Niagara-on-the-Lake Restaurants

by violette_ca
    by kemisteryoso

Best Rated Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-Lake

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Stone Road Grille: What a pleasant surprise!

by Jefie Updated Jul 7, 2007

We have to thank Pauline and Mike, our B&B hosts, for helping us find this great restaurant. The Stone Road Grille is located in an old, not so nice plaza, under a beat-up restaurant sign (all that's left of it is "REST"). But once you step inside, you discover a great restaurant with a charming lounge atmosphere and amazing food at an affordable price. Truly one of the best kept secrets of the area! But I recommend making a reservation because the place is not very big and it is one of the locals' favorite restaurants.

Favorite Dish: My potato ravioli dish was delicious!

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

The Escabeche Restaurant in Prince of Wales Hotel: Beautiful restaurant & Service

by tpangelinan Updated Jul 27, 2005

We decided to try this place for lunch. This was a beautiful restaurant, very victorian and very expensive for what you get. The service was wonderful, the food rather eclectic and not what we are use to. You can eat inside, outside on in a patio area that is enclosed. The choices of food and combinations were rather strange and portions were kinda small with some interesting tastes. This is not really our style but may be yours, we just felt like the cheif was a bit to foofoo!

• Luxury Travel

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo

The Anchorage: many and varied to suit all wallets

by kenHuocj Updated Jul 13, 2006

Kia Ora Bed & Bkfst - Canadian Ham- local produce

Eateries / restaurants of all categories
    including a Time Hortons a block from Kia Ora on Mary St
    where we had a wholesome Breakfast in Ambient surroundings;

The Anchorage 186 Ricardo Street
    across from the Marina, Niagara-on-the-Lake L0S 1J0
    was our dinner stop

The discrimainting and Charge card clientelle - Fine Restaurants

more for others

and as we're in Wine country, go local

• Lawrenceville restaurant: LAWRENCEVILLE RESTAURANT .........WOW

by Joethefoodguy Written May 19, 2007

We went there by accident, my wife saw the patio they had filled with plant and water fountains, she asked me to stop. The food was amazing, Prime rib was so tender and the bread was fantastic. We ordered the brushetta and it was really good. My wife had a fancy hawaiian style drink that was really well presented. Her Veal Parmesan as she mumbled with her mouth full, was to die for. Let me tell you......miss this restaurant when your in Niagara on the lake and you have missed the best place to eat.

Favorite Dish: PRIME RIB

• JennysTravels's Profile Photo

The Olde Angel Inn: Haunted Pints

by JennysTravels Written Sep 9, 2007

The Olde Angel Inn. What a brilliant little English Pub. It's the oldest running inn in NOTL. The halls of The Angel are haunted by Captain Swayze's ghost. He was accidentally killed during the War of 1812. He rarely visits the upper floors of the inn, so long as the British flag is flying. His ghost is said to walk the cellar, some bartenders have seen glasses thrown around. (and not by drunk patrons)

Favorite Dish: The many wonderful draft on tap.

• Spa and Resort
    • Beer Tasting

• Lawrenceville: Wonderful Food and Atmosphere

by jmj523 Written Oct 8, 2006

My husband and I went to this restaurant last night, 10/7/06. We chose it after doing our homework . . . talking to people and reading the reviews online. It was extra important for us to choose a nice restaurant because it was our anniversary.

The food was delicious! The atmosphere was very warm and welcoming!!

These Rochester, NY people will certainly come back!!! Thank you!

Favorite Dish: Great prime rib, soup, homemade bread & pie. Everything was great!

• Stone Road Grille, Niagara On The Lake: Stone Road Grille--An Outstanding Resto.

by Jim120253 Written Sep 6, 2005

It's well worth dining here. Three of us spent a weekend in this charming town, and we ate here twice. Recommendations: Order the chicken! Reservations a must. A little tight on space, with few tables offering any degree of privacy, and consequently a bit noisy. This is the type of restaurant that could be found in any major metropolitan area, offering a refinement of French cooking preparation using locally grown ingredients as well as local wines. Attentive, friendly service, too.

Favorite Dish: The chicken was beautifully prepared, with an assortment of pan sauteed vegetables and locally produced bacon.

• travelgirl3's Profile Photo

Stagecoach Restaurant: Good Ol Fashioned Cookin'

by travelgirl3 Updated Sep 29, 2005

Stagecoach Restaurant

In Niagara-on-the-Lake, restaurants tend to be quite upscale. As we visited with our 2 kids, and my elderly Mom, imagine our luck and surprise at finding this little gem! Located directly on Queen Street in the main shopping district, The Stagecoach Restaurant is a great spot. Cheap, cheerful and catering to families, they offer an all day breakfast and regular ‘diner’ fare which is available with table service, or for take out. When we arrived, I explained that we were there for my Mom’s 80th birthday, and could they possibly bring out the cake I had brought along. I wasn’t to confident at first, as it didn’t quite seem the type of place to do that. Was I wrong! Not only did they bring it out, candles lit, but our server recruited another to help her sing ‘Happy Birthday’! What a pleasant surprise.

The restaurant perhaps looks a little run down, but if you’re looking for great home cookin’ at a reasonable price, and you have your young’uns in tow, you can’t go wrong at the Stagecoach.

Favorite Dish: My kids opted for the breakfast selections of French toast, eggs, bacon & sausages. Others in our party enjoyed a cheeseburger, chicken burger and toasted western, all with fries of course. Hubby opted for one of his favourites, the hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes. And while I think he does this to challenge the cook, he always asks for fried onions on top of the turkey, then the gravy. Our server seemed uncertain, but promised to check. Sure enough, it arrived exactly as ordered, and was thoroughly enjoyed.

• On the Twenty: Make the Excursion to Jordan, Ontario

by Jim120253 Written Sep 6, 2005

"Virtual Tourist" doesn't list Jordan, Ontario, as a destination; however, as a group of 5 who visit Niagara on the Lake each year, we always book a table at "On the Twenty" in Jordan, about 20 minutes west of NOTL. Sublime food in a remarkable setting, overlooking the Jordan valley. Spectacular sunset dining if you time things right. This restaurant has been written up in travel magazines and guides, so I'm surprised I'm the first reviewer. The restaurant relies on locally produced ingredients. Smooth service, nice table linens, etc.

Reservations a must. Sorry I don't have the number, but you can find it on the web.

Favorite Dish: The menu changes frequently, so what I recommend may not be on the menu when you visit. On this past visit (September 3, 2005), I had an heirloom tomato soup, a rack of venison, and a pavlova (meringue) with cloudberries and homemade ice cream. Everything well prepared and presented.

• TimDaoust's Profile Photo

The Buttery Theater and Restaurant: Cozy little Tavern

by TimDaoust Updated May 4, 2005

A lot of pub fare here and decent wine and beer, they have a porch that's heated and nice comfy chairs at some of the tables. On the weekends they have Henry VIII feasts. I saw flyers there advertising these but I had to look on the net to get more of an explanation as to what they entail. Apparently, it's an all out medieval banquet where the servers are dressed up and the food is plenty. More details search the web for details.

Favorite Dish: I had Welsh Rarebit with a poached egg on top (pretty decent) and my wife had a nice sandwich, the ingredients of which I forget at this particular moment.

• STONE ROAD GRILL: Stone Road Grill NOT WORTH IT

by Mussari Updated Mar 11, 2006

Our B&B hosts had recommended the Lawrenceville in Virgil, 7 minutes up the road. But after reading the reviews we thought we would try the Stone Road Grill. AWFUL, absolutely a waste of time. The food was so bland and the lighting horrible. If the Chef is really a chef, he should go back for retraining.

Favorite Dish: Both my wife and I wish we could say something good, but??????

• LAWRENCEVILLE RESTAURANT: Best Prime RIB and Sunday Buffet

by Itsyweeny Written May 17, 2006

It was a treat to eat at this restaurant. We tried the other recommendations on this site but found all average untill we stopped at the Lawrenceville in Virgil. Excellent Prime Rib......Huge tender piece of beef that has no equal. Included was a great salad bar as well as homemade bread, can you believe it a restaurant that still bakes its own bread......WOW. We decided after the Sat Night meal was so good to try the buffet the locals call unbelievable.......they were right. Crab legs, shrimp, turkey, off the bone Ham and desserts so unbelievable I cant even mention it here. I asked the waitress were they get the desserts, you wont believe it when I tell you what she said.......the owner makes them. LOL this is old school folks, no fancy name for hamburger like the Pillar and post or overpriced food that a self promoting chef makes. This is real food, honest food that I can say is worth every penny and more.........DONT MISS IT.

Favorite Dish: PRIME RIB................one word TENDER

Copacabana Brazilian Steakhouse
    Adresse : 6671 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls, ON L2G 7G1
    Téléphone :(905) 354-8775
    Open at 17:00 to 23:00

You have salad buffet and there are many varieties of meat and they are all perfectly seasoned and prepared over a charcoal fire.

There were many servers too coming around with the meat and asked us numerious times specifically what meats we wanted, and several minutes later brought what we had asked.

Really nice patio, live music was great, food was perfect and staff was quick and friendly. Great time, highly recommend it.

Reservations: Recommended

Favorite Dish: My favorite meat was bacon wrapped fillet minion.

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

by kemisteryoso Written Jan 21, 2013
    Fournos

I love this one it's a bit small and located in the basement with no windows but the place is clean and design is great. If you are claustrophobic, try other restaurants. Their staff are very accommodating and will explain their menu if you asked. They serve both Canadian and Greek cuisine. I had an Avgolemono, grilled lamb chops and fries which are very good in my taste. I have no complaints. The prices are average compared to other restaurants around.

Favorite Dish: AvgoLemono, it is a kind of greek soup. The waiter said made with egg mixed with chicken broth and boiled rice am not sure if I heard it right then heated until they thicken.

Instant Answers: Niagara-on-the-Lake

Comments

Niagara-on-the-Lake Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Niagara-on-the-Lake restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Niagara-on-the-Lake sightseeing.

View all Niagara-on-the-Lake hotels