Niagara Falls Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Niagara Falls

• aphrodyte's Profile Photo

Get a goin' with the People Mover Tram

by aphrodyte Written Jul 3, 2003

I want a window seat! Wait, its all window seats!

For a one time charge, you are given a sticker. You place your sticker somewhere visible on your clothing and this allows you to travel all day long from where the Falls start at Table Rock to Queenston Heights Park and back again.

The trams travel on Niagara Parkway approximately every 20 minutes to each pre-designated spots.The People Movers are great for going from one attraction to another instead of having to walk to them. It is really beneficial during the busy and hot months of the year. While seated in the air-conditioned busses, the strains of pre-recorded commentaries of the park are heard through the intercom. You may get on and off different People Movers for no additional fee.

FYI --- The sticker does not stick well on wet clothes. I am not sure what happens if you actually lose one, you may have to purchase another one...or walk.

Depending on the season they are open as early as 10-11am and closing times vary.

Adult -- $5.89
    Child --$2.94

• krizt's Profile Photo

Drive if you Can

by krizt Updated Jun 13, 2003
    Great Wine!

Well, I drove from Southern Illinois to Niagara and it took about 12- 13 hrs. We took 57 N to 70 W to 71 N and we were in Buffalo- I think we just followed signs from there. We went through Indianapolis, Columbus, Cleveland, Eerie, and Buffalo. There are a lot of wine trails around Eerie. We stopped at one -Scholss Doepken- that was really good and the vineyard was beauthiful. The lady there was extremely helpful and very nice. Check out the book 'Discovering Lake Eerie Wineries' by Kevin M. Atticks.
    On the way home we hit a lot of road construction so we took 79 S to 64 E. We went through Pittsburg, Charleston, and Lexington. Couldn't find a place to stop and have a drink in West Virginia- Don't really like it there but it was a BEAUTIFUL drive!!!

• krizt's Profile Photo

Don't waste your money!

by krizt Written Jun 13, 2003

train car thing

Walk ! Everything is right around one spot. I guess there are a few things you may want to see that aren't within walking distance. But- I didn't use my car the entire time we were there. We walked everywhere. Make sure you're in well enough shape though. i thought I might pass out - there are a lot of hills ups and downs. Take water with you too. Plus if you walk, you won't miss a thing!

Oh and if you get to a place that you can't get down from- take this thing in the picture! It's a cart that lets you down the hill. I think it's like $3 a person max. (If anyone knows what this thing is called please let me know !)

• journey from the train station/bus depot

by denisen123 Written Oct 20, 2002

when you get off the train in niagara(coming from the usa) if you wait just outside the main doors there is a cab company that collects regularly, the drivers agreat, the service prompt and price very reasonable

• sunnywong's Profile Photo

People Mover

by sunnywong Updated Sep 18, 2002
    People Mover at Niagara Falls

One low fee, (the fee is included in the Explorer's Passport PLUS) allows you to travel all day along the 30 kilometre (19 miles) loop running from just above the Falls to Queenston Heights Park and return. You may get on and off different People Movers for no additional fee. Tickets available at stops 1,3,7,8,18 and 20 along the route.

People Mover also offers a Park & Ride service in association with the Rapids View Parking area. A maximum charge of $13 per vehicle provides every person in the vehicle with their own all day Pople Mover pass.

• miner's Profile Photo

We traveled by car but there...

by miner Written Sep 2, 2002

We traveled by car but there is an airport in Buffalo,New York that is nearby.
    Parking is sometimes scarce and the best way to get around is by tour busor one of the shuttle buses.We did not utilize it on our trip but we will next time.
    the double decker bus looked interesting and we saw it at a lot of places we visited.

• kimberbakos's Profile Photo

We drove through upstate PA...

by kimberbakos Written Oct 11, 2002

We drove through upstate PA and NY to get here, and then came home to MI through Canada.
    DOUBLE DECKER TOUR BUS - We got their tour package that includes the transportation to most places of interest at your own pace (buses came by every 20 minutes) and included admission to Maid of the Mist, the Aerocar, and the Journey Behind the Falls. It was $78 US dollars/$110 Canadian for the tour and every cent was well spent. Every place that we visited was a part of the tour.
    (photo is from this site)

• hayward68's Profile Photo

Use the People Mover shuttles...

by hayward68 Written Sep 8, 2002

Use the People Mover shuttles to get from one area to another.
    You buy passes which allow you to hop on and off the buses which visit all the points of interest and go to a lot of the motels in the outer regions.
    For info call 1-905-357-9346 or check out following website

People Mover

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo

Turbulence

by CliffClaven Written Sep 4, 2002

If, like old Cliffie, you always set off for Niagara Falls from New York, the only sensible way to do it is to take the easy one-hour flight to Buffalo Niagara International Airport and pick up a hire car for the 45-minute drive to the Falls. On the way back, old Cliffie hopes you fare better than he did on one turbulent, let's-get-this-baby-on-the-ground flight during an East Coast blizzard that was blanketing most of southern New York state and New Jersey. As the 737 lurched sickeningly sideways, the pilot laconically announced: Ladies and gentlemen, we shall shortly be landing - if I can find the goddam airport.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Greyhound QuickLink

by spidermiss Updated Apr 30, 2011
    My journey (please excuse the blurred car)

I travelled from Toronto to Niagara Falls by Greyhound Bus. It took around 1.5 hours to reach my destination and it cost me 42.19 CAD (including taxes) (November 2006) for an advance round ticket.

• luca76's Profile Photo

great gorge adventure

by luca76 Written Sep 26, 2004

take a tour in the middle of the falls, it's an amazing experience, but when you will get off , you are completely wet!!
    price is 11 canadian dollars

Instant Answers: Niagara Falls

Comments

Niagara Falls Transportation

Reviews and photos of Niagara Falls transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Niagara Falls sightseeing.

View all Niagara Falls hotels