Know about this? Rate It!
Paying a (Dare)devil's ransom?
According to some older guides and Internet reviews, access to the Daredevil Gallery is free, but it seems that since the renovation work was done in 2009-2010, there is now an admission fee of nearly $10/adult (after taxes).
While seeing and touching the barrels used by the daredevils (and reading their history) was interesting, I cannot see how anyone could spend more than 20 to 30 minutes in this relatively small exhibit. I won't go so far as to say that this place was a tourist trap, but I do consider it overpriced.
I would recommend buying a combined ticket called the SkyMax Combo that includes, along with entry to the Daredevil Gallery, a viewing of an IMAX movie about the history of the Niagara Falls (the Daredevil Gallery is located inside the pyramid-shaped IMAX Theatre) and access to the nearby Skylon Tower observation level. Basically, it comes to seeing the movie or going up the tower for free.
The address of the IMAX Theatre and Daredevil Gallery is:
6170 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 7T8.
- Budget Travel
- Family Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Niagara Falls Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Bicutan Hotels
- Anuradhapura Hotels
- Province of Tarlac
- Acornhoek Hotels
- Matandang Naujan Hotels
- Orlando Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- Montreal Off The Beaten Path
- Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Dallas Off The Beaten Path
- Madrid Off The Beaten Path
- Trondheim Off The Beaten Path
- Arkansas Off The Beaten Path