara Falls (the Daredevil Gallery is located inside the pyramid-shaped IMAX Theatre) and access to the nearby Skylon Tower observation level. Basically, it comes to seeing the movie or going up the tower for free.
The address of the IMAX Theatre and Daredevil Gallery is:
6170 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 7T8.
- Budget Travel
- Family Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Niagara Falls Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Stamford Bridge Hotels
- Saint Louis Hotels
- Little Tybee Island Hotels
- Dominican Republic
- Point Dume State Beach Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path