Ripleys Believe It Or Not! Museum, Niagara Falls

by kemisteryoso
  • kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Ripley's Believe it or not Museum

by kemisteryoso Updated Jan 21, 2013

This is one among the 31 Believe It or not Odditoriums around the world.Good for everyone of you like to see unique oddities, rare film footages, bizarre artifacts, usual arts, puzzles, illusions and amazing discoveries. I saw strange things here that I don't even know ever existed and also shocked with some artifacts like the shrunken heads of Jivaro Indians in Ecuador. They cut their enemy's head, remove the skull then shrinking the skin to the size of the fist and they call it Tsantsas. There's also a funny tunnel where you feel like you are dizzy to cross it and will even hold the rail.
    Who's Robert Ripley? Well he's a traveler like everyone else. He traveled 201 countries reporting, collecting and documenting the most unusual stories or things he could find.

He said: " I have traveled in 201 countries and the strangest thing I saw was a man"

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Since 1963!

by kris-t Updated Apr 4, 2011

Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Museum offers any where from an hour to a days worth of first class entertainment .
    Interactive, picture spots, hands-on exhibits, clean fun.
    You can see a two headed goat or a model of the Empire State building made completely out of toothpicks etc...

Open Hours

• sim1's Profile Photo

Ripleys Believe it or not

by sim1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Ripleys Believe it or Not

A 'Ripleys Believe it or Not' is a must of course in an area like Clifton Hills. On their website you can find info about opening hours and entrance fee: http://www.ripleys.com/nia.htm

Believe it or not.... hahaha, I have not been in here. So again no opinion about if it is any good.

All in all my trip to Niagara was fun and I hope you did get an impression of the area while reading my page.

My final advice to you is not to go here with too high expectations, or you might be disappointed. I felt like that the first time I visited the falls. I was so eager to see them, this amazing natural wonder. But it was quite the shock when getting here. All the tourist fuss surrounding it and the huge amount of concrete around the falls was a disappointment to me. The falls are still amazing, if you are able to forget all the rest. I learnt that the third time around. Hahaha, and being here this third time, with the one I love, spending a romantic time, was of course a big plus too :-)))

• Museum Visits

• kris-t's Profile Photo

RIPLEY'S MOVING THEATRE

by kris-t Written Jul 6, 2009

RIPLEY'S MOVING THEATRE

the only movie of its kind, where you actually move with the picture and feel every bump, dip and turn

Seats Move in 8 Directions
    Niagara Falls Only 70mm Film
    3D Technology with 4D Effects
    6 Channel Digital Surround Sound
    State-of-the-art Motion Simulator
    Experience our special wind, snow and mist effects

• School Holidays
    • Study Abroad

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo

Very different they have some amazing stuff there.

by irishgalmtl Updated Nov 25, 2006

ripleys believe it or not

I had never been and always wannit to go very interesting stuff there stuff I've never seen in my life...Be prepaired to read though as most of the item have written explaination.Open since 1963 Look for link will give you coupon,..Ripley's Believe it or Not! in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

• Martman's Profile Photo

Small Museums

by Martman Written Feb 3, 2006

Niagara Falls is full of small museums such as Haunted Houses, Ripley’s, and Guinness Book of Records etc. They are not without controversy. Many people feel they are just tourist traps. Personally, I love them. I believe they add to the holiday atmosphere. If you do not like them, just do not go to them! When I have been to any of these museums, I really enjoyed myself. You must just be aware that these are small museums. If you expect to spend a morning at them, then you will be disappointed. When I next visit Niagara Falls, I plan to visit these museums again.

• Ripleys Museum

by nathanrb Written Jul 25, 2005

I found the museum most interesting but would not take a young child again. Some of the most interesting exhibits took a bit of reading to really appreciate them and my young son was anxious to keep moving to see what was around the corner. I would have enjoyed the visit more if I could have taken my time. Oh well..maybe next time.

• Theme Park Trips
    • Museum Visits

Instant Answers: Niagara Falls

Comments

Hotels Near Ripleys Believe It Or Not! Museum
4.0 out of 5 stars