Whirlpool Jet Boat Rides, Niagara Falls

4.5 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews

Some more swirls
    by abi_maha
    The scenery around is beautiful
    As the water flows in
  • solopes's Profile Photo

I skipped

by solopes Updated Sep 26, 2012

Niagara Falls - Canada

No I didn't make the jet boat rides.

Seen from the air, the whirlpool seems really challenging and, merging my good memories from Safari Macuco in Iguaçu,
    Brazil, with the comments in VT, I think that, next time in Niagara, I'll forget that I'm over sixty, and...

• Eco-Tourism
    • National/State Park
    • Water Sports

• abi_maha's Profile Photo

A bit of a disappointment

by abi_maha Written Jun 23, 2009

The jet boad

We had read a lot about the whirlpool and how it was one of only 3 of its kind in the world. However atleast when we saw it, it did't look like much. So though we went all the way we didn't take the jetboat ride.

• Whirlpool Jet Boat

by evangelista1215 Written Sep 10, 2007

Going on this boat was the best thing we did in Niagara Falls -- it beat out Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds and Journey Behind the Falls hands down. While those things are certainly lovely and are much recommended for seeing the falls themselves, the 20-minute drive to Niagara on the Lake and the Whirlpool Jet boat ride was worth it. It is extremely safe, and going into the rapids and swells in a 1500-horsepower flat-bottom boat was amazing! Every time you go into the rapids, it feels like someone is dumping 5 bathtubs full of water over your head -- and you can't help but laugh hysterically at it. I went this past weekend and the water was fairly warm -- if it is summer, I recommend wearing a bathing suits, otherwise wear shorts and a light shirt. They give you a poncho and water shoes to wear, but you get soaked anyway. Bring a towel to help dry off so you can change into dry clothes after it is over.

• Water Sports

• LakeFever's Profile Photo

Whirlpool Jet.....the water is free!

by LakeFever Written Dec 15, 2005

Are there actualy 50 ppl on board?

This has to be the best thing to do in Niagara....one hour tour on the water....and yes, you do get wet....bring a change of clothes...they provide gear to keep you warm and footwear. The guides are great, scenery awesome, and the thrill unexplainable! The boat goes up the huge Niagara River and into the Whirlpool....through devils hole on the way back...you dont have to be athletic or an adrenaline junkie to enjoy...this one is for all ages! I choose this over he maid of the mist any day! Worth every penny!

• Business Travel

• hayward68's Profile Photo

Whirlpool Jet Rides

by hayward68 Written Sep 8, 2002

If you want a little excitement you have to try this.
    The jet boat starts in Niagara-on-the-Lake and goes up the Niagara River to the Gorge (by the whirlpool) and then proceeds to ride the rapids. Prepare to be soaked! The water crashes right over you and the drivers are maniacs. Don't breathe in at the wrong time, I did and choked on the water that crashed over our heads! Thought I was going to drown!
    The water is quite cold in May, which is when we went, so they give you a wool sweater to put over your clothes (a damp one at that), then dress you in waterproof coveralls and a rain poncho. On top of that lot goes a lifevest. You can wear booties if you don't want to wear your own shoes. Don't think that this will keep you dry though. The water will get to your clothes, making everyone look as if they'd wet their pants.
    Take a spare change of clothes!!!

• hayward68's Profile Photo

Here's me preparing for Jet...

by hayward68 Written Sep 8, 2002

Here's me preparing for Jet Boat ride and not knowing my picture is being taken!

You can also buy a videotape of your trip if you wish, they tape the whole thing.

Instant Answers: Niagara Falls

Comments

Hotels Near Whirlpool Jet Boat Rides
3.5 out of 5 stars