Places to eat in Niagara Falls

• Restaurants
    by kemisteryoso
  • Another tour group gathering in front of the door
    Another tour group gathering in front of...
    by brazwhazz
  • Restaurants
    by alyf1961

Most Viewed Restaurants in Niagara Falls

• EduardoH's Profile Photo

Al Macs Buffet: Scam and Shameful

by EduardoH Written Jan 11, 2014

Yesterday was the first and last time that my family and I will step in Al Mac's.
    When the word's False advertisement are mentioned to me Al Macs picture will be clearly in my mind.

The price in their flashing sign is so deceiving people don't realize it until you step into the restaurant.

We arrive at 10 am for what we thought would be a great eating experience just to be shocked at the deceit of the pricing. Yes Adults are 6.99 for the breakfast buffet but then they tell you that any child no matter the age is 5.99 and that a cup of juice is 3.99 and a tea or coffee is 2.99.

The buffet which is not that big to merit the price left a lot to be desired. The scrambled eggs were runny and cold. The supposed to be Belgian Waffles were hard as a rock, the pancakes were extremely dense and tasteless, the hash browns split when you tried to place them in you plate, the oatmeal was overcooked and uneatable. The highlight of the buffet was the Greek yogurt, rice pudding and apple sauce.

I called upon the waitress and advised that my 3 year old did not eat any of his meal because he had a stomach flu and didn't want to eat; she went to speak to a supervisor to try to assist but the manager who I believe was actually the owner came to tell us that we would have to pay because the food was on the plate.

When we requested for a glass of water we were advised that they don't give water for free that we would have to purchase a bottle of spring water.

After such a horrible experience we received the bill at an outrageous cost of 46.00 for two adult and two infant buffets, a glass of apple juice, a glass of orange juice and a cup of tea.

I can truly say that the word that best describes this meal is Scam and shameful.

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Clifton Hill Family Restaurant: Clifton Hill Family Restaurant

by kemisteryoso Written Jan 21, 2013

This is the only restaurant I have been to when I was in Niagara. After walking around I am dead tired and I don't have enough energy to scan around so I tried this restaurant at the heart of Niagara's entertainment district across Skywheel. Well, for me nothing fancy, their menu is just ordinary like any other typical diner. I just had a burger and Ice tea but the service is good and the staff are friendly and I don't have any hard time ordering. The place is clean and not cluttered as of my visit. I just enjoyed looking at people walking outside while chewing every bite.

• brazwhazz's Profile Photo

New York Restaurant: In New York, do as the... Chinese do

by brazwhazz Written Nov 2, 2012

It may be the Chinese restaurant with the least Chinese-sounding name ever, but not only was it recommended to us by the hotel staff, it also received several East Asian tour groups. Unable to argue against these two signs, we tried it out.

A nice thing about this place is that they do take-out orders, which allowed me to take our supper back to our hotel room nearby. The menu is varied and includes both combinations for one person and full course dinners for 2-6 people (great when you want to taste a bit of everything). Prices are very reasonable as well. When you've had your fill of fast food, restaurants like this one are a welcome change.

The New York Restaurant is open every day from 11:30 a.m. to late in the night (12:00 a.m. Monday-Thursday, 1:30 a.m. Friday-Saturday, 11:30 p.m. Sunday).

Another tour group gathering in front of the door

• brazwhazz's Profile Photo

Mama Mia's: Good, filling Italian food

by brazwhazz Written Oct 31, 2012

Amid all the flashy places and signs competing for your attention (and your money), Mama Mia's doesn't really stand out... except perhaps for that giant picture of a smiling Italian mamma over its door.

Located just off Clifton Hill on Victoria Avenue, it offers better and healthier food than many of its neighbours. Don't expect to make any culinary discoveries here, the food is straightforward Italian fare served in a family-friendly setting.

We had lunch here on our first day in Niagara Falls and never found a better lunch menu elsewhere: a choice of 10 different dishes, each under $10. Both the spaghetti and veal parmigiana did their job of keeping my stomach satisfied until supper.

• catiemak's Profile Photo

Frijoles Fresh Mex Burritos: Burritos are Buenisimo

by catiemak Written Apr 10, 2012

The food was delicious, huge build your own burritos, the biggest burritos we had ever seen. The staff service was energetic and efficient. Small and quaint restaurant, mexican style. Great place to take the kids.

Favorite Dish: Beef burrito with all the fixings.

• catiemak's Profile Photo

Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse and Buffet: Bravo to Brasa

by catiemak Written Apr 10, 2012

Upon entering, the buffet should be enough to satisfy any person's hunger however when you find out that you have unlimited meat with waiters anticipating your request by turning over your green disc to signal that you are ready .... you have no other desire than to try every piece they have to offer. Stuffed and satisfied and well worth the cost.

Favorite Dish: The buffet is the best, just so much to choose from and suitable for all dietary needs.

• Luxury Travel

• My Cousin Vinny's: A bit of Old Italy in Niagara

by Terry52345 Written Feb 10, 2012

We stopped by this place decorated in the style of Little Italy New york very cheerful.
    In the summer there was a wonderful patio surrounded by well kept gardens.
    Service is quick with a fun staff and in the summer sometimes a live band. It has a very central location

Favorite Dish: My favourite is the Lasagna it tasted home made and lots of warm bread to go with it. The greek salads were delicous also. There was a nice selection of desserts as well.

• Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism

• Volcano Pizzaria: Delicious Wings and Pizza!

by Terry52345 Written Feb 10, 2012

Quick counter service and friendly staff make this a local favourite.
    Delicous wings and pizza with plenty of cheese, pepporoni and mushrooms!
    Pizza is always hot and made with delicous ingredients

Favorite Dish: My favourite is the simple cheese and pepporoni pizza with a small order of wings.
    It has a delicous crust and the wings are just the right flavour with your choice of mild medium or hot selections. They taste like Wings that you get in the states.

• Spa and Resort

• Savoury & Sweet: A Taste of the Danube on Niagara's banks

by Magelanist Written Nov 26, 2011

Tucked away in a village called Chippawa, part of Niagara Falls, is a cafe that really surprised me. Located on Bridgewater St. facing the river park, its setting is ideal. What caught my eye was the menu posted on the window: sophisticated dishes in the Continental styled, all at affordable prices.
    Chief inspiration is Hungrian cuisine, but there are hints of German, Polish, even French cooking. You can select goulas of various meats; paprikas, stuffed cabbage, stuffed pepper, exquisite liver dishes, schnitzel, and lots of other classics. All foods are prepared without pre-made ingredients, so the quality is amazing.
    Of particular interest are the palascintas, the central-European version of French crêpes. They are offered with an astonishing variety of fillings, both savoury and sweet; so you can have them all by themselves, or as dessert. Nothing to complain about here, and they can also cook the meals without wheat gluten -- even the crêpes.

Favorite Dish: Too many to metion; but I'd go with the Pork Stew and mashed potatoes, with a side of sweet/sour cabbage or cucumber salad.

• Museum Visits

• Savoury and Sweet: Savoury Meals and Sweet Crepe Treats

by tamasbr Written Apr 25, 2011

New York coffee shop restaurant decor, comfortable without being snobby. Casual ambiance.
    Appropriate name as there is a wide selection of savoury dishes and if you have a sweet tooth, lots to choose from as well. They have a continental menu: Belgium waffles,French crepes, hungarian palacsinta pancakes, Britany Crepes, Austrian Schnitzel, Italian Lasagna, Greek Salad, Hungarian Chicken Paprika, French Quiche and so on. Kids menu was also available. A senior couple asked for half portions - no problem. Prices were reasonable, Food very very tasty.

Favorite Dish: Home Made Thick with meat and vegetables soup, see photo to believe for $3.75 small bowl.
    Chicken Paprika with home made noodles or spatzli and cucumber salad for $7.80 with a paprika sauce , and followed by a palacsinta consisting of strawberries with fruit Sauce and topped with Whipped Cream for $4.50 which was so good that I almost ordered a second.

Ujhazi Chicken Soup

• szandail63's Profile Photo

Savoury & Sweet: Niagara Parkway- European Restaurant

by szandail63 Updated Apr 22, 2011

We found this restaurant by chance, hearing a radio advertisement that it has just opened.
    We searched for Hungarian food the day before since we are Hungarians- our daughter loves palacsinta. So the radio advertisement was in the nick of time. We found the Restaurant along the Niagara Parkway, crossed a little bridge and it was right there. Very comfortable and pleasant. I ordered Chicken Paprika, my little girl had a jam filled pancake, and my husband opted for the Spinach and Feta Cheese pancake. We all had the daily soup which that day was a chicken soup well known in our home country - Ujhazi. Everything we ate was to our satisfaction - and we were suprised that the flavours and meals was as if we were still in our homeland. The best palacsinta according to our little girl. My husband loved his palacsinta and I enjoyed the Chicken Paprika with the pinched noodles. Too bad we were leaving Niagara Falls the next day or we would have been there again.

Favorite Dish: Spinach and Feta Cheese with Sour-cream topping
    Gundel with Rum Sauce
    Ricotta Cheese, Lemon Grinds and Raisins

• raevnzno's Profile Photo

The Famous: Art Deco YUM!

by raevnzno Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Famous is a 24 hour, upscale diner. You can find it in the Fallsview Casino. It is decorated in Art Deco, and the service was very reminicent of bygone days. Quick, efficient, and very friendly.
    The food was fresh and hot, and the portions were perfect.

Favorite Dish: I had the veggie omlet. The veggies were not overcooked and very fresh.
    My companion had the pea-meal bacon breakfast. She absolutely loved it. said it reminded her of the fresh pork that she would get on her grandmothers farm when she was a little bit .... pea-meal bacon is canadian bacon, canadian style. Not anything like we're served in the states, and much better tasting.

• National/State Park

• spgood301's Profile Photo

The Falls and Firkin: A good firkin' place to eat and drink

by spgood301 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Falls and Firkin is the newest in the (as I recently discovered) chain of Firkin pubs in Canada and the US. It's in the Fallsview Resort & Casino, on the ground floor right next to the Horseshoe Falls. I really enjoy places like this, for the friendly service, the good food and the beer on tap. I kept it simple foodwise, just had the grilled cheese and fries. Should've had a salad, but I was on holiday! It was quite tasty.

They have about 15 beers on tap. May I suggest you try the Butler's Pale Ale? It's made exclusively for the Firkin pubs, and it's quite good. They also draw a fine pint of Guinness. Not that anyone on VT drinks Guinness, of course ;-)

I hung out here for a few hours after seeing the Falls, sat at the bar, watched some football and talked to some fun people. The Falls and Firkin is a great place to stop, for a break from whatever it is you're doing at the Falls.

• kris-t's Profile Photo

The love boat: Steak & Seafood

by kris-t Updated Jan 9, 2011

Welcome Aboard Niagara’s First Choice for Dining!

Favorite Dish: The lovely place with good atmosphere and meal, good and unobtrusive service. Just pleasant impressions. We recommend this cute little restaurant to anyone and everyone.

The love boat The love boat The love boat
    • Women's Travel

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Zappi's Pizza: Pizza near the tourist area

by Dabs Updated Aug 12, 2010

This was another recommendation that I got from Trip Advisor, we try pizza just about everywhere we visit and I didn't want to eat at a chain pizza place.

Maybe we just picked a bad time to come but the atmosphere was like Chuckie Cheese, there was a table of 8-10 kids next to us and a table of 8-12 adults behind us, the kids were actually better behaved than the adults who were talking so loud that they probably could hear them on the US side of the Falls! After the restaurant started filling up a bit, the large groups weren't nearly as annoying, I guess the other customers were absorbing their loud voices. There is also an outdoor seating area which might have been the better choice on this particular evening.

Service was extremely fast, our pizza was out in less than 15 minutes. The owner, who you can see on the video on the website listed below, was in the restaurant while we were there so he's obviously very hands on. I just wish he would have told the loud yappers to shut up :-)

Favorite Dish: The pizza was pretty good, I found a coupon online (see website below) for $10.95 for a large 2 item pizza which was a great deal. With drinks our meal was less than $15CDN, a bargain for Niagara Falls.

pizza Zappi's Pizza

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Sheraton On The Falls
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews

Instant Answers: Niagara Falls

Comments

Niagara Falls Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Niagara Falls locals.
Map of Niagara Falls